Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default P226 .22 conversion kit.

I am thinking of getting the p226 .22 conversion kit just to get more trigger time due to cost of 9mm ammo. Does anyone have feedback on the kits? Function, accuracy, reliability, ect. From what I have heard so far they are great just no last shot lock back.

Anyone know if mag followers are available that increase capacity from 10 to 15. I don't think I am a fan of the lock open follower as it would make mag changes slower thus takig away from the quality of practice.

Finding an available conversion kit to buy is impossible but I guess that's for a different area in the forum that i am not hearing anything on.

Default Re: P226 .22 conversion kit.

My wife's P226 started out as a .22 cal with an Elite frame which she then upgraded to 9mm (Elite). As a .22 it shoots great, though the slide doesn't lock back on the last round. Magazines are expensive and hard to find.

You can upgrade the ten round mags to fifteen with parts from SigPower.com.

(Lancaster County)

I have the .22 conversion kit for the P220. Simple to change the slide, pop in the .22 mag and shoot a whole lot for a lot less money. .22LR is getting easier to find again. The fact that the slide does not lock back after the last round never bothered me. Some people have a real issue about that if you read other blogs. I do not believe the Sigpower guy is in business now. Read some really bad comments about service and response. He never got back to me on answers to email questions.

One thing I can say about the P220 conversion to .22LR is that it does not like standard velocity .22LR cartridges. Pretty much a lot of FTE. I just shoot with high velocity .22 ammo and it is fine.

Gander Mountain occasionally has had some CCI .22LR Minimag ammo in stock. Find some of that and you will never have any firing or feeding issues with the conversion. The conversion really loves the Minimag ammo.

SIG may have the conversions available now. Took about 2 months to get mine but that was last spring during the gun frenzy. Check gunbroker.com also. I did see some there last year but I had a 20% off coupon from registering a new gun with SIG that I wanted to use and I was willing to wait for the conversion for 20% off.

Happy shooting!
    Last edited by vetman03; February 24th, 2014 at 10:41 AM.

(York County)

I have the 226 kit on my 9mm 226 and it is great, EXCEPT, standard velocity rounds will not fully cycle the slide so you get stovepipes or the round just doesnt eject and reloads itself. The best thing ive used so far are CCI Stingers.

(York County)

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=398332946

an as new kit that costs about as much as 1000 rounds of 9X19.

suppose you have to pay $5/50 for 22LR ammo. you can shoot 1500 rounds in 9mm before you spend what it costs to buy this kit and shoot the same amount of 22LR with it. in the end, though, you have something that can always be sold for about what you paid for it.
    Last edited by justashooter; March 5th, 2014 at 08:39 PM.

(York County)

try to hold out if you can, every few months they will go back up somewhere for $225 and less. I got mine a couple months ago for $200 and it was the threaded barrel version.

(Franklin County)

I dont have a 226 but I did get a 22 conv kit for my g22 at the York show. Well, finally took it to the range today and it shot flawlessly with bulk remmington hp ammo.Also ran a box of Blazer rn through it.Again no problems. Overall I have nothing negative to say about the g22 conversion kit. Again , not the p226 kit but thought I would add my 2 cents about my experience with the kit I have.

(Westmoreland County)

So i picked up the p226 .22 conversion kit from midwayusa for about $210 with a coupon code they had running. Well I have to say it was the right price and shoots better then i even expected. I am in no way a bullseye shooter by any stretch but i always shot marksman when I was in the military so I am an ok shot. With that being said I could put a shot almost exactly where I wanted to with this kit. My first 10 shot group was 1 inch at 15 yards. I almost could not believe it myself so i loaded a 2nd mag and continued to punch the center out of the target. This is all with cheap Remington golden bullets. Prior to firing i cleaned the slide with some frog lube. Buy this kit if your considering it. You will not be disappointed. On the last shot non hold open i treated each one as a malfunction so i clear my malfunction 2nd nature when or if i really get one. The last ahold hold open or lack there of is a non issue for me.