Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Why do so many people want to trade or sell their XDs'?

I see a lot if for sale/trade ads on here and elsewhere. Just curious as to why?
    I'm a fan of the XD platform. I've got an XDM 40 & the Mrs. has a XD9SC. Never had a problem with either.

Please don't reply that because they're not Glocks.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Why do so many people want to trade or sell their XDs'?

I'm sure the recall had a lot to do with it. Springfield was a little sketchy with it in the beginning (they said send it in, no fix was figured out, wait, wait, wait, returned with a shitty trigger..) This may have produceed loss of faith in the gun and/or the manufacturer.....

I also heard the post recall triggers were shitty and heavy (but eventually smoothed out)....

Just some thoughts....

And, also, they aren't Glocks......
    Last edited by FLICK; February 4th, 2014 at 02:26 PM.
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Berks County)

Been wondering that myself since I got my XDs 45. I love it now, but it had a bit of a break in period. I would imagine that turns some owners off a bit.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Please don't reply that because they're not Glocks.
    But...I kind of think that's partly accurate. Or rather, they aren't Glocks, M&Ps, SIGS, or H&K. They are a good gun, that isn't quite as well respected as some other duty-type guns out there. A lot of people put a lot of stock in what is being adopted by military and law enforcement agencies. XD usually doesn't make it very far in consideration with these entities. There are various reason. Most of which I'm unfamiliar with.

For me, I think it's a good firearm that has several key features that I really don't like. The most prevalent is the higher bore axis and the odd balance characteristics of the weapon. I've never had one fail on me though. They just aren't my thing. Not when there are so many other great options out there (M&P, Glock, SR) that don't share those characteristics.

There's a thread on the XD-S recall over at xdtalk. Over 300 pages and 3,000 posts. Lots of folks upset about the way the recall was handled.

Jim

(Butler County)

I'm sure the recall was a huge part of it, but I'd suspect that people also found more practical guns. I personally lost the appeal for single stack guns when I compared my CW9 to a Glock 19. It just wasn't worth the minimal size difference to give up 8 rounds in the mag, and to have a gun with far more felt recoil that I wouldn't shoot as good or as often. I friend of mine shot my Glock 30 right after I got it, and said he was selling his XDs to get a Glock 30. That's exactly what he did when he got his back. The 30, albeit a bigger and heavier gun, was much softer when you shot it compared to the XDs.

I just can't shoot mine straight. I'm 6" left at 5 yds and I tried a bunch of stuff to correct it and nothing so I'm going to find something I'm more familiar with...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TapRackNRoll View Post
    But...I kind of think that's partly accurate. Or rather, they aren't Glocks, M&Ps, SIGS, or H&K. They are a good gun, that isn't quite as well respected as some other duty-type guns out there. A lot of people put a lot of stock in what is being adopted by military and law enforcement agencies. XD usually doesn't make it very far in consideration with these entities. There are various reason. Most of which I'm unfamiliar with.

For me, I think it's a good firearm that has several key features that I really don't like. The most prevalent is the higher bore axis and the odd balance characteristics of the weapon. I've never had one fail on me though. They just aren't my thing. Not when there are so many other great options out there (M&P, Glock, SR) that don't share those characteristics.
    I'm actually surprised that it took three replies for Der Glocke props.

Oh well, I give up!

I personally do not like them. In my hand, they feel unbalanced and the grip angle feels like I'm thrusting with a saber. Other than that I can't bad mouth them. They are super reliable almost to the point of an AK. They're just not for me. If they are for you, more power to you. Let's go to the range and have some fun.

I told my kid the same thing when he asked me what I thought about them. He ended up getting a G26 and he loves it.

Some people like Camaros, some like Mustangs. I like '65-'72 442's.
    They're all cool but we all have our preferences.

We now return to our originally scheduled topic.......

(Montgomery County)

I can speak as one who recently traded an xdm9 3.8 pistol as to my reasons. The pistol was good, and it shot well for me. However, the butt of the pistol or grip frame was quite long to house the 19 round magazine. I have switched to carrying only auto pistols (I still love wheel guns) and I wanted a pistol that had a lower profile so that it was easier to hide. Couple that reason with my desire not to stockpile firearms meant I would get rid of the one that did not serve my purposes entirely and replace it with one that would.

I have a couple of firearms (see two) that I do not shoot much and keep because I enjoy their properties. However, I consider myself more of a shooter than a collector of shooting irons.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Bucks County)

Let me clarify. Ex Dee Esses(XDs') not Ex Dee's!(XD's) XDS9 or XDS45.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast