Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: XDs Vs. Glock19

Default XDs Vs. Glock19

Ok so I'm in the market for a new daily conceal carry. While at the one shop close to me yesterday I held a Glock19 & an XDs.

Both felt good in my hands. With the Glock being thicker of course in the grip.

I'd prefer to stick with .45ACP as that's the ammo I currently have. Will consider 9mm though.

Not interested in 1911's. Held a Rock Island yesterday as well the grip was way too thick for my liking and it was just a tad too heavy.

Looking for customizability. Which I know is the Glock and I know Springfield Armory can be customized as well.

What's your options on the Glock19 & the XDs in .45ACP and the 9mm version?

Default Re: XDs Vs. Glock19

Quote Originally Posted by PA1936MN View Post
    Ok so I'm in the market for a new daily conceal carry. While at the one shop close to me yesterday I held a Glock19 & an XDs.

Both felt good in my hands. With the Glock being thicker of course in the grip.

I'd prefer to stick with .45ACP as that's the ammo I currently have. Will consider 9mm though.

Not interested in 1911's. Held a Rock Island yesterday as well the grip was way too thick for my liking and it was just a tad too heavy.

Looking for customizability. Which I know is the Glock and I know Springfield Armory can be customized as well.

What's your options on the Glock19 & the XDs in .45ACP and the 9mm version?
    I've had both and imo the xds is easier to carry. The .45 is actually manageable out of the smaller gun. I ran Hornady Tap 200gr +p with no issues. The only problem and reason why I sold mine was because of the way they handled the recall.

I switched mine out for the following:
    P938
    P238
    Glock 26

I have no regrets with my decision to switch. Good luck!

(Allegheny County)

I had an XD9 and a G19, G17.

Prefer the way the Glocks handles.

Thinking of getting a G26 eventually...

(Bucks County)

Hmm. Never heard this one before. I'll bite. XDs are decent, but I prefer Glocks.

(Tioga County)

XDs and the Glock 19 are 2 different sizes of firearms from my perspective.

I had too many issues last year with the XDS to consider it reliable enough for concealed carry. My belief is that Springfield has a good basic pistol but the design needs some development/refinement. I believed that before the recall ever happened and the recall just confirmed to me it was rushed to market too quickly.

The main advantage with Glock is that they work, they don't have drama issues and complain about whatever ammo you feed them, they can get dirty and still work. They are probably not the gun for that last 10% of accuracy in competition, but they are reliable and that is what you need in a gun for concealed carry/open carry/house defense/car defense/barn defense, you name it.

Not looking to compete. Looking for a year round conceal carry option.

As far as this recall goes for the XDs I've read a little about it. But if I buy brand new from a shop will it need sent in?

I've owned an XDm9 in the past and loved it. So I have experience with S.A. but that's not final on my decision. It ate everything I threw at it.

(Bucks County)

I have both, depending on season and clothing. My go to EDC is a glock 19. In shorts and a t-shirt I can still carry the G19 with a kingtuk and a good belt without printing. I hate small guns and an XDs is as small as I will go. My XDs is my gun I carry when I "don't want to carry a real gun", if that makes sense. Goodluck in your choice. Just remember a good holster and belt makes a HUGE difference with any gun. If you can afford it, why not get both. If your first gun, the G19 can fit numerous roles such as self defense, home defense, range gun, etc.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA1936MN View Post
    Not looking to compete. Looking for a year round conceal carry option.

As far as this recall goes for the XDs I've read a little about it. But if I buy brand new from a shop will it need sent in?
    If there is a roll pin in the grip safety, the recall has been completed

Can't buy both can only buy one. It will be going into a good holster made by Comp TAC. Belts I currently own work just fine. It's not my first handgun nor my first carry piece either.

(York County)

I am a .45 fan and conceal a G30 year round. Just a little thicker than a G19. Try a G30S, it has a thinner slide.

Now I also have a couple G19's and 17's for playing with at the range and I really like them and would have no issues carrying the G19 if I needed to.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast