Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (McKean County)

Default Cranberry Township - Proposed new indoor shooting range / outdoor archery range ??

I hear on the radio today the tail end of a proposed indoor shooting / outdoor archery range. Heard something of it being considered by the Cranberry Township Council.

With Westinghouse now being here, and the new Penguins practice facility site work underway, it's continued good news for this area.

Anyone know or heard of anything more? Thanks Prof

(Butler County)

Default Re: Cranberry Township - Proposed new indoor shooting range / outdoor archery range ?

According to the Cranberry Eagle,approval was given and construction should begin in a month or two. Completion within a year. Developer states that this will be the biggest indoor range in the country,with 61 firing points. Plus indoor archery,retail and restaurant space.

http://www.thecranberryeagle.com/art...099812/-1/CRAN

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Cranberry Township - Proposed new indoor shooting range / outdoor archery range ?

As long as it's not being funded by Dick's, I approve.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Just heard that this project is dead because the backers pulled out and there's no money. Anyone else hear that? Seems odd that less than two months ago they got the green light from the township and were looking to break ground about now for an opening in a year, and now all of a sudden it's dead.

(Allegheny County)

I haven't heard anything about them back peddling, I hope its not true I was looking forward to checking it out. Only up to date info I could find has no record of construction going on...

LINK: http://www.cranberrytownship.org/index.aspx?NID=1580

http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

I'm not 100% sure where exactly the location was, but I was under the impression it was near the old auction barn, just north of Monte Cello's, from what someone said in one of the threads about this range. If it is supposed to be built north of the Monte Cello's, there is nothing noticeable going on there that I have seen.

I've made a point to take a look every time I drive by that area, and have not seen anything looking like construction starting as of yet.

ETA: The article linked in the Butler County thread states it was to be built by the fire station. I still haven't noticed anything. I'll dig around to see if I can find an exact location and swing by this evening on my way home maybe.
    Last edited by Mabuz; June 4th, 2014 at 10:45 AM.

(Butler County)

It's supposed to be in the parcel of land just south of Pindroh Auto Body. Nothing going on there yet. I live five minutes away and have been checking it out every time I drive past. Anxious to know if that rumor has any validity.

(Beaver County)

They are going to be breaking ground soon. Supposed to be a rather large facility 210,000 sqft. 60 lanes for pistol and 30 for archery

(Butler County)

I called Cranberry Township today and they recently approved a plan for a private party to put in a range on Perrysville Avenue, however there has been no sign yet that this plan will materialize. I cant imagine why someone with interest enough to go through as government approval process would scrap the plan since there isn't any place to shoot in this area that has openings.

I just moved here from Cheyenne, Wyoming, so you can imagine what a culture shock this is for me. Laramie County, where Cheyenne is located built a HUGE facility that's nicer than any I've ever seen and if you don't want to pay to shoot, there are many places where you can pull off the road and shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by DogBite View Post
    I called Cranberry Township today and they recently approved a plan for a private party to put in a range on Perrysville Avenue, however there has been no sign yet that this plan will materialize. I cant imagine why someone with interest enough to go through as government approval process would scrap the plan since there isn't any place to shoot in this area that has openings.

I just moved here from Cheyenne, Wyoming, so you can imagine what a culture shock this is for me. Laramie County, where Cheyenne is located built a HUGE facility that's nicer than any I've ever seen and if you don't want to pay to shoot, there are many places where you can pull off the road and shoot.
    Welcome to PA!

I heard (maybe here?) that there may have been issues with the people backing this project (those fronting the $$$). Didn't hear much more than that unfortunately. It's been pretty quiet regarding this range.

There are a few ranges around the area though if you want to join a club. Some cost more and have nicer amenities, some are cheaper and are just a nice place to go shoot...depends what you're looking for.

Also, if you plan to hunt, you can use your hunting license as a "range pass" to use the state ranges that are spread throughout PA. The closest one here is in Wexford I believe. I haven't been there since they passed the new "range pass" laws, but it used to be too busy with too many inexperienced and unsafe shooters, so I haven't been back. I've heard it's better now, but have yet to check it out.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast