Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Gunn Shops in / around Luzerne Cty.

Quote Originally Posted by ktl5005 View Post
    Advance Arms. Bought my Stag Arms AR-15, S&W M&P 9mm and Springfield XDm .40 compact from there. Also got a Springfield 1911 transfered there. Next on my list to buy from there is a Walther P22 and Remmington 870. Best place around and they sell their items at close to cost, hardly mark up at all. Love that place.
    ktl, I see you're in the market for a P22...beautiful gun, as I HAD one myself...loved everything about it except she was EXTREMELY finicky on ammo. I wasn't quite sure if you knew about that or not...just figure Id let ya know. They may have resolved that issue by now, as this was 3 years ago...I sold mine and bought a Ruger SR22...everything the walther was and then some! Eats all kinds of ammo with NO hiccups....just making you aware.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelfisher View Post
    Ed, advanced arms is a nice place, and Chris and Mary are well informed and very friendly and helpful, but not too much in the way of selection other than class 3 arms and glocks.
    Have to disagree with you on your statement. I've purchased everything from Ar's,and O/U shotguns to pistols and revolvers from them in the past year and not a Glock in the bunch. I find their selection to be quite broad and if you don't see what your looking for, ask. They will find what you want and usually have it in a day or two, just don't ask for a Taurus or Hi point.

(Lackawanna County)

I was going to say if you don't think advanced arms has a great selection. I'd love to know where you shop because I want to too

(Luzerne County)

Like I said...Im not taking anything away from them, and, of course, any gun shop can order you what you would like in under a few days...im talking about a browsing selection. I f you want to see (i.e. see, touch, feel, test) a gun to actually physically hold it, they typically don't carry AS much of a selection as Piestrak's or Hunters Gallery. No need to attack here guys...Im just stating my observations....and like I said, they are truly great people and a great shop....

(Lackawanna County)

Oh i wasn't attacking i was genuinely curious. Come up my way and I'll understand why i stop.at advanced every chance I'm down that way

(Luzerne County)

My apologies then! All area gunships can't have everything so its nice to have a little variety at every shop.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Venturerider View Post
    Have to disagree with you on your statement. I've purchased everything from Ar's,and O/U shotguns to pistols and revolvers from them in the past year and not a Glock in the bunch. I find their selection to be quite broad and if you don't see what your looking for, ask. They will find what you want and usually have it in a day or two, just don't ask for a Taurus or Hi point.
    I do not know when you were at Advanced Arms, but they have a decent stock on hand. I will add that after Newtown, their cases were as bare as Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard. However, that was the case everywhere you went. Their in store stock as rebounded.

They are also very good about getting the firearm you want...and quickly. I was interested in an North American Arms Wasp...not exactly a gun that is in cases in a LGS. Chris checked his distributors on his computer, told me it would be in his shop in three days. It was there in two.

I can't say enough good about Chris and Mary / Advanced Arms. I know many swear by their LGS, but AA earns my repeat business with their customer service, prices, and, yes, selection/willingness to get what I want.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    I do not know when you were at Advanced Arms, but they have a decent stock on hand. I will add that after Newtown, their cases were as bare as Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard. However, that was the case everywhere you went. Their in store stock as rebounded.

They are also very good about getting the firearm you want...and quickly. I was interested in an North American Arms Wasp...not exactly a gun that is in cases in a LGS. Chris checked his distributors on his computer, told me it would be in his shop in three days. It was there in two.

I can't say enough good about Chris and Mary / Advanced Arms. I know many swear by their LGS, but AA earns my repeat business with their customer service, prices, and, yes, selection/willingness to get what I want.
    I'm there most Friday nights and have to pass hunters gallery to do it. To the other poster, if your looking for long guns then HG is the place to go to look. I do, then I order cheaper from AA. Hand guns at HG are almost non-existent, their display would not fill one case at AA. I'm waiting for spring and a nice ride on the bike to Tanner's. From all that I've seen and heard they will blow our local shops away.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelfisher View Post
    ktl, I see you're in the market for a P22...beautiful gun, as I HAD one myself...loved everything about it except she was EXTREMELY finicky on ammo. I wasn't quite sure if you knew about that or not...just figure Id let ya know. They may have resolved that issue by now, as this was 3 years ago...I sold mine and bought a Ruger SR22...everything the walther was and then some! Eats all kinds of ammo with NO hiccups....just making you aware.
    So I have heard before also. BUT the Walther felt the best in my hand compared to the Ruger.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by ktl5005 View Post
    So I have heard before also. BUT the Walther felt the best in my hand compared to the Ruger.
    I bought my wife a Walther P22 a few years ago. Last Christmas, I bought her an SR22. Once she shot the Ruger, she said she'd never shoot the Walther again. I sold the Walther to a co-worker.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast