Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: PA Medical Marijuana Law

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    I'm pro-rights. Lets have everyone cook meth on their front porch, you can all have price wars. Lets have everyone cultivate pot in their backyard. Speaking of opium lets have at least 12 dens on each block. Blotter acid no problem, you can find it 122 Main Street and order it online at Amazon. Ecstasy no problem just go to the corner Kiwkmart. Smack, that can be found at your local library, no shit. Alligator, that you got to go and see your local car repair shop. Is this enough liberty for ya? I do believe you have the right to end your life, NOT MINE.
    And then there was this country called Portugal.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Drugs is where I veer off track with the libertarians and do whatever the hell you want to the exclusion to all others crowd. With liberty and freedom comes personal responsibility not to impose on your fellow citizens and invade/steal their personal property or harm them physically. Drugs currently classed as illegal alter people's state of mind beyond anything rational, they are addictive beyond people's control and a huge portion around crime revolves around procuring money illegally to get money for drugs and wreaking havoc on the lives of everyone they come in contact with to continue their habit, potheads included.

My issue is that these drugs alter and impair your mind to the point you are not a rational person with control over what you do or do not do.

So selling crack like Tic Tacs at the local Stop N' Rob isn't going to change a thing. Drug addicts will do all of the usual destructive behavior they do to procure drugs and it will not change anything in how they interact with society.

When drug addicts display some personal responsibility towards their habit, which is doubtful, I'll be interested in hearing about legality.

Pot is now a highly refined and manipulated drug. It's not the pot or hemp of the past. The thc levels are far beyond what they were back then.
    And then Portugal comes and takes a shit in your 3rd grade level opinion. Taking rights away is never a good thing. Would you say that the crime you speak of doesnt occur on a large scale with all rec drugs being illegal? Use your brain man.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Potheads should at least be honest about the whole issue. Instead of saying we want medical marijuana, we just want to be potheads. At least be honest. Marijuana has never been a medicine that cures anything, it's an intoxicant plain and simple and the push to get it legalized for medical purposes is as dishonest as the push to have universal background checks.
    Do you really know 'potheads' are dishonest about their intentions, or are you making assumptions about something you aren't very familiar with?

I have heard anti-gun people claim that 'sportsmen' are dishonest about wanting firearms for sporting purposes, they say that the 'sportsmen' just want to be able to kill things in order to make up for their small dicks. They say guns aren't designed for sport, they are designed to kill... blah, blah, blah.

Pot has the ability to treat some symptoms for some issues. It doesn't cure anything, but neither does tylenol.

Regardless, if someone want's to use some pot, good for them. Let people be free to voice their opinion, smoke pot, have relationships with whoever they want, travel freely, tote guns, dress like a cowboy or do whatever the hell they want to do so long as it is not hurting anyone.

(Chester County)

The pot that is sold today is not the pot that was sold back when I was in high school. It is much more powerful and is much more than the mild hallucinogen that it was back then. Again, lets be honest about what it is we're talking about. I'm no stranger to pot, everyone around me smoked pot when I was in high school and back then it was the benign drug that is being discussed in place of the drug that it is today. It is no longer benign, it is more than just a mild hallucinogen.

Another point that is completely missed in this discussion is; Since when has smoking become so cool? Smoking pot is OK because it's pot but smoking tobacco is no good because it gives you cancer? Doesn't smoking produce cancer whether it's pot, tobacco or camel dung? You are ingesting a foreign substance into your body through your lungs the same way you do it using tobacco products. I'm not suggesting tobacco should be made illegal either but because I raise the question there will be those that go on the defensive because they refuse to come to grips with reality about pot.

Again, I haven't decided on whether I believe pot should be legal or not but these are the arguments that are never discussed by dishonest proponents. I know potheads, I grew up with potheads, I see what the former benign drug did to people and what today's pot does even quicker and more efficiently.

The other thing that always make me wince about the argument to legalize pot is; if you're so stupid to get arrested for mere possession of pot you are probably way too stupid to own a firearm.
    Last edited by JenniferG; February 2nd, 2014 at 11:07 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Legalize it all and get rid of govt handouts

When you od we let you drown in your own vomit and the world goes on

However that isn't how it goes in this country and there is a literal cost to society

Everyone wants to have their cake and eat it too

And the slum lord obama agrees
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Bucks County)

Doesn't smoking produce cancer whether it's pot, tobacco or camel dung? You are ingesting a foreign substance into your body through your lungs the same way you do it using tobacco products.
    ANOTHER misconception. Wow, did you buy the bulk pack of these or what? Cancer in smokers has been proven to be the result of the over 4000 added chemicals that tobacco picks up in the processing plants on it's way to the consumer. Tobacco use on it's own, while not good for the body, is NOT the horrible monster it is made out to be. Marcus Welby M.D. pushed smoking cigarettes for crying out loud! How bad could they be if he said it was ok?

Edit to add: I never advocated legalization of anything but pot for medicinal uses. The other harder drugs need to be illegal and the penalties SEVERE. Severe , as in, DEATH for selling to kids, DEATH for anything causing death or severe injury to another as a result of violating a drug law, life in prison (PRISON: not a country club rehab facility, but an honest to goodness shithole in the wilderness with mean guards and no weights or library and no cable tv) . Basically, we need to get our noses out of people's private lives and start PUNISHING people who adversely affect other people's lives through their stupidity and drug abuse.
    Last edited by Manxdriver; February 2nd, 2014 at 11:19 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    ANOTHER misconception. Wow, did you buy the bulk pack of these or what? Cancer in smokers has been proven to be the result of the over 4000 added chemicals that tobacco picks up in the processing plants on it's way to the consumer. Tobacco use on it's own, while not good for the body, is NOT the horrible monster it is made out to be. Marcus Welby M.D. pushed smoking cigarettes for crying out loud! How bad could they be if he said it was ok?

How bad could they be? Surely you jest.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    There are pot advocates out there that believe it "cures" just about any disease out there.

As someone that educated myself about the effects and having seen people on it, short term and long term, it is a brain altering drug that causes a variety of severe health problems.
    You're describing Alcohol too. Brain altering drug that causes a variety of health problems. After Acetamenophen Ethanol is probably the leading cause of Liver damage.

We tried Prohibition with Alcohol. The violence associated with Prohibition got us the National Firearms Act of 1934.

I grew up with several Alcoholics in the House. I am the last person who wants to encourage or enable Substance Abusers.

I do not believe that Pot "cures" anything. For some folks it's an effective pain killer and anti-anorexiant (makes them eat).

There may be a Placebo effect for some Cancer Patients and AIDs sufferers. I don't know. I'm not a Doctor.

Freedom begins when people mind their own concerns, their own business. It ends when people start to treat other adults like children.

One of the core "values" of Gun control is the idea that some people cannot be trusted.

Think about it.

(Allegheny County)

The pot that is sold today is not the pot that was sold back when I was in high school. It is much more powerful and is much more than the mild hallucinogen that it was back then. Again, lets be honest about what it is we're talking about. I'm no stranger to pot, everyone around me smoked pot when I was in high school and back then it was the benign drug that is being discussed in place of the drug that it is today. It is no longer benign, it is more than just a mild hallucinogen.

Another point that is completely missed in this discussion is; Since when has smoking become so cool? Smoking pot is OK because it's pot but smoking tobacco is no good because it gives you cancer? Doesn't smoking produce cancer whether it's pot, tobacco or camel dung? You are ingesting a foreign substance into your body through your lungs the same way you do it using tobacco products. I'm not suggesting tobacco should be made illegal either but because I raise the question there will be those that go on the defensive because they refuse to come to grips with reality about pot.

Again, I haven't decided on whether I believe pot should be legal or not but these are the arguments that are never discussed by dishonest proponents. I know potheads, I grew up with potheads, I see what the former benign drug did to people and what today's pot does even quicker and more efficiently.

The other thing that always make me wince about the argument to legalize pot is; if you're so stupid to get arrested for mere possession of pot you are probably way too stupid to own a firearm.
    Do your self a favor and stop embarassing yourself by posting this drivel, then go and read some books and stuff so that you may become a better informed American citizen. Before I decided that I want to own firearms, I smoked a lot of this new highly potent maryjewanna, and hallucinated exactly zero times. I also hurt zero people, not to speak of the zero accidents I caused while sitting stoned on my couch. I certainly gaimed a few pound, but continuing to exercise regularly all my health indicators remained good. Oh yeah let me tell you about the addiction. When I decided to quit, I couldnt fall asleep on time for like three whole nights, and was slightly more annoyed by stupid people for a while.So yeah, read books and stuff.

(Bucks County)

Talking Re: PA Medical Marijuana Law

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post

How bad could they be? Surely you jest.
    You picked up on that did you? Good catch! Yes, for the slower members, it was a joke! And it was told so that only the senior members would understand it. So there!

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast