Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Greensburg Gander mountain

Anyone know if Gander mountain is rationing reloading components. I was told they have LR magnum primers, I just don’t want to drive down if I can only get 200.

Default Re: Greensburg Gander mountain

Quote Originally Posted by hornady View Post
    Anyone know if Gander mountain is rationing reloading components. I was told they have LR magnum primers, I just don’t want to drive down if I can only get 200.
    you probably came up with this on your own by now but why don't you call them?
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition

(Westmoreland County)

It doesn’t matter now I bought primers from another forum member. Problem with just calling about anything to do with ammo or reloading, first they put you on hold for 10 minutes, then the answer to your question may not be the same response you get once you drive down and happen to get a different clerk.

(Westmoreland County)

GM in Greensburg is the last place on earth I will buy reloading components. They are so far over priced it's beyond reasonable. Their powder prices are $5 per pound higher than anyone else, I've seen bullet prices double what you can get them for at midway. Even when you add shipping cost you still save a bundle.

GM is a last resort...I gotta have it today because I foolishly forgot to plan ahead and order it place to go.

MHO

Dave

(Westmoreland County)

Gander would have been just that a last resort. I am still good on powder and standard primers. For some reason I decided a 7MM Remington magnum was needed, thus LR Magnum primers. I drove out to the shop I normally do businesses at and ran into the 200-primer limit.
    Several month back GM had a store rebate on Redfield scopes. Catch was you needed to order the scope and pick it up when it came in. Long story short it required two trips to Greensburg to get the scope. So I don’t have a lot of faith in what a random clerk tells me over the phone at GM.
    The only reason I even considered GM. I had an ad on here and another forum for LRM primers, I received a PM mentioning GM had a good supply of primers.
    However a forum member came threw and I bought 700 LRM primers for $22.00. Now if it just warms up I have a new Rifle to develop some loads for.

(Westmoreland County)

Hornady,

That's cool!! Gives you something to look forward to if the temps ever get out of the ice age.

I will admit that I have gone there in the past....but it's been a few years frankly, but about 5 years ago me and a good buddy went there as I wanted to pick up a turkey decoy. Well, I went looking for the decoy that didn't exist, and he went over to the handgun case. So, he comes over to me and tells me there is a like new Springfield 1911 in there for $350. I go look at it and I tell ya, I don't think this pistol saw 100 rounds.

So, no decoy.....but I still have the 1911!!!

Dave

(Westmoreland County)

Nice find on the 1911, That seems to be par for GM. Once in a blue moon you do find a great deal in there. Most times it is cheaper too pay the shipping else ware. I did see a really nice 336 in the rack there for $300.00 a couple months back. I would have bought it but I already have a 336 and a Glenfield 30A. Another time They had a RCBS Pro-melt casting pot for $250.00. I paid over $300.00 for mine when I bought it. It’s just seems the high prices out weigh the deals.

(Westmoreland County)

Yeah.....but every once in a while....when you have some spare time, you just gotta stop....like rolling the dice...and do a walk thru. Because you just never know......

Dave