Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Delaware County)

Default Re: 2014 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event.

I agree with ChamberedRound and Just1more...the selection of Phil Robertson is a very bad choice. What topic do you think any media coverage this event would focus on...2A rights or anti-gay issues? How about any reps we see there...think they'll listen to us now that we've been associated with repression and intolerance?

Personally I believe the government, at any level, has no right to dictate personal lifestyle. However, our Second Amendment rights are under attack; that is where I will give my support. This introduction of 'biblical-based' anti-gay vitriol has no place in this rally.

Publicly display of intolerance will not further the 2A cause. This kind of crap will certainly lead to Hillary gaining the presidency. Why the hell can't the R's get it through their heads that people want LESS government intrusion?

I have written Metcalf and am awaiting a response; I'm sure it will mirror what Just received.

But at this time, the choice of keynote speaker is a show-stopper for me.
    I can't go to a rally and fight for my rights, while at the same time deny rights to others, even if they're not like me.

Focus on the Second Amendment and nothing else. Hijacking this day and sending mixed messages will doom our fight faster than lightning.
    Last edited by donstrom; February 28th, 2014 at 02:49 AM.
    (Member NRA & GOA)