Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Re: "knockout game" Just another reason to be armed.

Quote Originally Posted by zlaya View Post
    Oh don't get me wrong it's still great to carry, but I think in this sort of situation it is more important to be armed with great situational awareness, as well as at least basic H2H defense, so that you may have a chance to get the the firearm if needed, or better yet, avoid the being put in that situation altogether.

But this topic has already been discussed here on the forum a couple weeks back.
    Being aware is part of your responsabilty when you carry. That is a gimmie. Thanks for pointing out the completely obvious. "avoid the situation"???? Walking down the street? Sorry, some of us have to walk down the street. Will I park a car and walk down the street in Detroit at midnight? No! Will I walk down the street to get to work. I don't have a cape so I can't fly.
    You can't fix stupid....... So I try to ignore Liberals!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Finster View Post
    Being aware is part of your responsabilty when you carry. That is a gimmie. Thanks for pointing out the completely obvious. "avoid the situation"???? Walking down the street? Sorry, some of us have to walk down the street. Will I park a car and walk down the street in Detroit at midnight? No! Will I walk down the street to get to work. I don't have a cape so I can't fly.
    Are you sure its obvious? Probably as obvious as the fact that the garbage disposal many have in the kitchen can eat hands. What I am getting at is the defense against this stuff usually does not include a firearm as you will not be able to get to one most likely.

And yes...avoid the situation. You can be proactive and look mean, cross the street, etc.
    Last edited by zlaya; January 24th, 2014 at 02:07 PM.

(Mercer County)

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

Are you sure its obvious? Probably as obvious as the fact that the garbage disposal many have in the kitchen can eat hands.

And yes...avoid the situation. You can be proactive and look mean, cross the street, etc.
    You know, I posted this as public awareness. Not to bicker with an asshat like you. I'm letting people know this is happening. Feel free to ignore the post since obviously, you know everything. I don't believe I asked you for your opinion on how I should handle myself or if, when or how I should walk down the frigg'in street. Move on, you covered it with your asshat ignorant attitude.

(Monroe County)

Just to point this out nobody should have to alter their path but if you see a small group of bored utes standing around further down the block it makes more sence to alter your route then walk through them and take a chance that you would not be able to defend yourself with the weapon. Doesn't matter where you live, where you work, or who you are. You don't dance in minefields without taking a chance.

(Erie County)

Oh don't get me wrong it's still great to carry, but I think in this sort of situation it is more important to be armed with great situational awareness, as well as at least basic H2H defense, so that you may have a chance to get the the firearm if needed, or better yet, avoid the being put in that situation altogether.

But this topic has already been discussed here on the forum a couple weeks back.

And this should have been the point in your opening post; SITUATIONAL AWARENESS!

Being armed does NOT make you safe. It just gives you a fighting chance IF you are able to deploy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

You know, I posted this as public awareness. Not to bicker with an asshat like you. I'm letting people know this is happening. Feel free to ignore the post since obviously, you know everything. I don't believe I asked you for your opinion on how I should handle myself or if, when or how I should walk down the frigg'in street. Move on, you covered it with your asshat ignorant attitude.
    Don't know if that type of response was require. I mean, you are stating some obvious stuff in reporting that the knockout game is occurring. It has been discussed at length in multiple threads here. Let's keep it civil and stop the name calling.

(Mercer County)

Everyone is welcome. It's the last fucking time I try to post anything that may help someone. In fact, I'M SICK OF THIS FUCKING SITE. YOU PEOPLE SIT THERE AND TRY TO FIND FAULT WITH ANY LITTLE THING. I'm just trying to help out here and all I GET IS FUCKING GRIEF! I'M DONE!

(Allegheny County)

Come on man that's uncalled for. I am trying to help you out here dude. Carrying a firearm does not equate to being armed. Whether you believe that SA is an obvious thing or not (it's not), the way your post was worded it sounded like carrying a firearm was the most and only important thing. Another thing is, me and you are not the only one's reading these posts. It's good to educate, or at least remind folks of important things as much as possible, and if my posts open up one person's eyes I am happy.

Thumbs down Re: "knockout game" Just another reason to be armed.

Everyone is welcome. It's the last fucking time I try to post anything that may help someone. In fact, I'M SICK OF THIS FUCKING SITE. YOU PEOPLE SIT THERE AND TRY TO FIND FAULT WITH ANY LITTLE THING. I'm just trying to help out here and all I GET IS FUCKING GRIEF! I'M DONE!
    I will lose no sleep tonight. You started a discussion and for some reason felt butt hurt and started flipping out and cursing. I prefer the hot heads to not post anyway. Enjoy.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

You need to toughen up some. Post on a public forum and you'll get different opinions. No need to be butthurt about it. Or are you the kind of person who equates disagreement with disrespect?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast