Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Any p95 owners?

(Berks County)

Default Any p95 owners?

Hey all, I finally decided to purchase my very first ruger today. I have been in the market for a high-capacity 9mm. I own a few glocks and xd's, but never a ruger...After enough research i decided on the P-95, only to find out they have been discontinued...Luckily, i call my LGS and he has two left in stock. Sticker price was $389.

I just have a few questions for you folks. When the gun is cocked and the safey is off, i noticed that when i engage the saftey the whole slide moves forward slightly....Is that normal?

Secondly, i field stripped the weapon a few times to become accustomed to the procedure. Did everything like the instructions said, but i did notice that as soon as i remove the slide from the frame my ejector that i just pushed down, suddenly pops back up again...?

Lastly, while getting use to the controls, i was working the slide and the saftey, etc (unloaded firearm) I notice the one time after i had locked the slide back, i pressed the slide release ( with my hand guiding the slide, not letting it slam) and as soon as it returned to battery the hammer dropped? Maybe i was over-looking a saftey feature?

I look forward to shooting her this weekend and I will let you guys know how it goes!- RC

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Any p95 owners?

When you have the slide locked back with the "Safety On" the pistol should de-cock,(drop the hammer) as the slide goes forward into battery. I think that the P-95DC model was discontinued a year or two before the regular P-95 was.

In any event, read the manual and if you think you still have a problem, give Ruger customer service a call.
    For those who've never fought for it, the price of freedom shall never be known.

P95's are nice. Yes the slide does move forward, but you have to look for it to move because the movement is so slight.

The ejector does pop back up when the slide is put back on.

It does decock when it's is off.

While the P95 is a bit of a brick, it's also a work horse. It's a nice strong pistol.

(Columbia County)

I like em, I have 1 P95, 1 P95DC and one P89. I'm always on the lookout for more to buy, I use them to train new shooters.

Smile Re: Any p95 owners?

I still have my P-95,Yes it can be a brick, Duty gun for a few years and dont care if it got scratched up a bit,accurate Yes very accurate and feeds everything I put into it,My son has wanted one for house duty but cant give mine up,just a Ruger fan I guess,I rate them just as high as the S&W Sigms,affordable,accurate and feeds everything,congrats.

(Montgomery County)

Not the 95 but I have an 89 and a 90 DC that swallow anything that I feed them, from FMJ to empty cases. Built like a tank and accurate in " minute of man". Dave_N

(Chester County)

I actually own an unfired P95DC Blued. I'd like a stainless for carry. I'd hate to fire an unfired gun as there are so few around.