Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Give me practical advice.

I sent a guy several thousands of dollars to build a semi custom rifle for me. He quoted me a time period, and now he's overdue by three months. Now, some might say in the gunsmithing world, that is not that long. But, now the guy does not return my calls or my e-mails. I believe he is reputable, and still in business, but man, just keep me posted on the progress, or even the lack thereof. Not keeping me posted in really chafing my butt.

How would you handle this. I would like to just forget about it, until they show up, but three months overdue???

(Pike County)

Default Re: Give me practical advice.

If he is that overdue and is non-responsive, I don't think I would be happy, and would be starting to think legal. Overdue can happen, but there is no excuse for no contact, unless the guy is dead/in hospital. I hope that this is not a basement guy, but a real shop.

(Centre County)

Send a letter, delivery confirmation and return receipt, that way you will know that someone there got it and they have to sign the return receipt. That way you have more ammo if it comes to legal proceedings.

Outline in your letter what you told us, just keep me informed. Now that it is 3 months overdue I would request a minimum of weekly updates, a quick call or even a postcard would do to keep you updated. After spending thousands for something you can and should request periodic updates.

Just my thoughts.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Chester County)

Who and where are they from?? lets us know please so we do not get involved with said person or maybe someone here knows something about said individual to help you out.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

Yeah you should give us more info on the guy or company, maybe we can dig something up. I would in your case take action immediately, contact a lawyer see how it can be handled or do some research your self. That's no way to treat a customer period. Maybe it will put a spark up his butt and will respond. How did you pay him?
    All your .223 are belong to me!

I hope also that you weren't ripped off. I agree that you might should post up who this person is, not so other people can give him heck or whatever. I might help that we could tell you if we know if this guy is legitimate or if we've heard of him or not. Just realize that even people that were "legit" always don't end up that way. Did you read the article that I had on LTM refinishing? That gentlemen was contracted by GA Precision, which is a big name in the custom rifle field. This guy messed everybody around. From all the things that I have heard about people that got messed around, you should not wait too long. Many times the people end up just running off with your money, or selling off your equipment out the back with you still waiting to get that equipment, etc. The person not being in contact is what would make me nervous. I would also be considering legal action and tracking this guy down if I was you. Best of luck to you.

I feel like this guy will come through, I am just really frustrated with him right now. I don't really want to go public with his name, yet. I have heard that he is getting some work out, but that he is still a couple of months behind. If this is correct, I'm still a few more month away from getting my gun.

If I do not have it in six weeks, I will let you know and I will take some action. I actually have a few friends in the Department of Justice in his town and they should be able to help guide me in the right direction and put me in touch with the correct people in local law enforcement. I will tell you that this guy is not on the east coast.

I guess tonight I really just needed to vent more than anything. If I thought he was a rip off artist, or posed a risk to board members, I would let you know asap. But, right now, I just needed to type out my frustrations and share my thoughts with some like minded people. I will keep you posted on how it shakes out.

Auggie.

(Chester County)

Ok cool, I understand you position just keep us updated.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(York County)

Sounds to me like this guy needs his chain jerked a little. Send a certified letter and get a receipt for it, and have the letter say that your upset about the lack of contact, and that you will soon feel the need to seek leagal action if you either don't here from him in X number of days, get your money back or your firearm delivered.

Hope it all works out for you dude.

Dave
    3%

(Allegheny County)

Were your original communications/negotiation with this guy via email? In other words do you have him stating in writing the delivery date? If so, then he is in breach of contract and it's actionable - IANAL.
    Toujours prêt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast