Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Exclamation Re: new resident to PA (German with green card)

thank you all for your support, help and guidance! really appreciate it, hopefully will get things started from here and have all things in place to be able to purchase and own legally in the USA! thanks again and god bless you all!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: new resident to PA (German with green card)

French Creek Outfitters, on Rt23 just west of town has a good selection of handguns for rent on their indoor range. There are several good gun clubs in the area which can provide places to shoot, classes and training and lots of like-minded people.
    Two that come to mind are:
    Kimerton Fish and Game
    Lower Providence Rod and Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    Thanks for the good info.

Good luck, explaining it to the random FFL, who think they know the law better than you do.

I'm a green card holder and I purchased few guns last year. Every time I was requested to produce proof of residency. I guess for few more years we'll need to have a copy of the law on hand and that damn proof of residency just in case, until all the stubborn old fart FFLs will get the memo.
    Drivers License and Green card is all I've ever been asked to provide at any of the shops around here

(Chester County)

wanted to thank you all again for your help, info and guidance, made my decision and moving forward with a firearms trust. makes most sense. fingers crossed and hope to finalize paperwork within few months.
    talk soon

(Chester County)

Question Re: new resident to PA (German with green card)

Hello everyone, after now having my NFA (Firearms) Trust setup and legally written and finished up, are my questions:

does anyone know shops/ dealers and etc in the Phoenixville, 19460 area who are able to fill out/ know how to fill out FORM 1 or FORM 4 using the trust?
    I should take a copy of the executed trust to the dealer/ shop and they will complete the FORM 4 for the SBR and FORM 4 for Suppressor for submission to ATF, and making sure use a dealer/ shop who can E-FILE the forms for times savings!

since i am new to all this wanted to get your feedback, where which dealer/ shop you guys recommend can help me get the SBR and/ or Suppressor with the trust I have created.

thank you all for your help in advance and appreciate your guidance

(Montgomery County)

Try King Shooter Supply in King of Prussia.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by rocafella1978 View Post
    Hello everyone, after now having my NFA (Firearms) Trust setup and legally written and finished up, are my questions:

does anyone know shops/ dealers and etc in the Phoenixville, 19460 area who are able to fill out/ know how to fill out FORM 1 or FORM 4 using the trust?
    I should take a copy of the executed trust to the dealer/ shop and they will complete the FORM 4 for the SBR and FORM 4 for Suppressor for submission to ATF, and making sure use a dealer/ shop who can E-FILE the forms for times savings!

since i am new to all this wanted to get your feedback, where which dealer/ shop you guys recommend can help me get the SBR and/ or Suppressor with the trust I have created.

thank you all for your help in advance and appreciate your guidance
    You can fill it out yourself. If you want a Form 1, fill it out and send it to ATF. No need for a dealer.

Most people buy silencers from dealers on Form 4 because most people don't buy used silencers. But you can buy a silencer from your next door neighbor.

The only reason you need an FFL is if you are buying from an FFL or buying from out of state. FFLs are usually required under federal law for buying guns, etc. over state lines. In PA FFLs are usually required to buy or transfer handguns or short weapons (not between you and your wife or you and your kids).

You never "need" an FFL to fill out a Form 1 or Form 4.

If you want to buy from an FFL that sells NFA directly to you then that is a different question and you are looking for NFA dealers.

EDIT: Oh, I see you want to e-file. I think you should just be asking about dealers that e-file rather than asking about dealers that know how to fill out forms (which doesn't help).

E-File was shut down, it's over. At least for now. Check the NFA section of the forum for better info.
    Last edited by ungawa; April 12th, 2014 at 06:30 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Living in Phoenixville, I am sure you have been to French Creek Outfitters. They have one of the largest selections of firearms on display in this area. Very easy to work with. Just bought a shotgun there and I was very pleased with the process. Could not believe they charged just $5 for PICS(or was it NICS, who knows). We'll love to hear stories about guns and gun ownership in Germany too. Who can own what? We don't have very many German guns here.
    Last edited by ForeverPA; April 12th, 2014 at 09:58 PM.

(Chester County)

Question Re: new resident to PA (German with green card)

hi all, thank you all for your answers and guidance. my main question to be honest, is if the shops are able to work with one in regards to the NFA (Firearms) Trust process, and how they can help one, especially me being new to all this in the process in purchasing handguns, rifles, SBR and suppressor. just to know exactly what to do and how to do and how to accomplish it.

as for Germany, unfortunately our rules are very strict in regards to getting approval to purchase, ownership, storage and etc. will write tomorrow in detail.

many thanks again to all!

also is there any custom ordering place? where i can place order for specific parts, accessories, upgrades and etc. to have it put together by the parts I would like? are there such shops? especially when it comes to parts which might require tools that I don't have/ don't want to purchase and etc.
    example: would like to have Noveske barrel and different upper, different lower and etc.

(Delaware County)

Living in Chester County you really didn't need a trust as your sheriff is very 2A friendly, but I'm sure you had other reasons. You do not have to use it for the NFA toys.

Concerning NFA items,,,, Do your research and make up your mind what manufacturer you want for your suppressor. Try and find a dealer with one in stock. This will eliminate months from the 9 to 10 month process. You'll go to their shop and pay your money and come back to pick it up AFTER you get the stamp next year. The same applies to the SBR, should you chose to go that route.

There are several dealers in area,,,,, Dennis Todd in Springfield, in Upper Darby there is one on West Chester Pike, as mentioned King's in KoP to start with. Good Luck
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast