Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default School officials and no gun signs

Reprinted from today's Patriot Post:

It's come to this: "One of my biggest concerns as a principal is safety and security," said one Chicago school principal. "It is bothersome to have to post a sticker of a gun that says, ‘Hey, folks, leave your guns at home.'" That's right, this principal is complaining about even a picture of a gun. A new Illinois state law requires posting 4-by-6-inch stickers at building entrances where carrying a gun is forbidden. "I would have appreciated something more subtle, yet still recognizable -- a logo, perhaps, not a gun," the principal added. "You can't look at this [sticker] and not think about Sandy Hook." Indeed, Sandy Hook was also a so-called "gun-free zone." (end of reprint)

Amazing. Even a picture of a gun is an assault on the senses. Even when it is supposed to prevent another Sandy Hook, which this principal doesn't even get.
    Education is a wonderful thing.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: School officials and no gun signs

Dee da dee.... what a tool. People forget they wouldn't have a 1st if they didn't have a 2nd. Not only are firearms not permitted but now pics will be also. That's as bad as the kid that got expelled for "shooting his finger gun" at school. Education not prohibition is the key.

(Bucks County)

Wanted: LOGO design, meaning no guns allowed, that does not depict the gun being disallowed.

Maybe "Wanted" is not the proper title. Maybe it should be "Challenge".

As for education being the answer....it sure doesn't look like it.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Wanted: LOGO design, meaning no guns allowed, that does not depict the gun being disallowed.
    I can think of some, but they are too tasteless to describe.

(Lackawanna County)

-----*-----

We could use this, but then the administrators wouldn't be allowed in...
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Bucks County)

no no no...schools have stopped using red when marking papers, so I don't think they would want the red asterisk either.

Yeah, had thought of a bullet in flight with a red diagonal stripe, but there's that red thing... thought about black silhouette, but that would run the risk of...

(Berks County)

what reminds me of sandy hook is every time a see a "gun free school zone" sign....that's what they should ban

(Adams County)

I'm offended that people like this are put in a position to teach today's youth. Can we have her and her ilk banned? I think it sends the wrong message. It suggests that idiocy of this caliber was acceptable in schools in the past.

(Butler County)

Even though the liberals went for the jugular using Sandy Hook and other recent atrocities as a springboard, they simply didn't come close to their intended target.

My take is that the whole gun-control gameboard is in semi-deadlock. It's not getting that much worse and it's not getting that much better. However, liberals seem to have this knack for shooting themselves in the foot if you give them the ammunition to do it with. You can't play an agressive game with them, because their very nature dictates that they play the passive agressive and make it look like YOU'RE the one who needs to be controlled....that YOU'RE the threat. They present things in a deliberately complicated way on purpose, and then challenge you to ponder a solution while they return fire with more smoke and mirrors, attacking your credibility as you try to untangle the imposible ball of yarn, and this has been proven throughout history. That's why liberals try to erase history. Karma dictates that eventually they will become entangled in their own trap. The gun-control deadlock is something that has to play itself out over a long period. As long as people like US realize this, I think that the liberals will gradually lose credibility and end up shooting themselves somewhere more vital than just a foot. It just takes time. This deadlock is natural and is simply based on man's duality, and it has to play out slowly and naturally...like a chess game.
    Last edited by FJW; February 6th, 2014 at 05:56 PM.

(Bucks County)

Only thing wrong with that "chess Game" theory is...they cheat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast