Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Default Re: PAFOA/PMSC Group Shoot 4 of 4 for 2014

Sbr.... AR. pistol=both

(Beaver County)

I agree about the AR versatility, but I've known EM for a while now and I just think the AK is better for him and his situation.
    Just my $.02

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by JSPA View Post
    I agree about the AR versatility, but I've known EM for a while now and I just think the AK is better for him and his situation.
    Just my $.02
    I dont know him just putting in my thoughts on it, dont own an ak yet but will and its probably going to be a 74, or if i can get my buddy to sell me his krink parts kit.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JSPA View Post
    Just my $.02

Is that a nice way of saying "simple" and "cheap"?

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Venango County)

simple and cheap go AR and build your own bargain shopping and looking for deals. i bought my lower and did my tax stamp and peiced it together wait on the atf. If you can build legos you can build an AR.

(Washington County)

I have all the AR tools if you want to borrow them or stop by for an ATF approved build party (you turn wrenches while I drink beer and watch).

As already mentioned, many say the AR pistols with a barrel shorter than 11" have crappy dwell time and suck. I had an AR pistol with a 7" barrel and it was, well...less than useful. Now I have my 11.5" SBR with a suppressor and this is the cat's ass. I don't think I would have a short barrel AR if I didn't have a suppressor. My short barrel AK is just a fun range toy basically. They're obviously very different so I can't recommend one over the other, but I do think the arm brace stock looks hideous on an AK, in my opinion. Personally, I would SBR a PAP AK pistol and attach a triangle side folding stock. Sick look and fun to shoot. If you're not looking to send the ATF $200 right now then stick with the AR pistol and do an 11.5" barrel and start saving for a suppressor. There are some really affordable cans out there.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    I have all the AR tools if you want to borrow them or stop by for an ATF approved build party (you turn wrenches while I drink beer and watch).

Generous offer.

As already mentioned, many say the AR pistols with a barrel shorter than 11" have crappy dwell time and suck. I had an AR pistol with a 7" barrel and it was, well...less than useful. Now I have my 11.5" SBR with a suppressor and this is the cat's ass. I don't think I would have a short barrel AR if I didn't have a suppressor. My short barrel AK is just a fun range toy basically. They're obviously very different so I can't recommend one over the other, but I do think the arm brace stock looks hideous on an AK, in my opinion. Personally, I would SBR a PAP AK pistol and attach a triangle side folding stock. Sick look and fun to shoot. If you're not looking to send the ATF $200 right now then stick with the AR pistol and do an 11.5" barrel and start saving for a suppressor. There are some really affordable cans out there.

^^^^ This has not been my experience so far,but only have 30 or so rounds through the one (10.5inch) and 200 or so through the other (7.5 inch).Time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    AK pistol or AR pistol? Tough call - I liked them both.

My AR pistol in the picture is a 7.5 inch barrel,and so far no issues with functionality.

YMMV
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
    ^^^^ This has not been my experience so far,but only have 30 or so rounds through the one (10.5inch) and 200 or so through the other (7.5 inch).Time will tell.

My AR pistol in the picture is a 7.5 inch barrel,and so far no issues with functionality.

YMMV
    Yes, I see it's making friends with my Romanian underfolder SBR!

I never had an issue with mine either. The dwell time thing is a real, but it might never be a problem for your short barrel upper. I was more disappointed with the the overall handling of an AR pistol pre- arm brace craze, but to each their own.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    To the guy who let the short barrel shotgun hit the dirt, I noticed that you kind of "disappeared" after that happened. The gun was ok, no one was hurt, and you did the right thing, by not trying to catch it. Even though it really can't happen with a pump shotgun, if you dropped a semi auto pistol/rifle/shotgun and tried to catch it you could accidentally slap the trigger while it's pointing in an unsafe direction, so always let a gun hit the ground if you're losing it. So no worries, we live and learn, and you did the right thing letting it fall and then we moved on making the gun safe.
    Yeah ... that was me. Thanks for the kind words though. I was horrified. My brother-in-law was filming it and we agreed to destroy the evidence and show it to no one. I had too much fun, got too confident and made a poor decision. If it had been my gun, I would have been embarrassed but because it wasn't mine, I felt even worse. I'm glad your gun was alright though. Bad way to end what was a great shoot otherwise.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930