Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for a gun-friendly doc...

I need to find a new primary care doc. Anyone here care to recommend one near the Fleetwood or Leesport area? Preferably someone friendly to gun owners?

(Berks County)

Default Re: Looking for a gun-friendly doc...

Shouldn't he or she be friendly to all his patients? ;-)
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

You would think so. I would prefer to find one who isn't actively anti-gun and isn't going to have the "Are there guns in the home?" questions every time I have an office visit.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Durandal View Post
    You would think so. I would prefer to find one who isn't actively anti-gun and isn't going to have the "Are there guns in the home?" questions every time I have an office visit.
    Just mark the form N/A. I don't care what my doc believes, what color he is or how arrogant he is just is he the best at his craft.

I have never seen the "are there any guns in the house" question on any medical form I have ever completed. If you see it on one of yours that may actually be the answer to your question.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywuzzy View Post
    I have never seen the "are there any guns in the house" question on any medical form I have ever completed. If you see it on one of yours that may actually be the answer to your question.
    I have never been asked that either, but many folks are saying this will change under Obamacare. I personally don't know if it is true.

I did PM the OP about the Dr that I deal with.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywuzzy View Post
    I have never seen the "are there any guns in the house" question on any medical form I have ever completed...
    Well, we just moved into the area and met with a Doctor yesterday (yearly check-up). Naturally, I had to fill out more forms then I did when we bought our first house. Anyway, one of the Medical Forms (the form appeared to be a standard medical form and not created by the Doctor's Office) and contained questions about owning a firearm, etc. I took great interest in the firearm related questions - counted three questions and they were all contained within the area for sickness (i.e., are you depressed, taking anti-depression medication, etc.). Honestly, I could care less about the firearm questions - I always ignore questions I don't feel are relevant on any form. Bottom line - the receptionist took the forms, went over the forms and I met with the Doctor.
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 17th, 1790)
    Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office!
    ..: TO SERVE AND PROTECT! Positive Stories :..

(Berks County)

I personally go to Schuylkill Valley Family Practice. Both Drs. at the practice are members of our church in Reading and I have had positive experiences with them so far, as well as the LNP I saw for my seasonal allergies.

The practice is located on 61 right in Leesport.

I am not aware of their stance either way regarding firearms, but my gut would tell me that they're not anti-gun guys.

(Lehigh County)

I've not yet been asked any gun related questions from my doctor. If it ever comes up, I'll politely but firmly tell him that has nothing to do with my visit and it's none of anyone's business. Doctors are just doing their job but Obamacare persists in dragging them into trapping patients with this kind of crap. I won't stand for it.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne Lady View Post
    I've not yet been asked any gun related questions from my doctor. If it ever comes up, I'll politely but firmly tell him that has nothing to do with my visit and it's none of anyone's business. Doctors are just doing their job but Obamacare persists in dragging them into trapping patients with this kind of crap. I won't stand for it.

I had a visit that did involve a gun issue, I shot over 100 rounds from my Mosin Nagant one afternoon (yes, stupid move) and the next morning I really thought I had broken something in my shoulder. The doc (part of one of the big university health systems) didn't bat an eyelash. I had really bruised the muscle, but didn't actually break anything. I have since gotten a pad for the stock.

I am due for an annual checkup and will be asking them to check my blood for lead. They might ask my why I want to be tested. I started reloading last year. I'm not going to withhold the information.

I guess some ask and some don't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast