Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Open season on Pizza Hut drivers

From TTAG:

It Should Have Been A Defensive Gun Use: Indianapolis Pizza Delivery Edition

By Robert Farago on February 4, 2014

“And some actually carry a gun,” the news anchor tells viewers, his voice heavy with incredulity. What’s with the surprise? As the report points out, some Indianapolis-area pizza delivery dudes were tooled-up long before two of their colleagues were mowed down. Would 30-year-old Papa John’s employee Daniel Jaffke still be alive if he’d been exercising his natural, civil and Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms while shuttling pies? Ditto John Sullivan? Hard to say, but I wouldn’t want to leave this world without a fighting chance. And now, thanks to the media coverage, bad guys know that Papa John’s and Pizza Hut drivers are unarmed, by company fiat. I bet Aunt Polly’s drivers have better odds of survival, now. See how that works?

So, Pizza Hut & Papa John's require that their drivers be unarmed, and Aunt Polly's encourages their drivers to carry. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to guess which ones the thugs call.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Open season on Pizza Hut drivers

As a long time ago former Pizza Hut driver... I carried in the car, as did all the drivers I knew at my store, and 2 more nearby. I can't remember if there was a policy then, I think there was, but not sure...

It is not like the manager is coming out to inspect my car each day.. (or ever for that matter), drivers should carry if they want too, just don't tell the boss.

(Allegheny County)

I always LOL at folks who think carrying a gun can save their life or property during an armed (with firearm) roberry.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by dazeeman View Post
    I always LOL at folks who think carrying a gun can save their life or property during an armed (with firearm) roberry.
    It can. I'm not advocating going quick draw McGraw but saying it can't help is lol.

(Lycoming County)

I take it you don't get out much. Or, even study the issues on which you comment. There are thousands of instances of people doing exactly that.

Be safe (and educate yourself).

Scott

(Bucks County)

I hope you just forgot the sarcasm smiley
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Yea pizza hut's number 1 priority is their delivery drivers, that's why they pay them minimum wage. Truth is the delivery drivers are disposable in the mind of the corporation.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by indianjack View Post
    Yea pizza hut's number 1 priority is their delivery drivers, that's why they pay them minimum wage. Truth is the delivery drivers are disposable in the mind of the corporation.
    In addition to minimum wage, they get tips too. If they didn't make money, then why would they do it? Plus, if they didn't think they were being treated "fairly", or weren't making enough, then they could get a different job, right?

Nobody is forcing them to deliver pizzas.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    In addition to minimum wage, they get tips too. If they didn't make money, then why would they do it? Plus, if they didn't think they were being treated "fairly", or weren't making enough, then they could get a different job, right?

Nobody is forcing them to deliver pizzas.
    Thanks for adding some common sense. If those dang evil corporations wouldn't force these folks to work, they could be home living large with their EBT cards ya know.

The envy in Amerika is getting ridiculous...it's equal opportunity, not equal outcome.

If I could only be compensated for everything I've failed at, I'd be rich.
    Last edited by PocketProtector; February 5th, 2014 at 12:06 PM.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Philadelphia County)

Ok so now the bad guys know, who to call, how to draw them in, and generally what they can expect to haul. What a mess. Too much information.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast