Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default So....is this anyone here ?? Man threatens neighbor over parking

m.delcotimes.com/delcotimes/db_280344/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=Yx0KhJn2

Upper Darby man charged with threatening neighbor over parking
    UPPER DARBY - A 50-year-old Millbank Road man who has a permit to carry a concealed weapon is behind bars after threatening to kill his neighbor for parking too close to his mother's car, police said.

Gordon R. Griffith, who has been described by police as "unstable," allegedly placed a call to 911 at about 7 p.m. Monday concerning his neighbor's blue sedan that was parked too close to his mother's car. Griffith, according to police, told the dispatcher that if his neighbor parked like that again he would kill her. He also allegedly threatened to kill the neighbor if she called police.

"The guy has no criminal record, but apparently he's not dealing with a straight deck," Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said on Tuesday morning.

Griffith, who lives in the 500 block of Millbank Road, called 911 to say that his neighbor had parked in a fire zone and was boxing in his mother's car. The call to the Emergency Dispatch Center was documented, as are all 911 calls.

When Officer William Gottsch got to Griffith's home, he saw a sign posted on the house with a picture of a handgun and the words, "We don't call 911."

"He has a weapons permit, a valid concealed-weapons permit," Chitwood said.

Griffith allegedly walked outside, with a .40-caliber handgun holstered on his hip, and told the officer he was tired of leaving notes on his neighbor's car warning her not to park so close to his mother's car.

According to authorities, Griffith has no prior criminal record, but has had contact with police on prior occasions, mainly about parking issues.

Griffith allegedly warned the officer that if police didn't handle the parking issue, he would.

Police obtained an arrest warrant for Griffith. He was picked up Tuesday morning.

Magisterial District Judge Robert Radano arraigned Griffith on the terrorist threats charge. Bail was set at 10 percent of $20,000 and Griffith was sent out to the county jail.

As a condition of bail, Griffith was ordered to surrender his weapons - three handguns and two rifles, according to Chitwood - and stay away from his neighbor. He was also ordered to undergo a psychological evaluation.

"I'm moving to revoke his permit," Chitwood said. "This guy shouldn't have any guns."

Griffith is tentatively scheduled to appear for a preliminary hearing in Upper Darby District Court on Feb. 10.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: So....is this anyone here ?? Man threatens neighbor over parking

I know guys just like him. Every neighborhood usually has one. Guns or no guns they're a pain in the ass. I wonder if the neighbor was or wasn't parked illegally though?

Having spent time in the area an seeing all types of park jobs it would not surprise me. My mom who lives in Upper Darby has a fire zone in front of her house which is basically a white box with a white × in it and a sign that says " no parking fine zone" on something to that effect. People always park there.
    Last edited by internet troll; February 5th, 2014 at 11:36 AM.

(Bucks County)

There are better ways to handle A-hole parkers. When I was renting a townhouse 20 years ago there was this dick with a POS Taurus station wagon who couldn't seem to park between the lines. Most of the time his tires were on them. If you were ever parked next to him, you'd always have new dings magically appear. It was kind if funny that the parking spot on his close side was always vacant.

Well I had picked up a 1970 Delta 88 for $200 just to get me through the winter. One day my buddy was all pissed off and said that the Taurus dick had struck again. I had to go out and run some errands and when I got back, guess which spot was open? I've never opened a door harder in my life. I gave it everything I had. I'm not sure it still qualified as a ding cause his door was caved in about 4 inches.

Magically, his POS was perfectly centered in the parking spot every time I saw it. Didn't seem to be much of an issue after that.

(Philadelphia County)

This character sounds likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Having spent time in the area an seeing all types of park jobs it would not surprise me. My mom who lives in Upper Darby has a fire zone in front of her house which is basically a white box with a white × in it and a sign that says " no parking fine zone" on something to that effect. People always park there.
    For the most part the UDPD doesn't bother with neighborhood parking unless someone complains, they realize there just isn't enough parking spaces for the amount of people that live in the row home areas. I heard that from a UDPD officer a few years ago.

FWIW I put the guy in the OP article into a Facebook search and came up with one name that fits, area and age wise. I have one friend in common and it's not someone I know because of firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    For the most part the UDPD doesn't bother with neighborhood parking unless someone complains, they realize there just isn't enough parking spaces for the amount of people that live in the row home areas. I heard that from a UDPD officer a few years ago.

FWIW I put the guy in the OP article into a Facebook search and came up with one name that fits, area and age wise. I have one friend in common and it's not someone I know because of firearms.
    I never complained nor did my mom. Like you said, not much parking and never really a big deal.

(Chester County)

Yea I work in Upper Darby unfortunately and the parking I see here is insane. Not to mention the driving. People here don't care about traffic lights, stop signs, whether or not its a turn only lane, etc. It's anarchy and the cops don't care. I think they view it as having bigger fish to fry. Which is true because this place is a cesspool for crime. But its still a pain in the ass to drive to work everyday.

(Carbon County)

The endless “putting chairs in your shoveled spot” debate will never end. However, after a day like yesterday, it doesn’t really matter if you think it’s right or wrong to save your space on a public road, because you better have some balls to steal someone’s shoveled spot, considering it probably took them at least 30 min to get their car out.

This lady decided to take a guy’s spot in Bethlehem and instead of damaging her car, like some may want to, he got his revenge by completely shoveling her car back in.

And, for everyone getting all up in a tizzy. Yes, this guy has NO right to the parking spot. It’s public property. However, you also have to be a special kind of person to park in a spot that someone obviously took a long time to shovel out in this magnitude of a snow storm. There are two sides of respect to this coin.

This is one of the best things I have ever seen.

So, here’s the pic of the car after she parked in his spot and he shoveled it in.

http://lehighvalleywithlove.com/post...o-he-snows-her
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

I have a ton of parking around my home ( have the entire corner ), so I could care less; but ( BUT ) I think you should be allowed to grease snow shovel thieves. I live in Schuylkill County, so it may be legal to shoot snow shovel thieves ( some obscure law not on the books in other counties ) HA
    Last edited by jimsouth; February 8th, 2014 at 06:18 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast