Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Austin Texas, Texas
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Does Luzerne County issue Non-Resident licenses?

    I am a Texas resident with a Texas CHL. Grew up in PA and visit a few times a year. I almost always bring firearms with me and carry due to Texas-PA reciprocity.

    Can anyone tell me if Luzerne County issues non-resident permits? Last trip to town I filled out the form, but never made it to the Courthouse. I'll be traveling there again in a few months though.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    City in, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    7,265
    Rep Power
    3575540

    Default Re: Does Luzerne County issue Non-Resident licenses?

    According to the instructions on their website, they do:

    LUZERNE COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT

    PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE FILLING OUT YOUR
    LICENSE TO CARRY FIREARMS APPLICATION

    1. APPLICANT MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE

    2. APPLICANT MUST APPLY IN PERSON: DO NOT SEND IT BY MAIL

    3. APPLICANT MUST HAVE IDENTIFICATION-----PA DRIVERS LICENSE OR PA ID CARD
    If You Are an Out-Of-State Applicant, You Must Provide Us:
    You’re License to Carry a Firearm for Your Home State
    And Your Home State Drivers License or Photo ID card

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Austin Texas, Texas
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Does Luzerne County issue Non-Resident licenses?

    Quote Originally Posted by ralewis View Post
    I am a Texas resident with a Texas CHL. Grew up in PA and visit a few times a year. I almost always bring firearms with me and carry due to Texas-PA reciprocity.

    Can anyone tell me if Luzerne County issues non-resident permits? Last trip to town I filled out the form, but never made it to the Courthouse. I'll be traveling there again in a few months though.
    I'll answer my own question…. I went to the Luzerne County Courthouse yesterday. Provided copies of my Texas Concealed Handgun License, drivers license, and $23. Walked out with a PA LTC. Aside from waiting for about 30 mins, it was pretty painless and easy.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    City in, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    7,265
    Rep Power
    3575540

    Default Re: Does Luzerne County issue Non-Resident licenses?

    Quote Originally Posted by ralewis View Post
    I'll answer my own question…. I went to the Luzerne County Courthouse yesterday. Provided copies of my Texas Concealed Handgun License, drivers license, and $23. Walked out with a PA LTC. Aside from waiting for about 30 mins, it was pretty painless and easy.
    $23???

    Cost of PA LTCF is $20, regardless if res or non res.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Austin Texas, Texas
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Does Luzerne County issue Non-Resident licenses?

    Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    $23???

    Cost of PA LTCF is $20, regardless if res or non res.
    A the Luzerne County Courthouse they have a small credit union office 30 feet from the office you get your LTC in. I didn't bring a money order (who uses money orders….), so I had to go to the credit union and pay $23 for the $20 money order...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Austin Texas, Texas
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Does Luzerne County issue Non-Resident licenses?

    Quote Originally Posted by ralewis View Post
    A the Luzerne County Courthouse they have a small credit union office 30 feet from the office you get your LTC in. I didn't bring a money order (who uses money orders….), so I had to go to the credit union and pay $23 for the $20 money order...
    One last comment… the License says:

    Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms -- not non-resident license or anything. My TX address is on there, but it looks like the same license my Dad has.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    City in, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    7,265
    Rep Power
    3575540

    Default Re: Does Luzerne County issue Non-Resident licenses?

    Quote Originally Posted by ralewis View Post
    One last comment… the License says:

    Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms -- not non-resident license or anything. My TX address is on there, but it looks like the same license my Dad has.
    Yes, no difference except the non-PA address. Cool!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    City in, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    7,265
    Rep Power
    3575540

    Default Re: Does Luzerne County issue Non-Resident licenses?

    Quote Originally Posted by ralewis View Post
    A the Luzerne County Courthouse they have a small credit union office 30 feet from the office you get your LTC in. I didn't bring a money order (who uses money orders….), so I had to go to the credit union and pay $23 for the $20 money order...
    OK, got it. I thought we were gonna have to "rally the troops" against the sheriff for charging $3.00 extra...LOL!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
    (Northampton County)
    Posts
    408
    Rep Power
    176829

    Default Re: Does Luzerne County issue Non-Resident licenses?

    Does anyone know if luzerne county still issues non resident ltcf's? And if so is it issued on the spot?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Brackney, Pennsylvania
    (Susquehanna County)
    Age
    34
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    92240

    Default Re: Does Luzerne County issue Non-Resident licenses?

    Yes, Lackawanna as well.
    Stay armed my friends.

Similar Threads

  1. Luzerne is non-resident friendly....
    By BravoCharlie in forum Luzerne
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 10th, 2013, 01:26 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: April 8th, 2013, 09:35 AM
  3. Article about Non-Resident Licenses
    By s&wpat in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 31st, 2010, 10:11 AM
  4. Replies: 32
    Last Post: July 13th, 2009, 11:17 PM
  5. Florida non resident gun licenses? york pa
    By glockman22 in forum General
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: March 4th, 2009, 11:20 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops