Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: 2014 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event.

Does anyone know if the Beaver area will be having the free buses again this year?
    Edit: They will have buses and are in the organizing stages. Not sure if free yet but if not, I am sure will be well worth it.
    Last edited by Just1more; February 22nd, 2014 at 10:14 AM.

(Bucks County)

I understand why this is on a weekday but damn if it doesn't suck for us working folk.

(Allegheny County)

After reading Rep Metcalfe invited Duck Dynasty Commander Phil Robertson to headline this event - my stomach turned. I refuse to be part of this now as I must be able to fully support anything that I will be a part of. The marriage issue I am in complete disagreement with and am angry he has included this issue on this Second Ammendment Action Day. I personally do not believe it should have any part in this event on this day.

Minus 2 people to attend this Action Day.
    Last edited by Just1more; February 26th, 2014 at 05:47 PM.

(Allegheny County)

From Rep Metecalfe news release as mention by Just1more

Metcalfe Invites Duck Dynasty Commander Phil Robertson to Headline Annual PA Second Amendment Action Day

I wanted to share with you this news release that I recently sent.

HARRISBURG — State Representative Daryl Metcalfe (R-Butler) today announced that he has officially invited Duck Dynasty Commander Phil Robertson to be the featured keynote speaker at this year’s annual Pennsylvania Second Amendment Action Day.

“The battle against the radical liberal agenda in Pennsylvania includes protecting our Second Amendment rights and protecting traditional family values,” said Metcalfe. “My primary reason for inviting Phil Robertson to headline this year’s Second Amendment Action Day is because many Pennsylvanians recognize his leadership and support his uncompromising and principled stances on these issues.”

Much like Robertson, who was temporarily banned from appearing on the Arts and Entertainment network for voicing his biblically based opposition to the homosexual agenda, Metcalfe is frequently targeted for his uncompromising support of the Second Amendment and for once again sponsoring a Constitutional amendment to protect marriage between one man and one woman (House Bill 1349). Metcalfe is also the sponsor of the Right to Bear Arms Protection Act (House Bill 357), which would make any new federal gun control laws unenforceable within the Commonwealth.

“Law-abiding citizens must stand firm against any and all local, state and federal government attempts to register, limit access, ban or confiscate our firearms,” said Metcalfe. “I am once again calling on all Pennsylvania citizens who support liberty to send a clear message to all levels of government that we have a God-given right to keep and bear arms and, as affirmed by the Pennsylvania Constitution, it shall not be questioned.”

Scheduled for Tuesday, April 29, and beginning at 10 a.m. on the State Capitol steps in Harrisburg, this year’s theme for Pennsylvania Second Amendment Action Day is a red, white and blue celebration of every law-abiding Pennsylvania gun owner’s right to keep and bear arms. Established in 2006, on average, more than 70 state lawmakers and hundreds of citizens from across the Commonwealth attend this annual grassroots event in support of the Second Amendment.

Complete information and a downloadable flyer on this year’s Pennsylvania Second Amendment Action Day are available by visiting RepMetcalfe.com.

BTW I have the pleasure of having Pink Pistols members on my teams in past lobbying events.

While we didn't on "gay marriage " or with Rep Metcalfe view point on this subject.

We still could agree on the importance of protecting firearms rights regardless of other issues or other personal view points we held. As only a fool fights in a burning house, rather than working together to fight the common foe to put the fire out that threaten everything we care about.

These annual lobbying event has never been about cross purpose subjects when speaking to Reps, just protecting firearm rights.

Just because someone is invited doesn't mean they will attend, as many that have been invited to speak at the 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event in the past, won't come without some cash or something compensating them for their speech, which has very much limited who is willing to come to speak on their own dime.

For the record......Any member of the pink pistols is welcome on my team, as they have been in the past.

In my opinion for whatever its worth
    is anything happens between two consenting adults they want to do in privacy behind closed doors in between them and god to judge.

I believe in freedom and even when it involves dangerous self destructive behavior, as its their life, and they have the same freedom as I wish to exercise. The freedom to choose which course to follow to enjoy their lives without harming anyone else rights, to life, liberty an pursuit of happiness

personally I rather have Jase speak rather than Phil anyway.

