Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default Re: PA Medical Marijuana Law

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    The pot that is sold today is not the pot that was sold back when I was in high school. It is much more powerful and is much more than the mild hallucinogen that it was back then. Again, lets be honest about what it is we're talking about...
    Firearms today are way different, way more powerful, than when the 2A was written...

I don't mean to give you a hard time, but thus far almost all of your arguments regarding pot have the same validity as the anti-gun arguments of the same structure.

Drugs, guns and especially free speech can all be very dangerous. A free society does not regulate things just because they can be dangerous or abused.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    You picked up on that did you? Good catch! Yes, for the slower members, it was a joke! And it was told so that only the senior members would understand it. So there!
    The best satire is that which can be mistaken for the real thing. And some people really do believe that smoking would be healthy if The Man hadn't added all those chemicals.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Pot is now a highly refined and manipulated drug. It's not the pot or hemp of the past. The thc levels are far beyond what they were back then.
    Much like Crack Cocaine and Everclear (itself a product of Prohibition) the Market in intoxicants will steer itself towards more potent drugs.

Fortunately placing this under a Doctor's care will - hopefully - give us the same efficacy that we now enjoy with Prozac, Ambient and all of those other wonderful drugs that seem to show up in the bloodstreams of mass shooters.

No, I'm not being sarcastic... just mentioning a few inconvenient truths here. There is a lot of stuff out there which is legal and which is "changing the minds of addicts".

Medical Marijuana could be abused. So could Oxycotin and other painkillers, Prozac, Ambient and other drugs which have as part of their side effects suicide, and Alcohol.

A lot of people do stupid stuff drunk. The Prisons and graveyards are full of people who got drunk and then got unlucky.

My concerns are two fold...

1. The State of PA does not disenfranchise gun owners who have a legitimate medical need for marijuana. I think that the Illinois authorities are full of shit up to their eyebrows for disenfranchising gun owners.

2. Marijuana for medical purposes is subject to purity and potency regulations.

(York County)

Thumbs up Re: PA Medical Marijuana Law

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    Drugs, guns and especially free speech can all be very dangerous. A free society does not regulate things just because they can be dangerous or abused.
    Wow couldn't have said it better...amen

Allegheny County, Robinson Twnshp, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    I'm pro-rights. Lets have everyone cook meth on their front porch, you can all have price wars. Lets have everyone cultivate pot in their backyard. Speaking of opium lets have at least 12 dens on each block. Blotter acid no problem, you can find it 122 Main Street and order it online at Amazon. Ecstasy no problem just go to the corner Kiwkmart. Smack, that can be found at your local library, no shit. Alligator, that you got to go and see your local car repair shop. Is this enough liberty for ya? I do believe you have the right to end your life, NOT MINE.
    I guess I missed the part in the medical marijuana argument where the government was going to forcibly inject you with krokadil or smack.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by zlaya View Post
    And then Portugal comes and takes a shit in your 3rd grade level opinion. Taking rights away is never a good thing. Would you say that the crime you speak of doesnt occur on a large scale with all rec drugs being illegal? Use your brain man.
    I have a 3rd grade level opinion? What's with the insults?

When I form opinions I spend a lot of time doing my research along with my own life experiences factoring into it.

Having been a keen observer of the criminal justice system and who gets arrested, in most cases some form of drug is involved somewhere along the line. It alters and impairs your mind and these "rights" you speak of, it's the people out here in the world that get their "rights" infringed on dealing with these idiots stealing, robbing, raping, killing, and putting their friends and family through hell.

Selling drugs in the 7/11 is not going to change the behavior of these impaired people, so you'll need to come up with something better.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Selling drugs in the 7/11 is not going to change the behavior of these impaired people
    And it's not what they do in Portugal.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    Firearms today are way different, way more powerful, than when the 2A was written...

I don't mean to give you a hard time, but thus far almost all of your arguments regarding pot have the same validity as the anti-gun arguments of the same structure.

I figure the big difference back then was that people who got out of line as children were corrected.

They experienced some pain and got their minds right. I bet that most of the murderous trash we see today had forebears who had their minds made right when the "monster" inside of them was little.

This habit of immediate correction kept anti-social behaviors curbed in most folks.

The ones who could not get with the plan got run off into the wilderness or their bad habits were permanently corrected with a rope, blade or bullet.

Today, it seems we have to have compassion for everyone except those who mind their own business. Seems "backwards" to me.

I don't cotten to addicts stealing things and trashing their neighborhoods. I don't accept addiction as an excuse either.

Get help or stay away from the stuff.

That being said, If I had to use it I'd motor on over to some freer place and survive. Medicine is medicine. Use it or suffer.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    You're describing Alcohol too. Brain altering drug that causes a variety of health problems. After Acetamenophen Ethanol is probably the leading cause of Liver damage.

We tried Prohibition with Alcohol. The violence associated with Prohibition got us the National Firearms Act of 1934.

I grew up with several Alcoholics in the House. I am the last person who wants to encourage or enable Substance Abusers.

I do not believe that Pot "cures" anything. For some folks it's an effective pain killer and anti-anorexiant (makes them eat).

There may be a Placebo effect for some Cancer Patients and AIDs sufferers. I don't know. I'm not a Doctor.

Freedom begins when people mind their own concerns, their own business. It ends when people start to treat other adults like children.

One of the core "values" of Gun control is the idea that some people cannot be trusted.

Think about it.
    Oh I have thought about it. When I was young on Saturdays my dad used to take me into the hospital to do his rounds of patients from the previous nights patients who flowed into the Emergency Room. We would walk the halls and I'd see the human wreckage these people on drugs would inflict on themselves and others. I learned there are consequences for your actions and that's why I never touched any drugs or drank and I stayed well clear of people that did.

If freedom begins when people mind their own concerns, well, are the drug abusers and addicts actually doing that? No they are not. And no we don't need to treat people like children either and we don't. We have a government as a framework to keep other citizens from imposing on other citizens and denying others their life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. We have criminal and civil law, not anarchy.

(Chester County)

Do your self a favor and stop embarassing yourself by posting this drivel, then go and read some books and stuff so that you may become a better informed American citizen.
    Well, having lived in the middle of all that drug abuse, reading a book from someone that has no living experience of what drugs actually do to the human mind I'd be no more likely to read a book on gun control written by Hillary Clinton or Michael Bloomberg.

I smoked a lot of this new highly potent maryjewanna, and hallucinated exactly zero times. I also hurt zero people, not to speak of the zero accidents I caused while sitting stoned on my couch. I certainly gaimed a few pound, but continuing to exercise regularly all my health indicators remained good. Oh yeah let me tell you about the addiction. When I decided to quit, I couldnt fall asleep on time for like three whole nights, and was slightly more annoyed by stupid people for a while.
    I would have never guessed that such an intelligent sounding post would have come from an admitted pothead. You just never know.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast