Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Armstrong County)

Default Re: 2014 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    Those who believe in God do not use his name in vain. (Godvernment)
    Seems hypocritical to me.

Open your mind and your heart. - if you can.....
    http://youtu.be/hlVBg7_08n0
    It is GODvernment because they hold life or death over each and everyone of us. That is what the children in schools are being taught to worship GODvernment!!

Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    So, we only want 2A supporters who can check off certain positions on irrelevant social issues? Metcalf invites a polarizing celebrity and then puts down anyone who is offended....then others join in on the put-downs. Way to go Daryl.
    And some of us are offended by some gun owners having thin skin that take offence at anything or anyone that doesn't agree with them or their view points!!

Ed Stephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Allegheny County)

Wow. Just saw this thread.

And I thought the "Tree of Liberty" guys gave us a black eye.

Sometimes even when you aren't offended by someone, you can easily see how others may be. This was a really, really bad move from a PR standpoint.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post
    And some of us are offended by some gun owners having thin skin that take offence at anything or anyone that doesn't agree with them or their view points!!

Ed Stephan
    What's the purpose for introducing a divisive, extraneous issue into a 2A rally? And what's the benefit of getting into a pissing match with those who are offended? That's no way to promote an event. For every Mollymayhem, Just1more, or Siobhra you hear from, there's a hundred more who just won't show up.

Personally, I'm not offended at all by Phil Robertson; I think he has the right to his religious views and that he's been unfairly demonized. He's not on a crusade against gays, all he did was honestly answer a question. But I also understand why some people are offended by his views. If you think it's a good idea to push gays, and people who have gay friends or family members, away from the rally, then so be it. A 2A rally should be about the 2nd Amendment, and everyone should be welcome.

Seeing this thread brings to the forefront one thing. We all do not agree on all things.

Though I respect Mr Metcalfe on what he has done in the past protecting the rights of the Citizens in Pennsylvania, it is time that he understands that he is not able to force his religious beliefs on other people. And that is what he is attempting to do by defining marriage.

Guess what people, a man and a man or a woman and a woman should be given the same right to live their life as they fit and be happy without any Government intervention, same as any man and woman couple. If the man and woman union is so sacred and holy, why do so many man/woman marriages end in divorce?

We need to get Government to stop trying to tell you and me what is best for us. They do not know. We need to go back to the roots, what ever they may be. To a time where parents can discipline their children without fear of Government. To being allowed to decide if I want my seat belt on without worrying about a ticket. Or when I use my cell phone. It is time that people take responsibility and the consequences for their actions.

Mr Metcalfe needs to focus on defending the Constitution as it is written, reducing the size of government, and bringing industry and jobs back to the Commonwealth.

With all that being said, I too will stand with others that will not be attending the rally. And as was said earlier, for every person that speaks up about not attending there are many more that will just not attend. I am aware of a few others.

(Allegheny County)

something to consider about PA Uniform Firearm Act (UFA) and WHY you need to go to HBG on April 29 to let the elected official know you care about your firearm rights:

From the pre 1930’s to 1995 a sixty year time frame the UFA was STILL only about 50 pages.

With the vast growth in the firearm laws in 1995 and years following we have added in excess of 75 pages of more gun control laws with no end in sight. Does anyone see a pattern here?

IF it’s allowed to continue at the current rate or we allow it to accelerate by our inaction. There won’t be nothing for the next generation to enjoy or have for our country protection when all else fails.

The goal of these lobbying events is to train everyone to be an individual leader with a mission and equip you on how to defend and promote our right by interacting with elected officials.

Dedicated volunteer activist people like Kim Stolfer and Others are not going to be with us forever to perform this function. So the responsibly for the future generations of American to own firearms falls on all US to make sure they are allowed to have them and make sure they are not taken on our watch.

Unfortunately infighting over disagreement threaten everything, rather than seeing the larger big picture at what is at stake and coming together about the item we can agree with, rather than making what we disagree about more important items is how to lose and the means of how we are ruled over.

“We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately.”

Ben Franklin said that famous quote when people personal agendas, endless debating pointless, subjects like how many fairies can dance on the head of pin, fighting each other were more important than fighting together against the common foe that threaten all of their Liberty by an overbearing government during the revolutionary war.

Had the colonist not risen above their difference we would not have the freedom left that we for now can still enjoy at least today.

Sadly two hundred and some odd 39 years later we find ourselves in the much same position as our country is being taken from US because of our refusal to be directly involved on so many frontline battles were we could have made a difference, when we stay home and didn’t want to be bothered and were the silent majority, most not even raising a voice of concern, leaving the enemy have the field and wining many victories by our indifference.

So the question for each one of US to ask ourselves……what is you firearm rights really worth to you?

What are you willing to do to protect them?

What are gun owners in PA going to do to protect them?

Are we Just going to wait, till the other side have the votes to take them away?

Just take the passive approach, “hoping” someone” else will take care of my firearm rights, I am much to busy in my live to bother right now, someday I have the extra time to give, but right now I am just a happy frog swimming in warming water, as there is no threat today.

Apparently PA gun owners hold the same view point Like the most of the gun owners did in Connecticut, New York, Maryland, Maryland & New Jersey have for many years, see where that indifference has put them at now.

Everyone can always seem to find a day OFF in a weekday to go to do something to accommodate self-serving interest, rather going to HBG to do what is need in the eternal fight for freedom is required for having the RTKBA.

Rather than not going because of poorly worded press release, how about instead you show everyone that you are the better person by attending, show the legislators that your firearm rights are important to you when you tell in HBG.

By your actions and deeds you are judged by what matters to you and what doesn’t. isn't that what we don't like about politicians, they say one thing and then do another thing?

Your presences sends a powerful message to the elected Reps in HBG

Your absences then say's what to the elected Reps?

You should NEVER, EVER think someone that gets elected to office in a popularity contest, is ever going care more than you do about your firearm rights than you do.

In case you haven’t notice lots of politicians have spines made of jello, and don’t want to rock the boat and risk an re election challenger, unless there is real support for their stance, why take the chance?

Still in PA many do care, at least on firearm rights in both parties, when they know we got their backs.

For the record NO politician has ever lost an re election for voting pro-gun in PA, although lots have lost election due to their anti-gun votes.

One of the biggest reason to come is immediately after the speaking is done you can look Rep Metcalfe in the eyes and express your feelings about his press release if you wish or just thank him for his support of your firearms rights, even if you disagree with him on other subjects.

Not going says what?

What does you not going REALLY accomplish?

Who wins and who loses by you not being there in HBG on April 29th?

Do you think politicians can’t count, or will the anti-gun politicians be sad or happy that no one comes into their office this year to give them an ear full of grieve over sponsoring a anti-gun bill hmmm?

After all this annual lobbying event is NOT about Rep Metcalfe its about reminding and education ALL the elected Reps in HBG that your firearm rights MATTER to you, you care about this subject and most importantly their government positions exist for our benefit and enjoyment, not the other way around as they work for US no matter where they are elected in PA.

Something way to many Reps need to be reminded of, no matter who cast the ballots anywhere in PA they all work for US.

Till April 29

Contact Rep Metcalfe’s office and express your displeasure at his poorly worded press release trying to get media attention to this event

DO NOT USE EMAIL, its too easy to just ignore……. Use snail mail, faxes or phone calls to express your feelings (even to thank Rep Metcalfe if you wish) about his efforts on the front lines of RTKBA fight.

Just don’t be rude to the staff, you can even request for Rep Metcalfe to return your phone call or reply to your letter. IF its just a difference of a view points in press release he might not, as he is entitled to his personal opinion same as you are IF you got a point on topic on how this relates to lobbying for firearm firearms or doesn't have at it the task. Just direct it where is should be to the person you got a disagreement with.
    IF no one gets back to you call back another day or send another letter to you get your chance FTF on April 29 on the capital steps in HBG.

here is contact info for Rep Metcalfe

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/..._bio.cfm?id=13

District office
    Hon. Daryl D. Metcalfe
    2525 Rochester Road
    Municipal Building Suite 201
    Cranberry Township, PA 16066
    (724) 772-3110
    Fax: (724) 772-2922

Capitol office
    Hon. Daryl D. Metcalfe
    144 Main Capitol Building
    PO Box 202012
    Harrisburg, PA 17120-2012
    (717) 783-1707
    Fax: (717) 787-4771

IF no one wish to do anything helpful and with purpose to protect their firearms rights with direct political action. would you mind IF the rest of us un PAID volunteers say this is the last annual rally and call it quits after 2014, you all can do this instead and we wash our hands of the noble effort.

Maybe we should adopt a more direct approach instead we should say something like this.

You got your wish and the rally is being cancelled because of your concerns over the press release over Richardson. The ‘Right to Bear Arms’ was our intent but obviously what one person stops the whole process. You GOT YOUR WISH! Now YOU schedule the rally and do the work necessary – you have shut us down!!
    Be kind Let us know, IF we are wasting our time doing this annual lobbying events, with the goal in trying to teach you how to be an effective activist, arming you with the knowledge to fight for the future after all if you don’t care, why should we care more than you do?

Life is too short, let it be someone else worry about the problems in the future isn't that why our country is so screwed up now?

Personally I would much rather spending most of my vacation days every year instead fly fishing for trout rather than doing all of this political stuff year after year. I also know for a fact, when the anti-gun forces do have the votes, don’t worry with no one fighting them sooner or later they will pass all the anti-gun stuff like many adjoining states to our east already have now.

You all can stand in long lines and register your guns and annual pay fee to keep them. Think that will never happen here in PA

Are you aware of HB 239? ANNUAL FIREARM REGISTRATION
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&bn=0239

Registration of Firearms SB 815

how about a so called Assault Weapons Ban HB 517
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&bn=0517

Maybe having to pay yearly Firearm Liability Insurance HB 520
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&bn=0521

Large Capacity Ammunition Magazine Legislation HB 1479
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&bn=1479

Mandatory registration all firearms sold or transferred in the City of Philadelphia be registered with the Pennsylvania State Police. SB 811
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&bn=0811

considering how FEW gun owners there are in Philly that ever bother to come to HBG on lobbying days, guess they don't have a problem with proposed laws that ONLY effects Philly.

SO why should anyone else living somewhere in PA fight against this and other anti-gun efforts that only effects Philly? Hint they know the rest of PA gun owners have fought them to a stand still with any such nonsense to apply state wide, so they think all you live in Philly don't care enough, ARE THEY RIGHT? didn't the kings & his troops try this approach many years ago divide and conquer

All that is need is for good people to do nothing in opposition and its a done deal, the country is done for, except for the shooting in a brief fruitless civil war, till freedom is lost forever as people won't rise above their difference to fight for the common good, is why we have lost much.

Maybe I should just pick up same indifference view point as many have and move now to some other more freedom activist friendly state and let PA fall to its fate to be even more firearm restrictive state than its already now. Say o well its been fun while it lasted, just give up the animated contest of freedom let the empty shell cases fall where they may and move on.

This issue is bigger than you me or what firearms mean to any one person, is about fighting to protect the future along with the freedoms we grew up with for the next generation to enjoy now that it’s our watch, along with our duty to protect what so many paid the very high price for US to have today or was their sacrifice for nothing ? where they all just fools to fight for a better future for their posterity, their country, to honor their oath to the constitution your actions show their true value of what they paid for freedom.

I hope many of you reconsider your reasons for not coming, show you are the better person and attend this year annual rally, and take the some of the direct action out lined in this post if you wish.

OR

You better consider stepping up as leader and doing the next rally in HBG your own better way, then you see how much of a thankless job it really is, along with joys of working with so many strong willed and independent people can be.

Maybe this why there are no other annual rallies for firearm rights at the PA capital where the primary goal is to interact with the elected Reps, you know the ones that actually vote on what the actual words are in gun laws are in PA that many can quote, more complain about and most don’t like the infringements or questioning of your rights as written now must be OK as most people voices are silent, when windows of opportunity are open to you on lobbying efforts to defend your rights without personal risk , of blood or treasure to speak up, to lean your voice in a cause that so many are passionate about.

