Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Re: Hi-Point Pistols

Ugly, Cheaply made, durable, not super accuracte but accurate enough, Some not wanting to own one due to gang members using them ...... This sounds like the AK47 back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield724 View Post
    Ugly, Cheaply made, durable, not super accuracte but accurate enough, Some not wanting to own one due to gang members using them ...... This sounds like the AK47 back in the day
    Nah, I won't buy a high point cause I can afford better. I won't buy and AK because it's a symbol of communist fucktardism.

(Adams County)

Nothing wrong with HiPoint. Great bang for the buck firearms. Ugly and heavy without a doubt. But try to beat the warranty and customer service, likely not possible!

I've owned a few over the years and currently still own and love my 40S&W carbine! Extremely accurate. Even @ 100yrds I can pull head shots all day with my handloads! Goes bang every time. Never jams never misfires. Shoots anything I feed it even.

Same goes for the pistols.

Would I CC one? Sure, if I had to, without a question I'd trust my life to the firearm. But do I CC one? No. That's what I use my P226 for. Even it is less heavy and less bulky lol.

Most that bash HiPoint are honestly just brand biased fanboys that think expensive gives them some elite status symbol, or at least the ones I run into fit this category. And most have never likely even used one.

Not everyone can afford a Sig, GLOCK, Springfield, etc. HiPoint gives those on a tight budget a very reliable way to protect themselves, their family, and their property!

(Berks County)

Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Montgomery County)

Hi Points are great for CONCEALED carry because they are so ugly you don 't want anyone to see it... LOL

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    there have been plenty of people that have experienced problems with hipoint pistols and there are plenty of people that have had nothing but success with them. i wouldn't buy one because they are ugly and while they may work you get what you pay for in terms of quality. a 150 dollar pistol is just that a 150 dollar pistol that doesn't compare in quality to a beretta, glock, sig, hk, s&w or ruger to name a few. with that said i wouldn't critisize any one that purchased a hipoint because everyone can't afford a glock or doesn't want to spend 800 on a SIG because they have other priorities. if asked my recommendation would be to purchase one of the COMBLOC milsurp pistols before i'd recommend purchasing a hipoint. great that there is a company producing firearms that are affordable to everyone but there are better options at not that much of a price increase.
    Who's going to repair those "COMBLOC" pistols when needed? You've already spent 75-100 more for them than hi-points, not to mention the ammo for them is more expensive than 9mm luger. This recommendation falls flat.
    Other than mag-lips being bent on a few, I've rarely heard of hi-point functioning issues. "Plenty" seems to be a weak description. As with many of the naysayers, I suspect a never-owned/never-shot experience with u.

(York County)

I won't carry my Hi-Point because of it's weight. But I got 1000's of rounds through mine and not one single failure of any kind with any type of ammo that I have managed to put through it. It's been treated like a red headed step child and beat like a baby seal. Still goes bang and still shoots as well as the day I got it. Every time I get it out to shoot, it makes me laugh. Damn it's ugly.
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. Benjamin Franklin

I own a carbine Hipoint and works flawless,Friend who is financially prevented from getting a HIGHER PRICED gun owns two a C 9mm and the Larger 45acp,the only issue ever experienced with his and my Hipoints is tthe Mag has to be reloaded after firing all the rounds !

(Allegheny County)

I would pay more for a brick of 22 before I bought a hi-point.

(York County)

I own a Hi-Point JCP 40 and the 4095 Carbine. Both guns are the most reliable guns I have owned. I do not carry the JCP .40 because it is too heavy and, while it feels fine in the hand, it is uncomfortable to carry (I have tried and I have other guns that are much better suited for carry). Both are fun at the range and I would count on either to defend my home.

As for accuracy they are more accurate than most of us. This is the JCP .40 at the range.

III% - Stand and be counted

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast