250 TABLES

01/18/2014
    01/19/2014

SATURDAY 9AM-5PM
    SUNDAY 9AM-3PM

Admission $7.00

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Allentown Gun Show at the Econo Lodge

Every time I go to this show I remember why I don't like it. Narrow isles, doesn't have to BE crowded to FEEL like it is . Not really a lot of people, no lines but had trouble checking everything out. All my bitching aside I managed to pick up some powder that I was looking for and a like new Saiga 12 that I just couldn't pass up for the price. So all in all not a bad way to spend quality time with my son. Just don't even bother to go if you are even a little claustrophobic.............
    I have so many toys because my wife wont let me have a girlfriend.......

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by bartomark View Post
    Every time I go to this show I remember why I don't like it. Narrow isles, doesn't have to BE crowded to FEEL like it is . Not really a lot of people, no lines but had trouble checking everything out. All my bitching aside I managed to pick up some powder that I was looking for and a like new Saiga 12 that I just couldn't pass up for the price. So all in all not a bad way to spend quality time with my son. Just don't even bother to go if you are even a little claustrophobic.............
    I went with the family. It was crowded in the sense of the isles were tight, and when I was there, a decent amount of people were there. I was looking for ammo primarily, and the selection was slim at best and prices were high. 500 22lr for an out the door price of $75 (so I bought all they had, not)!!!!!! WWB 165 grain .40sw 100 round box= $46, WWB 230 gr .45 100 round = $53. NO THANKS. There was scattered ammo, but no real quantity sales. Did see lots of reloading supplies. Every firearm (.380 and 9mm for wifey) I looked at was priced high for me. Didn't even try to haggle with anyone.

Plenty of other associated knife, scopes, milsurp accessories to go around.

So crowded, high prices, limited ammo = waste of $14 entry and time/gas. Was still better than watching the TV.

(Bucks County)

Print out Eagle Arms coupons and pay $12 to get in.

I have mixed feelings about this show. So many times I decided to go after hesitating and found something there that made me glad I went. About as many times I left without buying. This is a round trip of about 100 miles plus tolls and fuel if I take the superslabs. For that reason, I try to make this show a motorcycle ride. Today I went to the Phila Armory gun show. This one I definitely don't care for...but I lucked into a couple of things for my WASR 10.
    Y'gotta play to win...

Quote Originally Posted by Cfurlo View Post
    I went with the family. It was crowded in the sense of the isles were tight, and when I was there, a decent amount of people were there. I was looking for ammo primarily, and the selection was slim at best and prices were high. 500 22lr for an out the door price of $75 (so I bought all they had, not)!!!!!! WWB 165 grain .40sw 100 round box= $46, WWB 230 gr .45 100 round = $53. NO THANKS. There was scattered ammo, but no real quantity sales. Did see lots of reloading supplies. Every firearm (.380 and 9mm for wifey) I looked at was priced high for me. Didn't even try to haggle with anyone.

Plenty of other associated knife, scopes, milsurp accessories to go around.

So crowded, high prices, limited ammo = waste of $14 entry and time/gas. Was still better than watching the TV.
    Sorry to ask, but did anyone see many AR part depots? I need some fold down sights and some PMAGs. I'm 1 1/2 hours away, so if you could give me a little intel on that, I would be most appreciative.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Soldier View Post
    Sorry to ask, but did anyone see many AR part depots? I need some fold down sights and some PMAGs. I'm 1 1/2 hours away, so if you could give me a little intel on that, I would be most appreciative.
    I saw some pmags, only price I saw was $13 for a 10 round, but plenty of 30 rounders around the tables. There were several dealers with "sights" however I didn't notice any fold down, but I wasn't looking close for them either.

Hope that helps.

(Berks County)

How much surplus stuff was there? Rifles, accessories that kind of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cfurlo View Post
    I saw some pmags, only price I saw was $13 for a 10 round, but plenty of 30 rounders around the tables. There were several dealers with "sights" however I didn't notice any fold down, but I wasn't looking close for them either.

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by tripleS View Post
    How much surplus stuff was there? Rifles, accessories that kind of stuff.
    Clothes, packs, etc, -several tables, more than a few tables with assorted accessories.
    Wasn't looking for rifles, but a more than a few guys had mosin-nagants. I don't know enough about them to comment on quality or price.

Typical quantity and assortment of stuff as it appears to be the same sellers at most of the shows lately.

(Philadelphia County)

Is this being held this weekend? March 1 & 2.

Anyone go today?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast