Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default catching grief for cc?

The other day, a co-worker started giving me shit about carrying a gun(not in work, left in car). I'm an above avg sized guy, 6'2" and 280+lbs, for which he basically accused me of being a pussy for having a gun. I replied I've never had a problem defending myself in a fist-fight, but not every perp with bad intentions is unarmed, so I carry. Better safe than sorry, u know?. Anyone else ever have to defend their right to carry?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: catching grief for cc?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    The other day, a co-worker started giving me shit about carrying a gun(not in work, left in car). I'm an above avg sized guy, 6'2" and 280+lbs, for which he basically accused me of being a pussy for having a gun. I replied I've never had a problem defending myself in a fist-fight, but not every perp with bad intentions is unarmed, so I carry. Better safe than sorry, u know?. Anyone else ever have to defend their right to carry?
    Most of the contractors I work for know I carry. I OC so...
    I've had the snickers and when accused of being a pussy I just agree and say " yeah, that's why I carry". It stops them in their tracks and I get a "hey, j/king, it's cool"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Most of the contractors I work for know I carry. I OC so...
    I've had the snickers and when accused of being a pussy I just agree and say " yeah, that's why I carry". It stops them in their tracks and I get a "hey, j/king, it's cool"
    And I'm paranoid and have a small......
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Allegheny County)

Now a guy who carries and then goes looking for trouble is a pussy. Carrying for self-defense, no matter your size and H2H combat skill level is not being a pussy - just being prepared to face and defend from a wider variety of attackers.

(Chester County)

Nobody knows I CC except me, and a few close friends, and my wife of course. I get a little bit of grief from my wife as she keeps saying we live in a very safe area, nice neighborhood, blah, blah, blah. I just don't respond to her comments, and keep CCing. Usually, she only comments if she sees me putting it on, or I carry openly in my home. Out of sight, out of mind it seems so I usually keep it covered even in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Nobody knows I CC except me, and a few close friends, and my wife of course. I get a little bit of grief from my wife as she keeps saying we live in a very safe area, nice neighborhood, blah, blah, blah. I just don't respond to her comments, and keep CCing. Usually, she only comments if she sees me putting it on, or I carry openly in my home. Out of sight, out of mind it seems so I usually keep it covered even in the house.
    Better to have it and never need it than need it and WISH you had it. As for the safe neighborhood, how often do we see someone on the news saying "that stuff just isn't supposed to happen here".
    Last edited by MT1; January 21st, 2014 at 11:24 AM. Reason: corrected typo

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    Better to have it and never need it than need it and WISH you had it. As for the safe neighborhood, how often do we see someone on the news saying "that stuff just isn't supposed to happen here".
    Yep. One of my sons used to live in Northern Liberties and told me how safe it is. I laughed. Me? Never catch me in the shithole.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=9400129

2 suspects, "WELL KNOWN to the police"

NORTHERN LIBERTIES - January 20, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police have two "persons of interest" in custody after a woman was shot and killed over her purse right in front of her mother in the Northern Liberties section of Philadelphia.

Tips led police to the persons of interest, but authorities were not yet ready to call them suspects in this case, Philadelphia Police Captain James Clark said in a Monday afternoon news conference.

Sources tell Action News at least five people, including those persons of interest, are being questioned by police
    The killing happened at 10:37 p.m. Sunday in the 900 block of North Front Street.
    26-year-old Amber Long was walking with her mother when it happened.

Amber's mother Stephanie spoke to Action News on Monday morning, saying she was in town visiting from Harrisburg.

"She was just an extremely talented person who was full of life," Stephanie Long said.

Amber and Stephanie had a mother-daughter girls's night out Sunday night. They attended an art show at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.

Later, they took the El to the Spring Graden Street Station to retrieve Amber's car from her boyfriend's.

They were walking from the SEPTA elevated rail station when they were jumped by two men on the 900 block of Front Street.

"One of them grabbed my purse and got away. The other one tried to grab her purse and she resisted. He shot her; he just shot her at pointblank range. He shot her in the chest and he shot to kill. It went right in the heart," Stephanie said.

Police rushed Long, who lived in the 1700 block of West Ritner Street in Philadelphia, to Hahnemann University Hospital, where she was pronounced dead at 11:15 p.m.

The two robbers jumped into a dark-colored or black Chevrolet Impala driven by another man and disappeared. That car has not yet been located, Clark said.

Police picked up two men matching the description at a house on the 5600 block of Camac Street.

"Through investigation, we've actually received some very good tips. We have two persons of interest upstairs in Homicide now that we're speaking with," Clark said.

Police took two women from the house Monday afternoon and are searching it hoping to find the stolen purse and the gun.

Amber Long was the only child of Troy and Stephanie Long.

She grew up in Williamsport, but fell in love with Philadelphia.

"She moved here to go to school and when she came here for school, she loved the city and she stayed. She wanted to get a job here, so she got a got a job here. She stayed. She loves Philly," Troy Long said.

Amber studied architecture at Philadelphia University and was working for a local architecture firm. She was also an artist.

Her mother proudly showed Action News a series of intricate pen and ink drawings she had been working on.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Chester County)

Yeah I read that article recently. Very sad indeed. You are correct Northern Liberties is not a "safe" area. Yes, maybe they have built, and are building some expensive condos, and have some trendy bars, and coffee houses, but just looking at its location doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Yeah I read that article recently. Very sad indeed. You are correct Northern Liberties is not a "safe" area. Yes, maybe they have built, and are building some expensive condos, and have some trendy bars, and coffee houses, but just looking at its location doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.
    Yep. They show you the window dressing, not the underbelly.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    Tell him he's a pussy if he ever calls the police to do what he is responsible for doing himself. And a hypocrite as well.. ...wont carry a gun, but will call forth someone who does.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast