Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1911 mag

(Montgomery County)

Default 1911 mag

I know this is asked often but who makes a great magazine for the 1911? My idea of a great magazine is one that at a minimum doesn't slice my thumb when I am loading, has a smooth spring and of course does not jam. I have three and the one I like says Novak on it.

(Berks County)

Default Re: 1911 mag

Chip McCormick, Wilson Combat, MetalForm.
    I learned a long time ago that reality was much weirder than anyone's imagination.--HST

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    I know this is asked often but who makes a great magazine for the 1911? My idea of a great magazine is one that at a minimum doesn't slice my thumb when I am loading, has a smooth spring and of course does not jam. I have three and the one I like says Novak on it.
    I use wilson combat 47d mags, I've tried just about all of them and for me the Wilson's are the best. The follower is great and I've never had an issue with them. Every time I buy a 1911 I get a few more. The cm power mag would be next best.

Not kidding when I say I buy a few more with every new 1911 I buy. I toss OEM back in the OEM case and they never get used
    [IMG][/IMG]

(Jefferson County)

I've had great luck with Chip McCormick and GI surplus mags.

If/when I do have the need to add another stick to my mag collection for my 1911 I usually pick a McCormick. They work, and they aren't that expensive.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

I have all Chip Mc Power Mags & Wilson 47d's. I use them in all 3 of my 1911's.

I prefer the 47D's because it sounds like a bra size.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Bucks County)

I like the Chip McCormick mags. Got a bunch cheap from CDNN years back. Never had an issue with them. USGI & factory Colt work good too.

(Chester County)

I have factory Colt mags that work well (The S&W mags that came with my 1911 were prone to various failures). I prefer the Wilson Combat 47d because of the slightly extended base pad. I have trouble seating the flush-fit mags at the range.

(Delaware County)

I use the 47d mags as well, I also have a chip McCormick floating around that I don't recall having problems with.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by codename View Post
    I have factory Colt mags that work well (The S&W mags that came with my 1911 were prone to various failures). I prefer the Wilson Combat 47d because of the slightly extended base pad. I have trouble seating the flush-fit mags at the range.
    Same here, I have a bunch of s&w mags and sig mags that wouldn't lock the slide back. I also had ftf with some of them so after that I switched to wilson 47d and never looked back. It's a shame too because I really like the base pad on the sigs.

(Washington County)

Kimber makes 8rd KIMPRO TAC MAGS. They're all stainless with a good follower, and the spring is also pretty dang smooth. I have 8 of them and never once had a problem. I couldn't be happier with mine.
    "Confiscating is not stealing! I warned him!" -Valentin16

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast