Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Carbon County)

Default Act 235 question

I was looking for info on Act 235 and couldn't find an answer to this question: I understand Act 235 is required for armed guards etc, is it required just to CC or OC at work, or is prior approval from the property manager/owner sufficient? (including if you work at a gun shop)
    "Send lawyers, guns, and money; the shit has hit the fan." - Warren Zevon

(Chester County)

Default Re: Act 235 question

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuBarbeque View Post
    I was looking for info on Act 235 and couldn't find an answer to this question: I understand Act 235 is required for armed guards etc, is it required just to CC or OC at work, or is prior approval from the property manager/owner sufficient? (including if you work at a gun shop)
    As far as I know, and I'm no lawyer, an Act 235 is only required if carrying a firearm is a required part of your job.

Merely carrying your own firearm CC or OC for personal defense while on the job does not require an Act 235.

(Lehigh County)

Act 235 will not cover general oc/cc at work. If your employer allows that, you can carry on your LTCF. (example: you work at a gun shop and your employer lets you carry, whether oc or cc, this is covered under your LTCF)

The Act 235 will cover you if carrying a firearm is a requirement for your job (ie: armed guards, private police, etc...)

AG

(Philadelphia County)

If you have permission from the owner of said company you DO NOT need an LTCF or ACT235 to carry at work. OC or CC.

http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state...nsylvania.aspx

"No license is required to possess rifles and shotguns, or to possess handguns in one’s home or place of business."

Once again people are confusing their "special talisman", the LTCF, with their constitutional right to carry in one's home or place of business.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by lexluger View Post
    If you have permission from the owner of said company you DO NOT need an LTCF or ACT235 to carry at work. OC or CC.

http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state...nsylvania.aspx

"No license is required to possess rifles and shotguns, or to possess handguns in one’s home or place of business."

Once again people are confusing their "special talisman", the LTCF, with their constitutional right to carry in one's home or place of business.
    Hasn't that been interpreted in the past that it only applies to the owner of the business and not the employees?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Hasn't that been interpreted in the past that it only applies to the owner of the business and not the employees?
    I believe so.

What I was referring to in my post was an employee, not the owner of said business.

AG

I carry OC at work on a LTCF and the only grief i get is from philly cops. They say because i have AGENT markings on me i need a 235 sorry but thats not the way it works
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

I would say... since you have the permission of the shop owner, aren't you just a guest in the shop owners store, where he permits OC?

I am sure you don't need the 235 but i am also pretty sure the shop owner can't MAKE you carry as a condition of employment, then it would be 235 required. See what i mean? He is allowing you to carry, but not requiring you to carry or to protect the shop, just yourself.

IANAL, but i do have an opinion.