Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Split 10 pack of lowers? ($50 each)

PSA is running their 10 pack of blemish lowers for $500 shipped.
    Anyone in the Harrisburg/colonial Park area want to split a 10 pack with me? They're so tempting at 10 for $500. But, I just can't rationalize that many.
    I order them from psa, $250 for 5 each, we both do background on our own 5 lowers at ffl ($25) so we're both out the door at $275.
    I think that keeps everything kosher. Will double check with ffl before ordering though. Just seeing if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by Bluegrass00; February 10th, 2014 at 11:25 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Split 10 pack of lowers? ($50 each)

Not sure but I believe most if not all FFL's will charge per firearm so you will likely have transfer fee x 10.
    I use someone who will give a nice discount on multiple transactions at the same time but I still pay a fee for each firearm
    When unholstering your sidearm it is customary to say: "Excuse me while i whip this out"

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by bpgood1 View Post
    Not sure but I believe most if not all FFL's will charge per firearm so you will likely have transfer fee x 10.
    I use someone who will give a nice discount on multiple transactions at the same time but I still pay a fee for each firearm
    The FFL gets charged one fee for the call, regardless of the number of firearms purchased. Any FFL that charges multiple fees, even at a "discount" is one I will not return to.
    I am buying multiple guns, saving them the aggravation of showing those same guns to multiple potential buyers and they thank me by jacking fees on top of my purchases?
    No thanks.

Sorry to hijack your thread OP, I just hate the acceptance of paying multiple fees for a single transaction.

(Dauphin County)

Yeah. Should be straight $25 FFL like I said.

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrass00 View Post
    Yeah. Should be straight $25 FFL like I said.
    You really need to double check on that. Even before factoring in labor and other overheads of running a business, the cost to him is $2 for PICS and $3 per firearm for UFA transfer surcharge. So he would have to pass onto the state $17 for the 5 receivers you are transferring, even with just one call to the PICS. He is not making any profit on the receivers, obviously, leaving him with $8 of revenue for his trouble. I don't know how many FFLs would be able to stay in business this way....

I believe up to 5-10 firearms can go on one 4473 so there isnt realy that much more paperwork and you should recieve a "bulk discount" but not many in the area discount much. there are ffl's in other states that charge $10 per 4473 but they dont have to send $3 per firearm to the state either. besides transfers are the easiest money a shop can make

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bpgood1 View Post
    Misczak's Hunting Supplies is in your area. 1 fee per call regardless of how many items. $20 last time I ordered a couple mosins online

I'd be interested in one or maybe even two, but not five. Have you considered pursuing a 10 way split? For that price I would think it wouldn't be a challenge to find 9 other locals to get in on this.

(Bucks County)

Form 4473, question # 30 has five lines for listing the firearms being transferred.
    Instructions for question 30 states if there are more than five firearms, list them on a separate paper and attach to the Form 4473.

(Bucks County)

I'd be interested in 1 or 2 depending on the blemish. Let me know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast