Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Fobus holsters

(Adams County)

Default Fobus holsters

Are they any good? I'm currently using a nylon thumb break, but the draw is too slow. I ordered a Fobus Roto Belt for my P 95, and I'm hoping it will keep the gun there until I (and only I) need it. Anybody have any stories?

Keith
    PAFOA PROUD!
    USMV M/C

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Fobus holsters

Oh my goodness.....

Well, Fobus holsters are riveted.....that means someone...somewhere figured you could grab a gun and rip the holster in half with a Fobus holster.

Kind of like ripping a phone book in half.

I have never used a Fobus holster.....or a phone book......where one was ripped in half while I utilized it.

....and yes, I own both.

Lycantakeitforwhatthatisworththrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith4001r View Post
    Are they any good? I'm currently using a nylon thumb break, but the draw is too slow. I ordered a Fobus Roto Belt for my P 95, and I'm hoping it will keep the gun there until I (and only I) need it. Anybody have any stories?

Keith
    PAFOA PROUD!
    I have 3 Fobus paddle holsters. One has developed cracks at the rivets.

I use them because I like the ease of on/off.

Many people on this board do not like them. Some people will show you a link to a video that shows how easily they are compromised from behind (rivets snap off when twisted from behind).

I think they make a pretty fair range holster but I think the roto design holds the pistol out from the belt considerably more than even the standard fobus paddle.

If I were to give someone advice, I would advise to save a bit and get a pretty good holster. You get what you pay for.

I'll be looking at a Sidearmor IWB or other make IWB for carry.

If it's all you can afford, get one. If you have a choice and a few bucks, get something better.

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

I had used one for my G27 for about 3 years until I saw that little you tube video of the perp coming up from behind and just snapping the gun and holster right off the gun carrier's side.

I now use the Blackhawk Close Quarter Concealment holster and love it. It is somewhat a pain to get it out of the pants, but that what you really want, right?

for my range guns all I have is fobus, but I would never carry with one.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by schmol View Post
    I had used one for my G27 for about 3 years until I saw that little you tube video of the perp coming up from behind and just snapping the gun and holster right off the gun carrier's side.

I now use the Blackhawk Close Quarter Concealment holster and love it. It is somewhat a pain to get it out of the pants, but that what you really want, right?
    I have a couple of mag carriers from Fobus that I like. When it comes to holsters though,they never seem to have a model for me(I'm left handed).
    You should definitely check out Blackhawk. They have a full line of quality holsters and accessories at very reasonable prices.Leather,Kydex,righty,and lefty they probably have something that will work for you.
    Last edited by unloved; May 27th, 2008 at 07:00 AM.

I have one due to the fact Blackhawk doesn't make a holster for my primary carry guns.

(York County)

I own a couple of Fobus holsters for different guns I have. I OCCASIONALLY carry with it because it is comfortable with the paddle and is concealable. The youtube video where the guy comes from behind and pushes down and snaps the holster off the good guys hip is somewhat laughable. Since when are you so situationally unaware that when someone puts their hand on your gun and begins to pull are you going to simply stand and not move AT ALL. I am not saying that Fobus holsters are the greatest things in the world...as someone said earlier....you get what you pay for. I have found them to be a very reasonable holster for occasional CC use and wear to the range.

just my .02

(Chester County)

I got one for my Glock 30, they are ok. I carry my Glock in it occasionally. The un-holster and re-holster speeds are very appetizing and that is why I got mine.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnUSCG View Post
    I own a couple of Fobus holsters for different guns I have. I OCCASIONALLY carry with it because it is comfortable with the paddle and is concealable. The youtube video where the guy comes from behind and pushes down and snaps the holster off the good guys hip is somewhat laughable. Since when are you so situationally unaware that when someone puts their hand on your gun and begins to pull are you going to simply stand and not move AT ALL. I am not saying that Fobus holsters are the greatest things in the world...as someone said earlier....you get what you pay for. I have found them to be a very reasonable holster for occasional CC use and wear to the range.

just my .02
    Couldn't agree more - I mean, if the bad guy has his hand on your gun butt, why bother with the holster? JUST PULL, and out it goes from any non-retention holster, no? What am I missing here with this "problem"? FWIW, I use Fobus holsters and mag pouches for IDPA shooting (cheap, fast, comfortable, secure) but carry IWB.

-- Rob W.