Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default what a disappointment - MAIG members

I had always considered Schuylkill County to be reasonably conservative, and considered moving back at some point.

I am very disappointed to find out that the mayors of Cressona, Pine Grove, Orwigsburg and Auburn, all are members of MAIG.

all of these are small, rural towns with a proportionately big hunting population. I wonder how many residents know there elected officials signed on to this line of BS.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: what a disappointment - MAIG members

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    I had always considered Schuylkill County to be reasonably conservative, and considered moving back at some point.

I am very disappointed to find out that the mayors of Cressona, Pine Grove, Orwigsburg and Auburn, all are members of MAIG.

all of these are small, rural towns with a proportionately big hunting population. I wonder how many residents know there elected officials signed on to this line of BS.
    For some reason I thought that anti-gun politicians did not get elected in PA. I just moved to PA from the Peoples Republic of New Jersey. Is someone trying to turn PA into West NJ?

Fore those who have never lived in an anti-gun state like NJ, you have no idea how bad it can get.

(Lancaster County)

I wonder (or maybe someone knows) if all of these mayors who sign on with this MAIG crap get money or other compensation of some sort.

Or they just figure it'll buy them mommy votes?
    Johnnie F.

(Allegheny County)

Remember that the Moms half of that movement apparently counts everyone who 'likes' them on Facebook as a member.

(Schuylkill County)

This is why it is important for freedom lovers in small towns to unite together in numbers and support each other and let the mayors hear your voice!! Write a letter in the local paper explaining to the citizens how corrupt sugar daddy dumberg is!!

(Luzerne County)

Its a disappointment for sure....sometimes these mayors need to be educated on what MAIG's intentions really are...to the uninformed person, the organization sounds wonderful...mayors against ILLEGAL guns....who would be against that? Until you see the propaganda and underlying political agenda bloomberg and his cronies set forth! A while back on a fishing forum I posted all mayors that were part of it and asked" is your mayor on this list?" If it was, I asked everyone to contact them to let them know what it really stands for.

(Schuylkill County)

Have no fear Pine Grove is out of her hands now.
    You also missed Tremont. Again the town is out of his hands also.
    Masters Degree from, School of Hardknocks and College of Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by CycleTech View Post
    Have no fear Pine Grove is out of her hands now.
    You also missed Tremont. Again the town is out of his hands also.
    thank you. stand strong. I want to move back there someday and leave my current blue state of residence. I'm not going back if the place has "gone over"!!

(Schuylkill County)

Wasn't the mayor of Pottsville also in on this MAIG thing. Or did they vote him/her out also?

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelfisher View Post
    Its a disappointment for sure....sometimes these mayors need to be educated on what MAIG's intentions really are...to the uninformed person, the organization sounds wonderful...mayors against ILLEGAL guns....who would be against that? Until you see the propaganda and underlying political agenda bloomberg and his cronies set forth! A while back on a fishing forum I posted all mayors that were part of it and asked" is your mayor on this list?" If it was, I asked everyone to contact them to let them know what it really stands for.
    ^^^THIS^^^

The mayor of my previous town was a member. He didn't really know what they were all about. After it was brought to his attention, he read the propaganda and quickly removed himself from their organization.