Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: 2014 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event.

Exactly as I had suspected. They didn't suddenly stop and say "Oh, crap, this was probably not the best idea."

They just couldn't afford to have him.

Well, at least the media can't use THAT against us now when they try and make us look bad to the viewers.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

Greetings,

Wow! That shows some true dedication to the cause.

Regards, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    He was asking a 1/2 million $ speaking fee. I don't think there's a chance in hell that he will be there.

(Bucks County)

Greetings,

I've been having an email conversation with an anti-gun PA house Rep from Bucks (not my specific rep). In the course of conversation, I asked if he would be in his H'burg office the day of the rally and if so, would he be willing to see me to get into a deeper discussion of the issues (particularly the two bills currently being held up 2011 and 2043). He replied yes to both.

I have a pretty thorough but brief set of points to bring up and notes to use depending on his replies. I think I have most of the possible counterpoints covered and can articulate them without sounding too crazy. Though I've attended these rally's before, this will be the first time I've ventured inside the Capitol. I have some experience in face to face conversation with politicians, but am certainly no expert.

So, I'm essentially asking for any suggestions from those who've done this before. Do we have a "standard" punch list or set of talking points? Any other tips, things to avoid, etc.? Thanks much and looking forward to see you all there.

Regards, Jim

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by jim-analog View Post
    Greetings,

I've been having an email conversation with an anti-gun PA house Rep from Bucks (not my specific rep). In the course of conversation, I asked if he would be in his H'burg office the day of the rally and if so, would he be willing to see me to get into a deeper discussion of the issues (particularly the two bills currently being held up 2011 and 2043). He replied yes to both.

I have a pretty thorough but brief set of points to bring up and notes to use depending on his replies. I think I have most of the possible counterpoints covered and can articulate them without sounding too crazy. Though I've attended these rally's before, this will be the first time I've ventured inside the Capitol. I have some experience in face to face conversation with politicians, but am certainly no expert.

So, I'm essentially asking for any suggestions from those who've done this before. Do we have a "standard" punch list or set of talking points? Any other tips, things to avoid, etc.? Thanks much and looking forward to see you all there.

Regards, Jim
    After the rally we break up in teams to go to the Reps and Senators offices to discuss the issues. There will be plenty of us with the info and experience to assist with any issues

Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Armstrong County)

Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmen's Club (PMSC) is sponsoring a bus out of Monroeville PA to Harrisburg for the rally. If you need a ride out please message me, name, address, phone, and email. The cost will be $30.00

We have 18 open seats on the bus, we are using US Coachways tour bus.
    If you would like to reserve a spot on the bus please message me.

Ed Stephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by MDJschool View Post
    If you don't get the elected representatives to fix the law, here's what is going to happen: Hobson McKown, Francisco Caba, Justin Dillon, Josh Prince, and Michael Keyes, (as well as special guests Victor Quilici and Leonard Embody) are going to get together and just keep sending cases to courts to utterly and completely destroy your rights, up to the point that you will actually have to bear arms.

Y'all better figure this out quick.
    Except Dillon and Prince actually HELPED our rights, by having a court declare correct that municipalities cannot regulate guns even in parks. So I don't see how they destroyed our rights by protecting our rights. (Yes, I know, blah blah blah footnote 9 blah blah blah- how is that working out? Well I see no more regulations being pushed, and actually more being dropped.).

--

But anyway, I will be there! My rep(Mentzler) is supposedly pro-gun, but he's not very good at communicating that.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post
    After the rally we break up in teams to go to the Reps and Senators offices to discuss the issues. There will be plenty of us with the info and experience to assist with any issues

Ed Stephan
    We had some nut job follow us around last year bringing up topics that had nothing to do with why we were there. Trust me, that will not happen again this year. First nut job to open it's mouth will be removed from our group.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by libertyof76 View Post
    Except Dillon and Prince actually HELPED our rights, by having a court declare correct that municipalities cannot regulate guns even in parks. So I don't see how they destroyed our rights by protecting our rights. (Yes, I know, blah blah blah footnote 9 blah blah blah- how is that working out? Well I see no more regulations being pushed, and actually more being dropped.).

--

But anyway, I will be there! My rep(Mentzler) is supposedly pro-gun, but he's not very good at communicating that.
    I guess you haven't been to a PennDOT photo license center recently.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    I guess you haven't been to a PennDOT photo license center recently.
    I don't agree with libertyof76's rose-colored take on the Erie case, but I don't think it's fair to bring up the license center signs as a response to it. They are a different problem, not a municipal preemption problem.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Armstrong County)

Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmen's Club (PMSC) is sponsoring a bus out of Monroeville PA to Harrisburg for the rally. The cost will be $30.00

We have 12 open seats on the bus with less than a week till the rally, we are using US Coachways tour bus.
    If you would like to reserve a spot on the bus please message me.

Ed Stephan

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast