Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default bringing guns to PA

I just moved up here from Tucson, AZ. I just became aware that here in PA for FTF pistol transactions you must involve an FFL. My question is in arizona there is no regulations on FTF transfers of pistols, so all of my pistols are not in my name, is there anything I need to do to make them "legal"?

Thanks in advance
    Speak softly and carry a big Glock.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: bringing guns to PA

Nope. There is no "registration" here in PA. If you decide to sell them, you'll need to utilize a FFL (as you already know). Until then, if you're here and the guns are here, you're good to go.

BTW...welcome to PAFOA!
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Mifflin County)

There is no registration in PA, (only a database of sales that appears to sometimes be used as an illegal registry). If you purchased your guns legally in your home state, you're legal to bring them here when you move. You don't need to do anything.

While the above posts are absolutely correct, ratherbshootin, if you plan to carry any of those pistols for self defense and are ever questioned about them by a LEO, like during a traffic stop, they may try to check and see if the guns are stolen by running them thru the illegal PA database. In which case they won't show up since you did not buy them in PA.

You could have some explaining to do in that case.

It's not right and not legal, but it could happen

Just thought I'd mention it.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    While the above posts are absolutely correct, ratherbshootin, if you plan to carry any of those pistols for self defense and are ever questioned about them by a LEO, like during a traffic stop, they may try to check and see if the guns are stolen by running them thru the illegal PA database. In which case they won't show up since you did not buy them in PA.

Unfortunately, there's no easy way to 'force' them into the illegal database (that's not a registry) since you can't transfer a firearm to yourself and there is no way to "register" them, since there is no "registry". You would have to transfer them to someone else, and then have them transfered back to yourself. Stick around here. You're likely to get some good advice and assistance if you find yourself in the situation described by HiredGoon
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Allegheny County)

Best advice is to not worry about it. If something like your gun being illegally seized happens here. We'll give'em hell and get it back for ya. Even if we have to show up in drove's OCing to the courthouse for ya

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post

Such BS.. i have a CZ82 i plan to use as a BUG. bought it with my C&R, now im rethinking of carring it because of this factor...

(Franklin County)

Simple solution. If you're not breaking any law don't comply with search and seizure of your property. From that point on anything the officer does will get thrown out in court.

BTW: Welcome to PAFOA. I lived in Tucson for 7 years, welcome to PA!

(Berks County)

I second Pro2A,

Living in fear of a goverment is not living at all. You are not breaking any PA laws by having in your possession any firearms not listed in the data base the PSP keeps PERIOD.

Don't steal, don't use plants or powders the goverment have deemed inappropriate for civilian consumption, don't kill (people), don't drink any quantity of liquid known to cause good times and then get behind the wheel, because you'll piss off the soccer moms, and finally contact PETA the second you find a silly looking moth in your back yard because it may be endangered and if you killed it there would only be a 1000 of them left, so you may have alter your life in a eco friendly way to allow that one moth who may live a week the proper life cycle so as is to not endanger the species.
    Did I miss anything? Oh yeah! Apparently none of this applies if you are any form of goverment, or a officer with a conflagrated ego.

J/k Welcome to the board enjoy the sometimes salty humor and wealth of knowledge.

Were you on arizonashooting.com?

I may be coming up from AZ as well...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast