Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: 2014 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event.

Alright folks. See you there.

If you AREN'T going - today's the day to interact with your legislators. Twitter, Facebook, email... Let them know you're with us in spirit. Then keep doing it until these bills pass!!!
    FOAC Volunteer. NREMT-P. NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun Instructor & RSO. BSA Rangemaster. Act 235.
    Selling: Remington R1 1911

Home from rally. Weather was less than pleasant. More people than I expected with the weather. More people carrying long guns than last year! ! ! ! Meet a few more pafoa members. . . . A lot better than having to have to go to work today! ! !
    NRA Endowment Member, N-SSA #9526v

(York County)

Would like to have seen a few more supporters there but not a bad crowd for a rain soaked day

III% - Stand and be counted

(Montgomery County)

I went the last two years, but couldn't get off from work this year. Big thank you to those who made the trip!

(York County)

It was great to see everybody today, even though I got soaked!

Firearms check was not very efficient at all this year...I did go early but they were only taking one person at a time and not in a timely manner or orderly fashion.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Calzonewdippingsauce View Post

Firearms check was not very efficient at all this year...I did go early but they were only taking one person at a time and not in a timely manner or orderly fashion.
    I wonder if it was to protect all the children that were there today. State champ BB team was there, and I seen a whole bunch of young ones on field trip.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Calzonewdippingsauce View Post

And....some capitol police were still advising people to go to the Commonwealth ave entrance to check weapons. At Commonwealth ave no capitol cops were saying anything about having to go somewhere elsd to check anything.....until one got to the front of the line. Assholes.

(Chester County)

A couple of very wet pics from the rally. Just wish they would have found the volume knob on the speakers so that you could hear anything.

Quote Originally Posted by reverserboy View Post
    And....some capitol police were still advising people to go to the Commonwealth ave entrance to check weapons. At Commonwealth ave no capitol cops were saying anything about having to go somewhere elsd to check anything.....until one got to the front of the line. Assholes.
    Attendees were advised to check their firearms BEFORE the rally to make it quicker to assemble the teams inside to lobby. I was standing outside the East entrance from 9-10am with forms advising people to go to the alternate entrance. Maybe you would volunteer next year to do the same AFTER the rally to help others?

It was a cold rainy day. My appreciation and thanks to all those who showed up anyway. Here are some of my observations:

1) quite a few people carrying Evil Black Riffles. I believe I heard one of them being interviewed by the Associated Press. I may have to do a search and see how they portrayed him.

2) It appeared that most people this year stayed for the political action after the rally. I didn't see many people walking away after the rally was over. This is a good thing.

3) There were a few people who ended up standing in the line at the usual firearms check area to check a firearm. I was asked by someone if I knew where the check was, and answered yes based on previous years. When I got to the usual place however, I was asked if checking a firearm and directed to the other location. I saw a few others afterwards who were not so lucky, and waited through the whole line, only to be sent back to the new check area. They looked understandably annoyed. It did look like there was a sign posted about the firearms check roughly half way through the line, but I did not get a good look at it due to the heavy crowd surrounding it anyway.

4) The capitol police seemed friendly and cooperative.

5) The capitol police did not point a 1911 at me this year, while handling someones checked firearm......

All in all, a productive day I think.

On a side note, I apparently missed the firearm raffle completely. The mic volume was so low, I was not even aware the rally was over until everyone started to disperse.
    "The Intelligence Of The People Is The Security Of The Nation" We're doomed!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast