Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Smile Sooo, how many people would keep the gun and not say anything about it

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/...-purchase.html
    Westerville Man Finds Loaded Gun In Package After Ordering Shoes On Ebay

WESTERVILLE, Ohio - Westerville resident Mike Sawicki was looking for a deal and hit the internet for new winter boots.

On Ebay, Sawicki found the perfect pair, for the right price.

“Yes, it was a good deal. Like 50 percent off,” Sawicki said.

Like most smart Ebay customers, Sawicki said he did his homework. Before placing the bid Sawicki checked the sellers rating which was a solid 100 percent.

“Nothing that seemed suspicious at all,” he said.

Sawicki won the bid and his shoes arrived two days later, along with something else that he didn't expect.

“I opened the box and everything looked great. I took the boots out and they looked really nice. I went to put the box away, and I noticed something was still in it and I looked at the bottom and said that looks like a gun,” Sawicki told 10TV’s Karina Nova.

The gun was a .38 caliber hand gun delivered by the U.S. Postal Service.

But that's not all, the gun was fully loaded and had the safety off.

At that point, Sawicki said he decided to call the police.

“They were just as shocked as I was, they said this doesn't happen very often,” he said.

Columbus police now have the gun. They say they'll make sure it's not stolen and do a background check on the seller. Then police say they’ll contact the seller to find out why it was sent.

Sawicki has his own theory - “I think it's just an accident, he had his gun stashed in his boots or something like that.”

Whatever the reason, he says he wants to know for sure, how his warm winter boots arrived with a loaded gun.

“It’s a little scary it made it all the way from Florida loaded, with the safety off. I think everyone's lucky nothing terrible happened.”

EBay gave 10TV the following statement, "eBay does not allow firearms in any capacity on our site, and we’re taking this report very seriously. We’re currently working with local law enforcement to investigate this highly unusual situation, which was first brought to our attention today by 10TV News. Of course, we will take appropriate action based on the outcome of the investigation and will continue to follow the direction of our law enforcement partners."

(Berks County)

Default Re: Sooo, how many people would keep the gun and not say anything about it

Hell, I would be afraid to put my fingerprints on it...

No keep for me.

Default Re: Sooo, how many people would keep the gun and not say anything about it

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/...-purchase.html
    Westerville Man Finds Loaded Gun In Package After Ordering Shoes On Ebay

WESTERVILLE, Ohio - Westerville resident Mike Sawicki was looking for a deal and hit the internet for new winter boots.

On Ebay, Sawicki found the perfect pair, for the right price.

“Yes, it was a good deal. Like 50 percent off,” Sawicki said.

Like most smart Ebay customers, Sawicki said he did his homework. Before placing the bid Sawicki checked the sellers rating which was a solid 100 percent.

“Nothing that seemed suspicious at all,” he said.

Sawicki won the bid and his shoes arrived two days later, along with something else that he didn't expect.

“I opened the box and everything looked great. I took the boots out and they looked really nice. I went to put the box away, and I noticed something was still in it and I looked at the bottom and said that looks like a gun,” Sawicki told 10TV’s Karina Nova.

The gun was a .38 caliber hand gun delivered by the U.S. Postal Service.

But that's not all, the gun was fully loaded and had the safety off.

At that point, Sawicki said he decided to call the police.

“They were just as shocked as I was, they said this doesn't happen very often,” he said.

Columbus police now have the gun. They say they'll make sure it's not stolen and do a background check on the seller. Then police say they’ll contact the seller to find out why it was sent.

Sawicki has his own theory - “I think it's just an accident, he had his gun stashed in his boots or something like that.”

Whatever the reason, he says he wants to know for sure, how his warm winter boots arrived with a loaded gun.

“It’s a little scary it made it all the way from Florida loaded, with the safety off. I think everyone's lucky nothing terrible happened.”

EBay gave 10TV the following statement, "eBay does not allow firearms in any capacity on our site, and we’re taking this report very seriously. We’re currently working with local law enforcement to investigate this highly unusual situation, which was first brought to our attention today by 10TV News. Of course, we will take appropriate action based on the outcome of the investigation and will continue to follow the direction of our law enforcement partners."
    The new pussy word of today, SCARY! It was scary. The snow was scary. The gun is scary. The car was scary. It's scary out there. Scary, scary, scary....why is this new word applied to anything out of the normal.

And second, how many .38 caliber handguns have a safety on them? Who makes a .38 caliber handgun with a safety?

CL

(Clearfield County)

A .38 with the safety off eh? Wonder how many cop killer bullets were in the 30 caliber clip.

(Bucks County)

1911's came in .38Super, but yeah, when I heard .38, I pictured a revolver.

(Westmoreland County)

They could have meant .380. Some of the newer S&W's .38's have a lock, possibly confused as a safety.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Check the link (I didn't before, I just figured the chances of it being a super were pretty slim)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    I also thought about the 38 super but most of those are race guns. With that being the case, I imagine a full size 1911 in 38super finding it's way into a pair of winter boots in the manner described in the article. Now, a small revolver, absolutely but not a 38super.

Not saying it couldn't happen but the odds are pretty slim.

CL

(Allegheny County)

While I would not be "scared" I would be concerned if I bought some boots and a firearm was in the box. I'm guessing "safety" was in error for a .38 or it was really a .380.

Just the fact that it was shipped USPS without a FFL is a crime. Who knows why it was there if it was an accident or someone was trying to get rid of it.

I would not touch it either. I'd just take my boots out and put it in the box and let the police handle it.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast