Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default What would you do?

Back story: When I was 7 my parents got separated and I was lucky to get the 2 in the same place at the same time. When I turned 12 they asked me what I wanted for my birthday. The only thing I wanted was for my family (Mom, Dad, Myself and my 3 sisters) to go out like a real family and have a good diner. We had very little money then (A McDonald's breakfast once a month was a huge deal to us) So I got what I wanted (which was the only thing I asked for and the only thing I wanted) and I got to pick any place I wanted to go. I chose.... Red Lobster... long story short... the service sucked, the food was cold, hair in the pasta etc... It caused a big fight between my mom and dad. My sisters were really upset. The whole situation really ruined everything for me and I said I'd never go there again...... I'm not one to take grudges lightly.... so its been over 13 years since I said that and I have kept my word.

FFWD:
    My girlfriends birthday is tomorrow. We are going out Fri night for dinner. For some reason she wants to go to Red Lobster and I've made my case and explained to her why I wont go there. She understands....sorta...... I really would like to surprise her and do something she would never expect..... I was thinking of taking her there....

It doesn't seem like much but I'm torn on the issue.... on one hand I would like to do something she'd never expect and show her how I'm willing to do a lot for her but at the same time.... it goes against everything I have said..

What would you do?
    Last edited by soup; May 28th, 2008 at 08:52 AM.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: What would you do?

Well... to tell ya the truth I think I would take her to Red Lobster..... that is what SHE wants for her birthday... and it is HER day.... so suck it in... and follow her wishes. Ask anyone who is married that if the woman "implies" that she wants something it is more of a demand than a request...lol......

I CAN understand how you feel and rightly so.. but sometimes we ( as men) have to give in to the feminine "suggestions" and grin and bear it.... just be thankful she didnt want you to take her to a Home and Garden party or something...

Grant her request and it will come back to you when you make requests many times... I KNOW.....

Good luck

(Philadelphia County)

NO NO NO!!! The food still sucks so does the service and your gauranteed to get a hair in your mouth. I'm sure she just wants a nice seafood dinner it doesn't have to be red lobster and shouldn't be. Find a better seafood place and take her there. Try bonefish grill its a bit more expensive but well worth it. If you give in to her now it will never end, EVER!
    Better yet if you can cook, go out and get some lobster, shrimp etc.. and make a huge romantic dinner for her, she'll appreciate it so much more.
    "But, when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security." Dec of Ind.

(Montgomery County)

To the OP, ask yourself the following questions:
    What is more important to you, no Red Lobster...............or no "soft woman parts"?
    Is it a sacrifice that you're willing to make?
    I can tell you've been rady8ed, you have a nice glow about you.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by rady8um View Post
    To the OP, ask yourself the following questions:
    What is more important to you, no Red Lobster...............or no "soft woman parts"?
    Is it a sacrifice that you're willing to make?
    Good advice there...

Being in a relationship is partly about making sacrifices. For your woman, wouldn't you sacrifice a minor thing like that to make her happy?
    Last edited by knight0334; May 28th, 2008 at 09:22 AM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Berks County)

Take her to Red Lobster, just not the one in Pottstown, it sucks big time. Take her to the one up in Wyomissing, first of all she won't be expecting it and secondly it will pay a great benefit.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Montgomery County)

Where is the one in Wyomissing?

Any reviews of this place?

http://www.harpoonlouiesrestaurant.com/default.htm

(Allegheny County)

I'd say just take the girl there. I worked damn near every position in restaurants over the years while in school and the experience changes from day to day. The best or worst restaurant can always be surprisingly good or surprisingly terrible. You could have had a crappy server, or maybe a terrible cook was in that day. If the cooks behind, then the server looks like an idiot, maybe the hostess sucked that day and overseated the server and they just couldn't do a good job that day. Not to mention all the emotional baggage you're adding to Red Lobster when in reality you're upset over the insuing fight with your family.

Its a decent place to go, and I'm sure if you go and make your girl happy, then you'll be happy. Thats what matters. Forget about the place and just show someone you love a good time.

(Berks County)

Harpoon Louies, at least their old Collegeville location, was always a good place to eat. I've never eaten at the 724 location but since it is the original location I would wager that the food is pretty good. It doesn't look like all that from the outside though.

The Red Lobster in Wyomissing is right up by the mall. If you go up 422 and get off at the Broadcasting road exit, by the mall, you make a right at the light and RL is on the left 3/4 of the way down the block. They do get busy though. The address is 945 WOODLAND RD READING, PA 19610 and I know that you can find it on google maps.
    Last edited by billamj; May 28th, 2008 at 09:41 AM.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Chester County)

If she really wants to go to Red Lobster, take her. It might also be good therapy for you and help you realize that what happened on your 12th b'day probably would have happened at any restaurant, given the circumstances.

If she says Red Lobster because she wants a seafood dinner, but is trying to be budget minded (not that it's cheap by any stretch of the imagination), find a nice place and take her there instead if it's within your means. If you do decide on RL, they're everywhere, so look them up on web and find one in a place she'd never suspect. That might help add to the surprise a little.

As I'm sure you already know, this is the tricky part of dealing with women, you have to listen to what she says, but also know what she means. Sometimes the two are mutually exclusive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast