Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default ***Cancelled***NHRPC PRACTICAL RIFLE, MEU(SOC) QUAL CoF

Unfortunately, this latest round of snow has done us in. With over two feet of snow on the ranges, and no signs of warmer temperatures in the next three days; there is simply to much snow on the ground at the club, to safely run this course of fire. I apologize, but feel it is the appropriate course of action from a safety standpoint. We will likely run this CoF in April instead. Keep you eyes open for an announcement. Thank you for your understanding and support.

R/,
    Matthew Roddy
    Vice President, NHRPC

Good day to everyone. I wanted to let the community know that New Holland Rifle and Pistol Club will be running a Practical Rifle Match on Sunday, 16 February 2014. This match will be the tried and true MEU(SOC) M4A1 qualification course. This CoF is a lot of fun, and runs fairly quickly, so we are splitting the start times up into two relays; morning and afternoon.

As this is a Sunday match, so we are unable to fire our first shots until after 10:00. As such setup will commence at 08:00, Sign-in and Safety Briefing for the morning relay will commence around 09:00 in the clubhouse, and I plan to have the first shooter on the line at 10:00.

Sign-in and Safety Briefing for the afternoon relay will commence in the clubhouse at 12:30, with the first afternoon shooter on the line at 13:00. I hope to have everyone through the CoF NLT 15:00, so we can complete teardown and cleanup, and have everyone on the road by 16:00.

This is participant driven event, so assistance with either setup or teardown, is greatly encouraged. You will also be asked to assist in pasting targets and may be asked to help record scores.

To address ongoing complaints about wait times to shoot, we are limiting this event to 15 shooters for each relay. Slots are first come, first served; and pre-registration is required at the following link:

Because of the low round count, and the short nature of this CoF, the cost for this event is $10 for members, $20 for non-members. Please have your NEW club membership card with you, to receive the discounted match fee. If time permits, we will allow second runs for an additional $5; however you first run counts for score.

If this is your first time joining us for one of our matches, please take a moment to visit our Program Page on the Club Website, for an overview of the program and some common FAQ’s.
    Practical Rifle

For this event, you will need one magazine with 30rds loaded, and a second magazine with 20rds loaded only. You may want to bring some additional ammunition, just in case there is an equipment malfunction, or if we have the opportunity for a second run. As always, a chamber flag is required, and will be available for sale in the clubhouse.

This will be a great opportunity to sharpen those rifle handling skills, ahead of the NHRPC 2-Gun Championship Series, scheduled to start in March. Hope to see you on the firing line soon!

R/,
    Matthew Roddy

(Chester County)

Default Re: NHRPC PRACTICAL RIFLE, MEU(SOC) QUAL CoF

One week to go. Please keep an eye on this thread. I was at the club today, and in addition to the extensive amount of trees and limbs down from the ice, there is over a foot of snow on the range, with a thick layer ice on top. If we don't get a couple days of good thawing, we may end up canceling the match. It simply wouldn't be safe to conduct with the amount of running involved. I'll make the determination next Saturday.

R/,
    Matthew Roddy

(Chester County)

Default Re: NHRPC PRACTICAL RIFLE, MEU(SOC) QUAL CoF

Unfortunately, this latest round of snow has done us in. With over two feet of snow on the ranges, and no signs of warmer temperatures in the next three days; there is simply to much snow on the ground at the club, to safely run this course of fire. I apologize, but feel it is the appropriate course of action from a safety standpoint. We will likely run this CoF in April instead. Keep you eyes open for an announcement. Thank you for your understanding and support.

R/,
    Matthew Roddy
    Vice President, NHRPC