Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Trop Range Opening Feb. 3rd

The wait is almost over. Trop Gun will be launching their new indoor range to the public on February 3rd. Beginning on that date we hope to see everyone on the range enjoying your independence!

Full details on hours, pricing, procedures and rules can be found at:http://www.tropgun.com/indoor-range/

(York County)

Default Re: Trop Range Opening Feb. 3rd

Question regarding back up guns. Like many these days, I've been carrying a small BUG as part of my EDC system for quite some time. I see the rule that it's OK to carry one's loaded concealed or open carry firearm to the firing line as long as it's holstered until you reach the shooting lane. I also see there is to be only one(1) loaded firearm in the booth at a time. This is contradictory to how folks carry a BUG and a primary, since both are loaded. How should customers approach this situation? Given that they manage two loaded firearms everywhere they go on a daily basis, it seems counter-intuitive to have to unload one just to fulfil the rule upon entry. Is it allowable to carry both loaded firearms into the the stall and use them one at a time as long as only one is loaded after the initial deployment from it's carry holster? What is your recommendation?

Additionally, I presume there is to be NO work from the holster with a loaded firearm? This also brings up the question of how to bring the concealed or open carry loaded firearm into use. Can the weapon be drawn to initiate the first cycle and fired, thereafter to only be laid on the bench rather than reholstered, or are there other protocols to follow? Also presuming the firearm can be reloaded for the street and holstered at the end of the session?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Trop Range Opening Feb. 3rd

Mosseater, I will address your questions separately but they are actually somewhat linked. For right now, you are only permitted to work from the bench within the stall. In the very near future we will be offering a process / certification to allow you to draw from a holster.

As to the issue with the BUG, that depends on whether or not you are planning on using both firearms during a visit. If you arrive at the range in a carry condition (Thank you BTW for being part of the solution as a responsible armed citizen) you can enter the range in that condition. Once there you will be able to get yourself set up within the range rules. If you need to present from a holster carry position to begin your session, just let the RSO know and they will assist you.

We have a very engaged and interactive range staff, feel free to discuss any additional questions you may have. The range office can be reached at 717-367-5585 and ask to speak with an RSO.

Enjoy the range!