Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default KANSAS INTELLIGENCE FUSION CENTER LESSONS LEARNED: WESTGATE MALL ATTACK

On Saturday, September 21, 2013, members of Al Shabaab, a Somali based Islamic terrorist organization affiliated with the international Al Qaeda network, executed a complex terrorist attack on an upscale shopping mall in Nairobi, Kenya. The attackers simultaneously entered the mall from two different entrances, shooting shoppers with assault rifles and throwing hand grenades. The terrorists remained in the mall, engaging government security forces for the next four days, resulting in a major fire and partial collapse of the mall. The Kenyan government has officially reported 72 deaths and more than 200 injured as a result of the attack. A significant number of those killed and injured were foreign citizens, including 6 U.S. citizens who were injured in the attack.

This product is intended to provide an overview of the attack and its aftermath for government leaders, law enforcement officers, emergency responders and private sector partners who operate public venues, including shopping malls so that they can review their facilities, security measures and plans in the face of the tactics used by Al Shabaab.

Summary of Lessons Learned

The level of planning and the magnitude of the attack indicate that Al Qaeda in general and Al Shabaab in particular remain a serious threat.

The fact that all the preparation for this attack, from gathering intelligence on the target, to training, equipping and moving the terrorists to their target, was done in secrecy demonstrates a sophisticated knowledge of operational security and communication security measures.

Active shooter scenarios continue to be a viable threat to public venues and need to be ad-dressed by both law enforcement agencies and private security.

The attack may have been carried out by as few as four terrorists, despite early reports that ten to fifteen attackers took part.

During an attack of this type, there is no intent by the attackers to take hostages or negotiate with law enforcement. The longer the attackers remain operational, the more victims will be killed or injured in the attack.

Rapid initial response by available law enforcement and security forces, even if disorganized, saves lives during the initial phase of an active shooter attack.

http://info.publicintelligence.net/K...gateAttack.pdf
    PDF DOWNLOAD LINK
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Berks County)

Default Re: KANSAS INTELLIGENCE FUSION CENTER LESSONS LEARNED: WESTGATE MALL ATTACK

Kansas has a intelligence fusion center?

(York County)

Default Re: KANSAS INTELLIGENCE FUSION CENTER LESSONS LEARNED: WESTGATE MALL ATTACK

Quote Originally Posted by d4xycrq View Post

No. There are many. One is in Kansas...

http://www.dhs.gov/fusion-center-loc...ct-information

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fusion_center
    A fusion center is an information sharing center, many of which were jointly created between 2003 and 2007 under the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Office of Justice Programs in the U.S. Department of Justice.

They are designed to promote information sharing at the federal level between agencies such as the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. military, and state- and local-level government. As of July 2009, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security recognized at least 72 fusion centers. Fusion centers may also be affiliated with an Emergency Operations Center that responds in the event of a disaster.

The fusion process is an overarching method of managing the flow of information and intelligence across levels and sectors of government to integrate information for analysis.[1] That is, the process relies on the active involvement of state, local, tribal, and federal law enforcement agencies—and sometimes on non-law enforcement agencies (e.g., private sector)—to provide the input of raw information for intelligence analysis. As the array of diverse information sources increases, there will be more accurate and robust analysis that can be disseminated as intelligence.

A two-year senate investigation found that "the fusion centers often produced irrelevant, useless or inappropriate intelligence reporting to DHS, and many produced no intelligence reporting whatsoever."[2][3] The report also said that in some cases the fusion centers violated civil liberties or privacy.[4]
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Chester County)

There's one in Harrisburg and Trenton and they listen to and record every phone call you make and read and record every word you write here. It's for your own safety that they do this. Tyranny has arrived safe and sound.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    There's one in Harrisburg and Trenton and they listen to and record every phone call you make and read and record every word you write here. It's for your own safety that they do this. Tyranny has arrived safe and sound.
    Cool more "official type" people reading this

Just for them!

{I'd like to send this special shout out}

Fuck the "jackboot" police

Fuck the F.B.I.

Fuck the D.E.A.

Fuck the C.I.A.

Fuck the A.T.F.

Fuck the D.H.S.

Fuck Gore "and his global warming"

Fuck Clinton "both of them"

Fuck Bush "and the patriot act"

Cheney gets a pass he done shot somebody

Fuck Biden "and his shotgun"

Fuck Obama "and his pen and phone and the NDAA"

Fuck Holder

Fuck Clapper

Fuck Lerner

This is Ice-T and REPO, we're outta here, told you, you should've killed us last year!

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Talking Re: KANSAS INTELLIGENCE FUSION CENTER LESSONS LEARNED: WESTGATE MALL ATTACK

Guess the only word you know is *uck?

*uck in its literal meaning refers to the act of sexual intercourse. It is an English word that is almost universally considered vulgar. It is generally used as a profanity, either to denote disdain or as an intensifier. The origin of the word is obscure. It is usually considered to be first attested to around 1475, but it may be considerably older. In modern usage, *uck and its derivatives (such as *ucker and *ucking) can be used in the position of a noun, a verb, an adjective or an adverb. There are many common phrases which make use of the word, as well as a number of compounds incorporating it, such as mother*ucker.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age2075491/pg1