Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: New hunting vehicle

It depends on how far you travel to hunt, where you hunt, and how long of a trip it is.

I could see a small suv or Subaru or similar AWD working just as well as a pickup depending your situation and future finances. Unless you can afford to change it up as required.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Centre County)

I had a truck all my life to hunt. I also had Subaru outbacks for my family car. Last year I traded my silverado crew cab on a new 2014 Outback, and gave my 2012 outback to my daughter. I got a hitch and basket for the back to carry deer. The seats fold for plenty of room, and the Suby is hard to get stuck. I have chains, snow tires, and a come along, so I am pretty set. I walk my labs in the forest every weekend, so I am in the deep woods more than 75 days a year and I don't miss the truck. 30MPG in the summer pays for itself. I generally drive 30,000 miles a year so a new truck seemed inefficient for my needs. Depreciation, insurance and maintenance make owning more than one vehicle a PIA.

For $25K there are new options out there such as the Nissan Xterra. The Xterra isn't exactly high scale (lots of interior plastic) but it would offer the security of a warranty. Just a thought.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123