Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Adams County)

Default CW9 trigger pull

Has anyone measured the trigger pull wt. of the Kahr CW9?

My wife has been using a S&W J frame (642), but the trigger pull is too heavy for her to shoot well. The recoil doesn't seem to be a problem, just the trigger. I was just thinking that the CW9 might be a better choice. Any thoughts?

I will also check the local range and see if they might have one to rent.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: CW9 trigger pull

Quote Originally Posted by A/C guy View Post
    Has anyone measured the trigger pull wt. of the Kahr CW9?

My wife has been using a S&W J frame (642), but the trigger pull is too heavy for her to shoot well. The recoil doesn't seem to be a problem, just the trigger. I was just thinking that the CW9 might be a better choice. Any thoughts?

I will also check the local range and see if they might have one to rent.
    It is listed at between 7 to 9 lbs. I have a P9 Covert but have never actually checked the trigger pull weight.
    http://www.kahr.com/PA-1B/review_ch0905.html

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Pike County)

Thumbs up Re: CW9 trigger pull

I have a cw9 but no idea of the trigger pull,it is a nice gun to shoot,if she can handle the S&W the cw9 will be a good gun for her........but yet am no expert,maybe on june 8 if u go to the shoot out u can shoot mine,if u are going and want to test it just go to my profile and u will see an ugly thing,thats me easy to recognize lol,no,JK,I will let u test mine my friend...glockguy68.
    "one loves to possess arms, tho they hope never to have occasion for them." Thomas Jefferson in a letter to George Washington 6/19/1796glockguy68...shoot safe...NRA member...US infidel...

(Monroe County)

My MK9 measures about 7.75 lbs. The triggers smooth out a lot after about 500 rounds.

(Allegheny County)

You can also test mine out at the group shoot. I am 99.9% sure I will be there.

The trigger pull is much lighter than my Taurus 85 snubbie... and the 85 isn't even a heavy pull.

(Monroe County)

Its not a light trigger but its also designed as a carry gun so the gun won't go bang unless you want it to!
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Blair County)

I own both, but I'm away right now so I can't do an immediate comparison. From a purely subjective standpoint, the trigger on the CW9 is somewhat lighter and a has a shorter pull. Not so short as to be unsafe, but shorter than the J frame.

The other factor is that unless you have some bigger than usual grips on the J frame, you're really only getting two fingers on the grip. For most of us, the CW9 allows you to put all three of your non-trigger fingers on the grip, which substantially increases the amount of grip you can put on the gun and the amount of pressure and control you can exert on the trigger.

I still think the Kahr polymer 9s are guns that someone in Glock's marketing department should have insisted they (Glock) build. I have had excellent results from both my CW9 and my P9.
    PREPARE FOR BATTLE

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DPB View Post
    I still think the Kahr polymer 9s are guns that someone in Glock's marketing department should have insisted they (Glock) build. I have had excellent results from both my CW9 and my P9.
    I said the exact same thing when I got to shoot my buddy's PM9 for the first time a few months ago. I had two friends who each bought a Glock 26 when the "baby Glocks" were first introduced "back in the day". They both already owned a full sized Glock and a S&W 442. Both later admitted they still carried their 442 more often, and bemoaned that Glock didn't make a single stack like 9mm.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by A/C guy View Post

My wife has been using a S&W J frame (642)... I was just thinking that the CW9 might be a better choice. Any thoughts?
    I have been carrying a J-frame S&W in a pocket holster as my CCW for a number of years. I have always liked the reliability and light weight of the 442/642. I am now green with envy at my pal's Kahr PM9. Upon shooting it, I found the PM9 had less felt recoil than my S&W. I also liked the trigger a little better, though I’ve never actually disliked my 642’s trigger. I fired both guns, one after the other, and was convinced on the spot. I was able to draw, get a sight picture, and fire controlled pairs and double taps a lot better with the Kahr. Go for the Kahr, IMHO.

(Adams County)

Thanks for the input. I think there may be a CW 9 in my future.