Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Sneaky Pete Holsters?

Can anyone give any feedback on these?

I am temped to get one for my XDS, but worried it will look like a small laptop.. I think my LCP is more of a no brainer..

Also, if you purchased a belt from them, is the buckle removable for those that have custom buckles?

Thanks,
    ~Tol
    "North of I-80, we don't dial 911, we dial 223"

Default Re: Sneaky Pete Holsters?

i saw a guy carrying in one the other day i knew what it was from reading gun mags and it was pretty large..although i think sneaky pete would do better by not having anything on the flap the SP was quite obvious and someone could google to find out what it is. esp a person in a job type setting wondering what you had on etc.

i dunno what gun he was carrying but im sure it wasnt an XDS it was something smaller

(Tioga County)

Imagine putting your pistol in a box and then strapping that box to your hip. That's really all a Sneaky Pete is.

I ordered one for my P238 a few years ago when they first came out. It was nicely made and the gun fit securely, but far too large to use comfortably, even with a fairly small pistol.

I'm sure they have their place, but it just wasn't something I could carry.

--Phil

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    i saw a guy carrying in one the other day i knew what it was from reading gun mags and it was pretty large..although i think sneaky pete would do better by not having anything on the flap the SP was quite obvious and someone could google to find out what it is. esp a person in a job type setting wondering what you had on etc.
    I had considered one for the LCP when I first saw them in one of the gun mags but always had the same thing in the back of my head. It doesn't take much to realize exactly what the case is for and what it's purpose is with the emblem embroidered on there. Presumably most "device holders" that people use aren't branded as boldly(not a user of such things so this is admittedly a guess), why not just leave it plain and more inconspicuous?
    "Freedom is our most precious commodity and if we are not eternally vigilant, government will take it all away. Individual freedom demands individual responsibility."

Not really "sneaky" at all with it's size and bold emblem.

(Butler County)

I own one for an XDS, and I really like mine. It's well made and so far seems to be pretty durable (had it for about 5 months now). Yes, it is bulky, but I don't find it uncomfortable at all (though I do remove it when I'm driving). As far as the logo goes, it's easy to remove if you're concerned about it. I've yet to have a single person comment on it or ask what's inside.

-C

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

It's such an odd shape to be carrying on a belt, I always assumed that it would draw people's attention, which defeats its purpose somewhat.

I would expect fellow pistol owners to know what it is, but without a good look, many times the inconspicuous is easily overlooked, particularly in this techno gadgets day and age.
    I have also learned in the past 20 years of carry, that people tend to look less often that I think they are looking.. its that paranoia one moves past as you realize people are more situationally aware of who is around them, where there keys are, and if they have their wallets.. LOL

I'm leaning more towards the LCP size, and thing IPhone... I don't have a cell phone, so perhaps the case will fit in a little better..
    "North of I-80, we don't dial 911, we dial 223"

(Chester County)

Interesting, I will be watching this thread and looking for feedback.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It looks to me like it has it's place. Like maybe shorts and t shirt at the pool where few other options seem to work well.

(Montgomery County)

I've had the Sneaky Pete holster for well over a year now and wear it every day. I'm not allowed to have firearms at work but still wear it. I just put my cell phone in it. As soon as I'm done work the phone comes out and my LCP goes in. This is my second one. The first one had the belt clip ripped out. It was my fault as I caught it on something and pulled when I shouldn't have. I emailed Sneaky Pete and explained what had happened, wondering if they could fix it. They told me to send it to them. About a week after sending I received a brand new one at no charge to me. Great customer service! I really like my SP holster and have had no more then a handful of people ask me what it is. Most came from work. I tell them " at work its a cell phone holder, after I'm done work........" I just smile and leave it at that.