Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Bought a Ruger Sr9c (Pictures)

Quote Originally Posted by ICEN View Post
    I was watching a video of Underwood ammo that looked pretty amazing. I can't remember if it was 115g or something else but I think it was 115g and it was around 1450fps.

Thats why I personally would like to carry something like that because the fact that its coming close to that load interest me and the test looked good as well.

The 115g Underwood opened up to .889 Cal but some may one more penetration than 10inch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ7ri9wa728
    I was impressed with the fact that they use Speer Gold Dot bonded HPs which I use in 124gr as I mentioned and the expansion is a crazy .887. But then again the penetration was only 9in. That may be adequate for a direct frontal shot but I have my concerns about that penetration on an oblique shot that frequently occurs in self-defense situations.

Secondly, as mentioned in the video you have to make absolutely sure that your firearm is rated +P+. If not the results can be ugly and usage of hot ammo may void your warranty. I have several 9mm handguns and want commonality of my carry rounds. I don't want +P in some and +P+ in another. I think that I'll stay put with my 124gr +Ps or my DPXs.
    Last edited by Roberto21; January 22nd, 2014 at 06:59 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123