Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default The Internet hates you Part 916: Internet forum sued by rifle company….

I would imagine in the boutique rifle community, suing someone puking up $8K for a rifle then getting a shooting apparatus they find not worth their hard earned ducats would be a slow suicide. Who knows……

The (IMO, excellent) snipershide.com forum, a member of that forum, and, I believe, the owner of the forum is being sued by tacticalrifles.net after a member of the forum showed an example of, some may say, poor workmanship for an $8K rifle. You be the judge…..

http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers...r-efforts.html

http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers...ifles-net.html

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...icizing-rifle/

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ve-forum-post/

Would your first amendment "right" be able to protect you here, or would it still be considered slanderous??

Edit; http://www.bbb.org/west-florida/busi...ls-fl-90035661
    Last edited by FLICK; February 21st, 2014 at 12:33 AM.
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

Default Re: The Internet hates you Part 916: Internet forum sued by rifle company….

SH is the most real forum I belong too...that site doesn't take BS like many, many forums.

I'm sending Frank some funds to help his attorney fees.

Smith did the same thing...they sued a private person on a public forum. It's funny how these are gun companies suing other gun owners.

If these companies would stand behind their products instead of getting butt hurt online...there wouldn't be a need to sue everyone.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: The Internet hates you Part 916: Internet forum sued by rifle company….

All I can say is wow. You pay someone for an 8k rifle it should be perfect and definitely not as marred up as that one. It looked like he bought a used gun.

Put out a shit product and their is a good chance someone is going to post about it on the net. There is even less excuse for a shit product when you are paying Rolls Royce prices for it. The guy has some legit complaints IMO.

I hope SH wins the suit. Not a member over there so keep us posted as to what the results are.

What B.S. Add tacticalrifles to the growing list of companies I won't buy from (not that I could afford their products anyway).

Every company is able to put out a lemon or something subpar once in awhile...and they can also come out on top and increase their reputation depending on how they handle the situation.

All the company in question had to do was offer to fix the rifle...everybody wins.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    All I can say is wow. You pay someone for an 8k rifle it should be perfect and definitely not as marred up as that one. It looked like he bought a used gun.
    If I'm spending anything over $1500 for a weapon, it better be absolutely perfect. I don't understand why you would pay that kind of money for a custom precision rifle from some nobody rifle outfit, when you could get one from GAP, a highly respected rifleworks, for about half.

(Allegheny County)

Wow! Let's donate to this guy's defense fund. I want to see this rifle hack company go down. You're buying a rifle that in the car world would be a optioned out Mercedes S-class - it better be the definition of perfect. Hactical Rifles should thank this guy for critique and maybe focus on fixing the flaws in they rifles.

But then again, the video could be staged for some reason, and it truly is slander...I guess we'll find out.

(Lackawanna County)

If they thought the bad press on the forums was bad for business wait til word of the lawsuit spreads.

(Jefferson County)

$8K for a Remington 700?

I don't know who is the bigger dumbass... ...the company for charging that much for a POS. Or the buyer for paying that much for a Remington 700 with a few add-ons.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    $8K for a Remington 700?

I don't know who is the bigger dumbass... ...the company for charging that much for a POS. Or the buyer for paying that much for a Remington 700 with a few add-ons.
    It wasn't 8k for just the rifle, there was a $2300 scope figured into that price also. Still expensive though and he had to pay another smith a bunch of money to make it right.

In case anyone wants to view it here is the video that I believe started the lawsuit. The man in the video is the gunsmith named in the lawsuit. The original owner of the rifle brought it to him to look over and see what he could do to fix it. He documented everything with this video.

Last edited by jerkin; February 21st, 2014 at 11:00 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast