Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

(Franklin County)

Default Re: New Pistol Sight

Very nice! I have the Troy DOA tritium setup on my AR and love it. Same basic principle.

(Lehigh County)

I like them, but $120 seems high for non-night sights. The guy in Pic #8 is going to have a sore thumb if he shoots like that!!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cfurlo View Post
    I like them, but $120 seems high for non-night sights. The guy in Pic #8 is going to have a sore thumb if he shoots like that!!
    That price includes a sight installation tool for the front sight. I don't know what a Gunsmith would charge but It's got to be at least 50 bucks. . If the kit really does allow guys like me, that lack any kind of gunsmiths skills to install then I would think that the price is quite reasonable.

"Each set of ODS costs about $120 and comes with a front sight tool and an allen wrench for the rear sight set screw.

“A lot of sights don’t come with a tool, and you have to take them to a gunsmith; we wanted it to be one-stop shopping. You buy it; you do it yourself,” he said."

Quote Originally Posted by Cfurlo View Post
    I agree. $120 seems a bit steep.

This is not an insult to the OP, just my opinion based on experience.

Its a gimmick. People think they're gonna blow out 10 rings if they spend an exhorbitant amount of money on some cheesy accessories. Use the money for ammo, go to the range and learn to shoot with the factory sights. They are more than adequate to put 2 through the same hole at 10 yards.

Its about knowing the weapon, not how much you can spend on some sights that they claim "special forces" use. Maybe the mall ninja squadron. Real SF, blow through tens of thousands of rounds per year, and that's how they become such good shots, not because they put some goofy sights on their pistols.

There is no substitute for practice.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by triplebike View Post
    That price includes a sight installation tool for the front sight. I don't know what a Gunsmith would charge but It's got to be at least 50 bucks. . If the kit really does allow guys like me, that lack any kind of gunsmiths skills to install then I would think that the price is quite reasonable.

"Each set of ODS costs about $120 and comes with a front sight tool and an allen wrench for the rear sight set screw.

“A lot of sights don’t come with a tool, and you have to take them to a gunsmith; we wanted it to be one-stop shopping. You buy it; you do it yourself,” he said."
    I've seen offers for complete sight replacements, from a gunsmith, for $25 including return shipping of your slide, with a 24-48 hour turn around time. Charge me 75$ for the sights and it's a done deal! My thoughts on the sights were that they would assist new shooters with sight alignment. But as someone else said, spend $125 on ammo and practice with the sights that came on the pistol.

Just my opinion.