You by your actions and deeds show what you hold as something valuable when you fight with passion to protect from its loss.

You get to decide what course the future hold for PA along with the rest of US

Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Washington County)

I'm with the majority here, Metcalf screwed up by inviting a controversial celebrity associated with bad PR. Yes Phil's position is a valid personal opinion he is entitled to but it is simply bad PR.

I'm 25 years old, a member of the millennial generation, a group that is already tough to find firearm enthusiasts in, and nothing is going to push more away than an anti-gay position. We are a very accepting generation, myself included. We're not afraid. I'm a tall white gay that's straight and owns a belt fed gun. Why should I be afraid of LGBT groups? The firearms hobby and our rights are not going to be preserved by younger generations as long as we're associated with these unpopular draconian social views. But I guess it will be that way until some of the gray haired people around here are in the ground.

I believe in freedom, liberty, and happiness. If your freedom and happiness revolve around being in the LGBT group then I'll fight for it, just like I would for anything covered in the Bill of Rights.

I'm really questioning if myself and the group of friends I drag with me will be attending. Last year I brought 5 others with me.
    Last edited by JoshIronshaft; March 11th, 2014 at 02:37 PM.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeSheepDog View Post
    I'm with the majority here, Metcalf screwed up by inviting a controversial celebrity associated with bad PR. Yes Phil's position is a valid personal opinion he is entitled to but it is simply bad PR.

I'm 25 years old, a member of the millennial generation, a group that is already tough to find firearm enthusiasts in, and nothing is going to push more away than an anti-gay position. We are a very accepting generation, myself included. We're not afraid. I'm a tall white gay that's straight and owns a belt fed gun. Why should I be afraid of LGBT groups? The firearms hobby and our rights are not going to be preserved by younger generations as long as we're associated with these unpopular draconian social views. But I guess it will be that way until some of the gray haired people around here are in the ground.

I believe in freedom, liberty, and happiness. If your freedom and happiness revolve around being in the LGBT group then I'll fight for it, just like I would for anything covered in the Bill of Rights.

I'm really questioning if myself and the group of friends I drag with me will be attending. Last year I brought 5 others with me.

That all depends on the priority you have of owning your firearms or what infringements you can tolerate!!!

Sorry I had forgotten, since you are a member of the millennial generation you know it all and don't need the experiences from someone that has gone through life. If you are an example of the next generation then we are fighting a loosing battle, the GODvernment education has done its job and Nikita Khrushchev was right.

https://www.marxists.org/archive/mar...festo/ch02.htm
    Nevertheless, in most advanced countries, the following will be pretty generally applicable.

1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
    2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
    3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.
    4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
    5. Centralisation of credit in the hands of the state, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.
    6. Centralisation of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State.
    7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
    8. Equal liability of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
    9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of all the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the populace over the country.
    10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children’s factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, &c, &c.

Ed Stephan
    Last edited by edstephan; March 12th, 2014 at 01:00 PM.

(Dauphin County)

If you can't find a way to participate inside a government or you can't find a way to influence society to that proper end, you have to overthrow or displace the alleged government that exists. It's that simple. For anyone who is bowing out because of co-opting, can you list your alternatives to assure the just ends of a necessary and proper government?

If you don't get the elected representatives to fix the law, here's what is going to happen: Hobson McKown, Francisco Caba, Justin Dillon, Josh Prince, and Michael Keyes, (as well as special guests Victor Quilici and Leonard Embody) are going to get together and just keep sending cases to courts to utterly and completely destroy your rights, up to the point that you will actually have to bear arms.

Y'all better figure this out quick.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by MDJschool View Post
    If you don't get the elected representatives to fix the law, here's what is going to happen: Hobson McKown, Francisco Caba, Justin Dillon, Josh Prince, and Michael Keyes, (as well as special guests Victor Quilici and Leonard Embody) are going to get together and just keep sending cases to courts to utterly and completely destroy your rights, up to the point that you will actually have to bear arms.

Y'all better figure this out quick.
    Quoted for the truth behind that whole crazy train.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast