Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default shooting glock 17 300 meters

Instructor Zero engages targets at 300 Meters with a Glock to demonstrate the effect bullets still have if you happen to miss your intended target.

Zero also demonstrates that with enough ammo and experience you can provide some suppressing fire with a secondary weapon at long range, if you are forced into that situation. This video is not saying that a hand gun should be used as a primary weapon to engage targets at range, but if you are desperate, this video proves that a pistol is not COMPLETELY useless.

Less than 40 rounds were fired to achieve 3 hits on a figure 11 target at 300 meters on a windy day. The entire shoot was completed in 1 hour and 30 minutes.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1de_1392414874

(Clearfield County)

Default Re: shooting glock 17 300 meters

Yeah, If the backstop is right for telling me where the bullets are landing I can hit pretty consistently at 100 with the glock (or the 22/45 for that matter). So I'm sure if someone was practiced and had a spotter they could do it at 3 fairly easily.

(Erie County)

Me and my shooting buds shoot just about every gun we own at 300 yards. If our local range was longer, we'd stretch it further. Is it practical? Who cares...it's fun!

A Glock 9mm is more than capable of hitting a torso sized target at 300 yards. Not with every round! Your percentages of hits will vary greatly depending on many things like wind, weather, lighting and how much coffee you drank before shooting. A 4" .357 makes it easier and a .38 snubby much harder but all are possible with practice. As for suppression fire, all but the crazy would be ducking.

No, it isn't easy but it's a fun challenge.

Btw, that range is a mess!
    Last edited by kpw; February 15th, 2014 at 09:54 AM. Reason: add

Heet,,,,Heet,,,,,Heet,,,,, LOL

Good shooting.

(Cumberland County)

I turned the video off once I saw Instructor Zero. I've seen him do stuff on Youtube before, all of it retarded. Mostly commando rolls and behind the back no look pistol shooting...

That being said I guess the concept is a very good point. Even 9mm rounds are moving plenty fast enough to do some damage 300 meters out and further.

Shooting pistols at range is a lot of fun. I have a few buddies that I shoot with who regularly shoot steel silhouettes in between 100 and 200 yards. I typically stay around 100, which really isn't hard at all with a full sized pistol you're comfortable with. Also I get really mad if I look bad at something, so I don't stretch my limits.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    Me and my shooting buds shoot just about every gun we own at 300 yards. If our local range was longer, we'd stretch it further. Is it practical? Who cares...it's fun!
    Just how high do you have to aim to get a handgun round to drop on target at 300 yards?

Do you use a spotter? Seems like it'd be tough to know where the rounds were going that weren't hitting.

Just curious!

(Bucks County)

I just keep lowering until the people in the houses beyond stop yelling.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by JB What's up View Post
    Just how high do you have to aim to get a handgun round to drop on target at 300 yards?

Do you use a spotter? Seems like it'd be tough to know where the rounds were going that weren't hitting.

Just curious!
    It depends on what your shooting. I've run some loads through Point Blank software to get a guesstimate and then we use a spotter. Cover the entire backstop with brown paper and post your target to that. For example, shooting an LCR, we were holding around 24-25 feet above the target. It's not as complicated as it sounds. Start at 100 and just keep moving back.