Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Union County)

Default surplus military rifles

Are there any shops near central pa that carry a decent selection of c&r guns?

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: surplus military rifles

Not sure how far you are willing to travel. I know Curt's in Berwick usually has a pretty decent amount of Milsurp stuff. National in Jersey Shore, PA Usually has some Milsurps as well. I haven't been to Curts in quite a long time. National is local to me and I've bought an Enfield and a Mosin there for a decent price. I was in Dixie's in Hughsville,PA @ Christmas and they had a couple (Really nice K98 Actually). Some other shops I've been to have had them from time to time but not really a very good inventory.

I know none of these a very local so you might want to call ahead to check on what they have. I actually need some reloading supplies and will be getting to National either today or Monday. I'll post what they have when I go.

Is there anything specific that you are looking for?

(Union County)

Jersey Shore isn't too far. I'm never in the market for anything particular, I just like guns with a history. Thanks for the response!

(Tioga County)

National is a decent sized gun store, not huge in floorspace and it's pretty tight in there, but they pack a lot in. I would say in terms of inventory on the floor in the rifle racks it is fairly evenly divided. The racks are maybe 25-30 feet long? One rack is mostly your modern military type rifles, one rack a lot of shotguns, a rack or two of Fudd guns and maybe around half a rack or less of C&R milsurp type guns.

It's worth a visit or a call to see what they have. Based on other local stores, I would say National is probably a better bet than most in the local area for these type of rifles. Their pricing I find bizarre. It varies from totally outrageous to about normal what you'd pay most places to a deep bargain. And there seems no rhyme or reason to it with the prices.

(Lancaster County)

Lanco Tanctical in Elizabethtown usually has Enfields. I was suprised to see they stocked old military rifles.

(York County)

Gun Bunker in Shrewsbury if you dont mind a drive. I have purchased several Mausers, a Mosin Nagant, and a Hakim in there. Ive seen Garands, Enfields, Arisakas and more in there as well.

(Union County)

Thanks for the tips!

(Lycoming County)

Finally got to National yesterday. Their Milsurp rack is pretty picked clean.
    A couple of Mausers, mostly bubbafied to some extent. One pretty nice k98 though. Not nearly as much as I have seen in the past.

They have some mosins but, as others have said their prices are all over the place. EX: 91\30 excellent, $159. Not to bad.
    M 44 excelent, $350-395.

They had a few SKS's as well but, only one not modified. Norinco sks, nice shape for $ 350.

I didn't see anything that would make me make the drive from Mifflinburgh though. I was in looking for Powder and primers and the prices weren't too bad but high as well. Picked up some CCI small pistol primers fro $37.50. Couldn't find the powder I was looking for though.

(Union County)

Thanks for the heads up R.L.!