Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Adams County)

Default Sen. Cornyn introduces bill to push CC reciprocity

http://www.cornyn.senate.gov/public/...c-0df1ce95a4ae

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...=all#pagebreak

According to Cornyn's site:

"U.S. Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) today introduced the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2014, which would allow individuals with concealed carry privileges in their home state to exercise those rights in any other state that also has concealed carry laws. The legislation is cosponsored by U.S. Sens. Thune (R-SD), Vitter (R-LA), Graham (R-SC), Boozman (R-AR), Inhofe (R-OK), Crapo (R-ID), Burr (R-NC), Cochran (R-MS), Johanns (R-NE), Enzi (R-WY), Moran (R-KS), Roberts (R-KS), and Portman (R-OH).

“This bill strengthens two of our nation’s most fundamental rights, ensuring law-abiding gun owners can lawfully carry their weapons into like-minded states, while respecting the rights of states to adopt laws that are best-suited for the people of that state. This is an important affirmation of the Second Amendment and one that has been a top priority of law-abiding gun owners in Texas for some time. It is time to get this done.

The Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2014 would treat state-issued concealed-carry permits like drivers’ licenses, allowing law-abiding citizens with concealed carry privileges to concealed-carry in any other states that also permit it by law."

(Chester County)

Default Re: Sen. Cornyn introduces bill to push CC reciprocity

Ha, no Dems of course, and they control the Senate. I doubt the Repubs will want to spend the political capital and do something like give them more money fro global warming to get enough Dems to buy in. Then the President would have to sign it, and we all know how that would work.

(Allegheny County)

One can dream...

Although im not sure if I'd want a national cc policy, I'd be too worried about the fed sticking their nose into it and regulating it to the point where it's impossible for the average citizen to get it. I think this topic was brough up either here or another forum. Sometimes they blend together.

Or it could end up like the Firearm Owners Protection Act and some Democrat will stick an amendment to it and strips away something from us - like national magazine restrictions or a ban on all AR and AK platform rifles without grandfather clause.

(Lancaster County)

Did somebody say, "election year?"

(Wayne County)

Thats how stupid Cornyn is, only in states that allow it? Its a constitutional right that all 50 states should honor, what a dumbass . I just have to call dumbasses office tomorrow along with 2 face toomey.

(York County)

If by some miracle this did pass I could see a lot of "may issue" states doing away with it all together

(Wayne County)

Tried calling Cornyn and Toomey today around 3:00 pm, No answer in DC or any of Cornyns texas offices. I guess everyone cleared out early due to MLK birthday.

(Bucks County)

S 1908

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Thats how stupid Cornyn is, only in states that allow it? Its a constitutional right that all 50 states should honor, what a dumbass . I just have to call dumbasses office tomorrow along with 2 face toomey.
    At this point EVERY state allows it so no worries with that.

Quote Originally Posted by StonewallRabbitry View Post
    If by some miracle this did pass I could see a lot of "may issue" states doing away with it all together
    Won't happen. IL was just forced to create a permit system....nobody else can eliminate theirs.