Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Please call Barrar's office

If you are against further gun legislation. Looks like that group that was successful lobbying Medias mayor and council want to put pressure on Barrar To promote more anti gun owner legislation. We need to be heard now!

m.delcotimes.com/delcotimes/db_280352/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=pwHu4Lot

Letter: Reader urges Rep. Barrar to co-sponsor gun legislation 01/23/2014 9:25 PM

To the Times:

I am a constituent of state Rep. Stephen Barrar, R-160 of Upper Chichester, and a member of Delaware County United for Sensible Gun Policy. Requiring universal background checks for all gun sales makes common sense, does not threaten anyone's Second Amendment right to own a gun and is a vital tool for addressing the issue of gun violence in our state. I urge Rep. Barrar to cosponsor House Bill 1010. This is legislation that will require background checks on the private sales of long guns in Pennsylvania, a category of weapon that includes military-style assault weapons.

I am writing specifically to address concerns raised by Ralph Koechert in his Jan. 17 letter to the Daily Times. Mr. Koechert inquired about the source of the polling information that demonstrates 80 percent of Pennsylvanians support universal background checks. In June 2013, Quinnipiac asked 1,032 registered voters in our state the following question: "Would you support or oppose a law requiring background checks on people buying guns at gun shows or online?" Quinnipiac reported that 84 percent (margin of error: +/- 3.1 points) of respondents supported requiring background checks.

I agree with Mr. Koechert that our existing gun laws should be fully enforced. However, enforcing the laws against a perpetrator of gun violence implies that gun violence has already occurred. The only way to stop gun violence before it happens is to prevent the gun purchase in the first place.

Mr. Koechert thinks that because some criminals can get guns through illegal channels, we should do nothing. I disagree. Statistics show that criminal background checks save lives. Two million criminals and other prohibited gun buyers were stopped from purchasing guns by our background check system under the Brady Law.

While we have laws that felons, domestic abusers, and people with serious mental health issues cannot own guns, the only way to enforce these laws is to require a background check with every gun purchase. Background checks stop prohibited purchasers from buying guns. For example, a few weeks ago in Bucks County, a man with a felony record and an active protection from abuse order, was prohibited from buying a gun at a licensed gun shop, arrested and charged. If the same felon had attempted to buy an AR-15 from a private seller, the background check would not have taken place, the gun purchase would have occurred and no arrest would have been made.

I hope that Rep. Barrar will co-sponsor H.B. 1010, which would enforce our laws by requiring background checks for every gun sale.

MATTHEW HORWITZ

Concord
    Last edited by internet troll; January 25th, 2014 at 09:03 AM.

Default Re: Please call Barrar's office

His contact information.

email: parep160@aol.com

Facebook: Facebook.com/RepBarrar

District Office
    One Beaver Valley Road
    (at the intersection of Route 202 and Naamans Creek Road)
    Chadds Ford, PA 19317-9012

610-358-5925
    Fax: 610-358-5933

(Chester County)

Steve Barrar has been pro-2A. Let him know we have his back when he doesn't support their bill.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    If you are against further gun legislation. Looks like that group that was successful lobbying Medias mayor and council want to put pressure on Barrar To promote more anti gun owner legislation. We need to be heard now!

m.delcotimes.com/delcotimes/db_280352/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=pwHu4Lot

Letter: Reader urges Rep. Barrar to co-sponsor gun legislation 01/23/2014 9:25 PM

To the Times:

I am a constituent of state Rep. Stephen Barrar, R-160 of Upper Chichester, and a member of Delaware County United for Sensible Gun Policy. Requiring universal background checks for all gun sales makes common sense, does not threaten anyone's Second Amendment right to own a gun and is a vital tool for addressing the issue of gun violence in our state. I urge Rep. Barrar to cosponsor House Bill 1010. This is legislation that will require background checks on the private sales of long guns in Pennsylvania, a category of weapon that includes military-style assault weapons.

I am writing specifically to address concerns raised by Ralph Koechert in his Jan. 17 letter to the Daily Times. Mr. Koechert inquired about the source of the polling information that demonstrates 80 percent of Pennsylvanians support universal background checks. In June 2013, Quinnipiac asked 1,032 registered voters in our state the following question: "Would you support or oppose a law requiring background checks on people buying guns at gun shows or online?" Quinnipiac reported that 84 percent (margin of error: +/- 3.1 points) of respondents supported requiring background checks.

I agree with Mr. Koechert that our existing gun laws should be fully enforced. However, enforcing the laws against a perpetrator of gun violence implies that gun violence has already occurred. The only way to stop gun violence before it happens is to prevent the gun purchase in the first place.

Mr. Koechert thinks that because some criminals can get guns through illegal channels, we should do nothing. I disagree. Statistics show that criminal background checks save lives. Two million criminals and other prohibited gun buyers were stopped from purchasing guns by our background check system under the Brady Law.

While we have laws that felons, domestic abusers, and people with serious mental health issues cannot own guns, the only way to enforce these laws is to require a background check with every gun purchase. Background checks stop prohibited purchasers from buying guns. For example, a few weeks ago in Bucks County, a man with a felony record and an active protection from abuse order, was prohibited from buying a gun at a licensed gun shop, arrested and charged. If the same felon had attempted to buy an AR-15 from a private seller, the background check would not have taken place, the gun purchase would have occurred and no arrest would have been made.

I hope that Rep. Barrar will co-sponsor H.B. 1010, which would enforce our laws by requiring background checks for every gun sale.

MATTHEW HORWITZ

Concord
    Horowitz's letter has so many points of misinformation that in an open debate this anti-gun zealot would be exposed as the fool that he is. "Sensible Gun Laws", Assault weapon, whatever that is, Internet gun sales can be made without going through an FFL, "Statistics shows that 2 Million criminals were stopped via brady type laws" This statistic was exposed as false during the years that the brady bill was in effect, in fact the stat. was provided by the sarah brady organization that proved many times to be a fountain of bad information. Horowitz further shows his stupidity by claiming that if an individual sold the bucks county man in reference a firearm, there would be no arrests made. Apparently this cheerleader for more gun laws does not realize that anyone prohibited from owning a gun and stopped at an FFL for having that status on record, such sale would be unlawful for the buyer and seller and an arrest could and should be made.

The 80 percent statistics only goes to show that percentage of people do not know the current laws already on the books.

"Sensible gun laws" to this idiot are any anti-gun ownership law introduced at any level of government.
    Last edited by c45man; January 28th, 2014 at 01:11 PM.