IF someone wishes to turn this 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event into anything else than other than a day spent on lobbying FOR firearms rights in PA, twist this into something for serving their own personal agenda, not for the general good of all gun owners.... DON'T COME.
    Make your own lobbying event on another day as they occur almost every day in HBG capital for a variety of subjects.

Just1more sorry for your choice not come, hope you attend next year as your voice lobbying for firearm rights will be missed.
    I hope you also express your opinion to Rep Metcalfe directly.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Berks County)

I like Phil but I hope he keeps it to second amendment and not other issues. We need gun rights as the focus. We need inclusion not division. I only care about one issue. Every other issue goes away with loss of freedom. Let's secure our liberty first. Live and let live. If your pro gun, we can be friends, we avoid the things we disagree on, there is work to do.

(Allegheny County)

Thank you for addressing my concerns.

I did respond to Rep Metcalfe and my distaste of blending issues at a Second Amendment Action day plus my disagreement on the gay marriage issue and his response to me was enough to loose complete respect for the man. I was previously proud to have met him at various firearm rights events.

His response:
    You will be outnumbered by many who appreciate a strong principled stand.

He obviously doesn't know me and i could not care less about being outnumbered by anyone about any issue I feel strongly about. As a second amendment supporter, he should already know this!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    His response:
    You will be outnumbered by many who appreciate a strong principled stand.
    THIS is my problem with Metcalfe. He's the Larry Pratt of Pennsylvania, all too willing to mix other issues on the ultra-conservative agenda with gun rights.

I wish this faction of the Republican party would WAKE UP and realize that many people who want to like and support the Republicans for their stance on guns completely avoid the party altogether for their stances on many other issues. Stick to the damn Constitution, stick to the gun issue, and keep the other crap out of it.

I like Phil Robertson for his stance on guns, and while I respect his right to an opinion on other issues, I mostly disagree with them. I sincerely hope that his support at the rally, and his speech, will be focused on the 2A, and he will push back against the assured attacks from the media to bring his other beliefs into focus. In fact, it's because of these media attacks that are bound to happen that I think Metcalfe has made a REALLY BAD CHOICE in Phil Robertson as a guest speaker. His mere presence will take away from our 2A message because of the attention he's garnered over his other beliefs.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    THIS is my problem with Metcalfe. He's the Larry Pratt of Pennsylvania, all too willing to mix other issues on the ultra-conservative agenda with gun rights.

I wish this faction of the Republican party would WAKE UP and realize that many people who want to like and support the Republicans for their stance on guns completely avoid the party altogether for their stances on many other issues. Stick to the damn Constitution, stick to the gun issue, and keep the other crap out of it.

I like Phil Robertson for his stance on guns, and while I respect his right to an opinion on other issues, I mostly disagree with them. I sincerely hope that his support at the rally, and his speech, will be focused on the 2A, and he will push back against the assured attacks from the media to bring his other beliefs into focus. In fact, it's because of these media attacks that are bound to happen that I think Metcalfe has made a REALLY BAD CHOICE in Phil Robertson as a guest speaker. His mere presence will take away from our 2A message because of the attention he's garnered over his other beliefs.
    Then I suggest you forget about your firearms and go live in Chicago's "Progressive" utopia!!! Where GODvernment will keep you from cradle to grave!! You must be a Tom Wolf supporter!!!

Ed Stephan
    Last edited by edstephan; February 27th, 2014 at 06:38 PM.
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Armstrong County)

Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmen's Club (PMSC) is sponsoring a bus out of Monroeville PA to Harrisburg for the rally. If you need a ride out please message me. The cost will be between $30.00 and $35.00

Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post
    Then I suggest you forget about your firearms and go live in Chicago's "Progressive" utopia!!! Where GODvernment will keep you from cradle to grave!! You must be a Tom Wolf supporter!!!
    Insult/ridicule those whose opinions differ from yours... a play right out of the liberal book.

I support those who are working to organize and attend the 2a rally even though I may not agree with all their choices, as long as they stay focused on the issue at hand. In my opinion, given the media attention Robertson has recently garnered on non-2A issues, I think he was a bad choice as I believe his presence will shift the focus away from the 2A to those other issues, which quite frankly are IRRELEVANT at a 2A rally.

You're entitled to your opinion, and to disagree with mine. Unlike you, however, I'll do my best not to insult you simply because our opinions don't line up.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast