Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Which do you think is a better option?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glock 23

27 77.14%
  • Glock 27

8 22.86%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Glock 27 or Glock 23??

OK so I've decided to buy a .40. I decided that I will make this my carry gun for all year around. I have narrowed it down to either the G23 or G27, now I know if I pick the 27 all the other 40 mags will work which is nice but not that much of a deciding factor cause a G23 holds 13 rounds and can use the 15 rounders too. I've carried a Glock 19 in Florida in the summer IWB so I don't mind the extra size but I do like the idea of something a bit easier to carry in the G27.
    I've compared them to the M&P 40c and feel that the Glock is smaller in the G27 only giving up 1 round and not much bigger in the G23 with 3 more rounds. I don't like XDm's or anything that is single stack in .40 for recoil reasons, so the Glock line up seems to be the best choice and I'm most familiar with them.
    So what would your choice be and I would love to hear why as well...
    thanks
    PS- I'll be back in PA for good as of Tuesday

We are talking GEN3 only, I don't like the GEN4
    Last edited by *Klutch*; February 13th, 2014 at 02:23 PM.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Glock 27 or Glock 23??

No vote from me, its really a personal choice.

I would go and get a good feel on both.

Ive shot a 27 and it wasn't bad with the finger extension on the mag. The flush fit feels horrible to me. If you can live with your pinky hanging off then it might be for you.

I own a G23, I opted for the shorter grip (over a 22) for possibly the occasional carry but didn't want the even smaller 27 for reasons above. I wasn't looking for a main carry because I have a shield for that.

After shooting the 23, I feel that the 22 would have been a better choice for me personally. With my hands, my pinky hangs a little bit on the 23 and the edge lands between the finger groove and mag floor plate. After a bit of shooting it irritates my pinky. It gets a little better with a pearce finger extension but its still a funky feeling grip.

Since both guns are equal in width they will both be the same in comfort or lack there of with IWB carry, but can you conceal the extra grip length.

So those would be my two questions to myself is can I comfortably shoot the gun and which can I conceal the best.
    Last edited by waiting2burn; February 13th, 2014 at 02:46 PM.

(Montgomery County)

23, all the way. My hand does not like the baby glocks.

(Allegheny County)

i have the g23, g27 and the mp 40c. I do not like the g27 for shooting, nor do i like the grip length. 40sw is snappy for me and I don't feel comfortable with controlling it in a sd situation, it is great for carrying. The g23 is a much better option both feel wise and shooting but i hate carrying it. My personal carry is the mp 40c or the 9c, i have both and depending on which car i drive (i keep them in the glove box locked) i will be carrying the 9 or 40. Again, since i have carpel tunnel and some wrist issues subcompacts are squirrely for me, especially in 40.

(Montgomery County)

I voted for the 23. I've actually been CC'ing a G22 for the past few weeks with no issue. I'm working on getting a 19 or 23 though for carry, keeping the 22 as a home defense and target pistol. I also have one of the lone wolf barrels to convert the 22 into a 9mm. Works great.

(Lancaster County)

I voted G23 because that's what I've carried for years, year round.

Of course, I also have a G27 I intend to sell, so maybe that's some of the reason.

Regardless, I just shoot the larger guns better.

well I sold my XDs 45 cause I didn't like it so I am carrying my Sig MK25 which isn't terrible but isn't great, my only other option at this time is my CZ75B which I don't have a holster for. So I need a carry gun and could prolly go either one and be fine, just want some help make an informed decision on one and stick with it so I can train properly...
    I think the G27 would be better for carry and not bad for the range but the G23 would be better for training and slightly bigger for carry so it could be 6 of one and half a dozen of the other...

(Westmoreland County)

The Glock 19/23 has always been the perfect size pistol IMHO. It's just...right. I'm currently considering adding another Glock, a Gen4 Glock 19 but I have had an eye on the 23 as well.

My vote (and advice) would be the 23. I owned a 27 once and it just didn't balance well for me. I didn't care for it at all. It's just the all around gun. Great in a fight, at the range, or just on your hip.

I really wish more manufacturers picked up on this size. Seems a lot of something a little bigger and something a little smaller.

(Erie County)

I've shot both the 23 and 27. For me the 23 is more manageable than the 27 due to frame size. I think for concealment purposes a 23 is just fine. Ultimately you are the one who needs to decide though because after-all it you who will be using the firearm.
    Muzzel Down Range, Eyes On Target...

(Bucks County)

I bought my first (and only) Glock, a 3rd gen 23, at a gun show a couple of years ago. Excellent condition, made in 2004, Trijicon night sights still visible, for $350. Bought a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel for it and a few 9mm Glock 19 magazines for it. Turns out, the .40 mags feed 9mm fine, and 9mm will feed .40s!
    Obviously get the correct mags for carry, but on the range it's fine. I'm glad I got the 23, but have never fired another model, so I can't offer any comparison opinion.
    Last edited by Bang; February 13th, 2014 at 05:38 PM. Reason: sp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast