Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default 22lr conversion kits

I'm wondering about these 22lr conversion kits. has anyone gotten one. How was it, did it work. I have found them for glock which is my next pistol, just waiting for it to come in. does anyone know if the make them for the Taurus pro millennium series. would it be more feasible to just go invest in a couple 22's.

Bastard Child
    Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldier will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race! Chesty Puller

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: 22lr conversion kits

I recently bought a used Glock 19 with an Advantage Arms .22 Cal. conversion kit. The conversion unit is rather ammo sensitive. The included documentation strongly suggests certain brands of 40 grain high velocity ammo. They give you a pretty good choice and I found by experiment that their suggestions were valid. The ammo they said would have problems, did and the ammo they said would work, did.

The conversion unit didn't make my Glock a target pistol but it did provide reasonably accurate and cheap practice shooting. When I used the suggested ammo, it was very reliable.

(Allegheny County)

I have a Glock 23 and got an Advantage arms .22 conversion kit and got 2 extra mags.

I had a bit of problem early on with the ammo listed as not to use but ran 150 rounds of Federal through it last weekend and only had one failure to fire. I recycled the round through and it did fire.

I personally don't care if the gun malfs while shooting .22s. It is good to practice malfunction clearance drills.

It does shoot a bit low so accuracy isn't there(I was hitting 6 inch plates at 20 yds by aiming at the top of the plate). All the mags function well, the slide locks back when it's empty.

I'm quite satisfied. I think the biggest advantage aside from cheaper ammo practice is the fact that you are shooting your carry gun. The weight is a bit light but you are handling the pistol you carry. if you buy a secondary pistol in .22, you have a completely different grip.

As I was advised early on, after you shoot it a bit, run some full power loads through it to get used to the recoil of your carry ammo.

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    I have a Glock 23 and got an Advantage arms .22 conversion kit and got 2 extra mags.

I had a bit of problem early on with the ammo listed as not to use but ran 150 rounds of Federal through it last weekend and only had one failure to fire. I recycled the round through and it did fire.

I personally don't care if the gun malfs while shooting .22s. It is good to practice malfunction clearance drills.

It does shoot a bit low so accuracy isn't there(I was hitting 6 inch plates at 20 yds by aiming at the top of the plate). All the mags function well, the slide locks back when it's empty.

I'm quite satisfied. I think the biggest advantage aside from cheaper ammo practice is the fact that you are shooting your carry gun. The weight is a bit light but you are handling the pistol you carry. if you buy a secondary pistol in .22, you have a completely different grip.

As I was advised early on, after you shoot it a bit, run some full power loads through it to get used to the recoil of your carry ammo.

27hand
    +1!

I have the Advantage Arms conversion for my Glock 31, and the Wilson conversion (built by Marvel) for my Wilson Combat. They allow me to shoot the pistols more often with less expense, and use the same holsters, etc.

I have always shot the recommended ammo and never had a problem. Wow, I'm starting to sound like a conformist!
    ~ Luke... Come to the dark side... We have cookies! ~

(Delaware County)

I got the Kadet conversion kit for my CZ and it eats anything I feed it. It took a bit of hand fitting and was done with a metal fingernail file in about 15 minutes. The advantage is you get the same ergo's as the base pistol and can practice with the less expensive ammo. It's like getting two pistols for little more than the price of one.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson.

(Lancaster County)

I also have a CZ Kadet that shoots well. I have a Ciener for my AR-15 and that shoots very well and functions 99% of the time. Any malfunctions are ammo misfires. My wife has a Ciener for her Beretta M9 and she enjoys that more than any other .22 she has shot.

The .22 kits are expensive but if you shoot alot and want to practice with your main pistol, it's the way to go.

(Westmoreland County)

Sounds like these are a good deal. Does anyone know where i can find one for a taurus pro millenium, for my better halfs handgun? I have found them for the glock 20 which i am planning on getting, but still searching for hers. Thanks in advance

Basttard Child
    Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldier will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race! Chesty Puller