Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 98
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Marple Township
    (Delaware County)
    Age
    61
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    915649

    Default Re: 2014 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event.

    I agree with ChamberedRound and Just1more...the selection of Phil Robertson is a very bad choice. What topic do you think any media coverage this event would focus on...2A rights or anti-gay issues? How about any reps we see there...think they'll listen to us now that we've been associated with repression and intolerance?

    Personally I believe the government, at any level, has no right to dictate personal lifestyle. However, our Second Amendment rights are under attack; that is where I will give my support. This introduction of 'biblical-based' anti-gay vitriol has no place in this rally.

    Publicly display of intolerance will not further the 2A cause. This kind of crap will certainly lead to Hillary gaining the presidency. Why the hell can't the R's get it through their heads that people want LESS government intrusion?

    I have written Metcalf and am awaiting a response; I'm sure it will mirror what Just received.

    But at this time, the choice of keynote speaker is a show-stopper for me.
    I can't go to a rally and fight for my rights, while at the same time deny rights to others, even if they're not like me.

    Focus on the Second Amendment and nothing else. Hijacking this day and sending mixed messages will doom our fight faster than lightning.
    Last edited by donstrom; February 28th, 2014 at 02:49 AM.
    Anti O-merikan (Member NRA, GOA, 2AF)

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Zelienople, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)
    Posts
    3,953
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: 2014 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event.

    Quote Originally Posted by donstrom View Post
    I agree with ChamberedRound and Just1more...the selection of Phil Robertson is a very bad choice. What topic do you think any media coverage this event would focus on...2A rights or anti-gay issues? How about any reps we see there...think they'll listen to us now that we've been associated with repression and intolerance?

    Personally I believe the government, at any level, has no right to dictate personal lifestyle. However, our Second Amendment rights are under attack; that is where I will give my support. This introduction of 'biblical-based' anti-gay vitriol has no place in this rally.

    Publicly display of intolerance will not further the 2A cause. This kind of crap will certainly lead to Hillary gaining the presidency. Why the hell can't the R's get it through their heads that people want LESS government intrusion?

    I have written Metcalf and am awaiting a response; I'm sure it will mirror what Just received.

    But at this time, the choice of keynote speaker is a show-stopper for me.
    I can't go to a rally and fight for my rights, while at the same time deny rights to others, even if they're not like me.

    Focus on the Second Amendment and nothing else. Hijacking this day and sending mixed messages will doom our fight faster than lightning.
    I don't see how you can assume that there would be any "anti-gay vitriol" from Robertson at the rally. He thinks homosexuality is a sin, according to his religion, but in his response to the A&E controversy, he said "I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me", and he seems to have been living up to those words. He hasn't been on an anti-gay crusade, he only answered a question in an interview. We should be looking for 2nd Amendment supporters wherever we can find them.

    Metcalfe's response to just1more shows that his event is more about Daryl than the 2nd Amendment. A simple "Sorry you were offended, but the rally is all about the 2nd Amendment and everyone is welcome" would have gone over a lot better than "screw you, there's more of us than there are of you".

    Going to this rally from Western PA is time, money and a lost vacation day. This year, I'll find a different way to put that time & money towards the same goal, instead of going to The Daryl Show.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    somewhere, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Age
    43
    Posts
    6,912
    Rep Power
    2967461

    Default Re: 2014 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event.

    Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I don't see how you can assume that there would be any "anti-gay vitriol" from Robertson at the rally. He thinks homosexuality is a sin, according to his religion, but in his response to the A&E controversy, he said "I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me", and he seems to have been living up to those words. He hasn't been on an anti-gay crusade, he only answered a question in an interview. We should be looking for 2nd Amendment supporters wherever we can find them.
    Agreed. I don't necessarily think any hate is going to come from Robertson himself. However, because of his opinions, the media is going to try and link his beliefs on homosexuality to this 2nd Amendment issue in an attempt to perpetuate the "gun nut" stereotype they created. Even if the media doesn't do this, many perceive this to be the case, and in politics, perception is truth. I'm surprised Metcalfe did see this, or care to see it.

    Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Metcalfe's response to just1more shows that his event is more about Daryl than the 2nd Amendment. A simple "Sorry you were offended, but the rally is all about the 2nd Amendment and everyone is welcome" would have gone over a lot better than "screw you, there's more of us than there are of you".

    Going to this rally from Western PA is time, money and a lost vacation day. This year, I'll find a different way to put that time & money towards the same goal, instead of going to The Daryl Show.
    Again, agreed. His attitude towards people he needs to help the rally be successful is concerning. If he wants to take a dismissive attitude towards those that might not line up with him on other beliefs, or brush aside those that voice their concerns with choices that might be affecting the spirit of the rally, so be it. But as a result, he might not get the turnout he'd hope for.

    I hope for this rally to be a success, but worry that the organizers are alienating the very people they need to make it so.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

    "[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

    "America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

    Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Armstrong County, Pennsylvania
    (Armstrong County)
    Age
    60
    Posts
    2,046
    Rep Power
    2863683

    Default Re: 2014 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event.

    Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmen's Club (PMSC) is sponsoring a bus out of Monroeville PA to Harrisburg for the rally. If you need a ride out please message me, name, address, phone, and email. The cost will be between $30.00 and $35.00
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Schwenksville, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Age
    70
    Posts
    952
    Rep Power
    634988

    Default Re: 2014 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event.

    I have no intent on going this year. Just him being there will be taken as an endorsement of his hate. We as gun owners are fighting an up hill battle against the gun grabbers who paint us as uneducated bigoted hicks. To have a bigot like him speaking with give them the proof they need.
    Metcalfe is also the state's leading anti-Gay leader. He has been pushing for an amendment to ban same-sex marriage to the state constitution. When I was talking to my state rep he pointed that out to me when I asked him to work with Metcalfe on gun rights. Until now Metcalfe has done a good job keeping the two issue's apart.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Armstrong County, Pennsylvania
    (Armstrong County)
    Age
    60
    Posts
    2,046
    Rep Power
    2863683

    Default Re: 2014 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event.

    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhra View Post
    I have no intent on going this year. Just him being there will be taken as an endorsement of his hate. We as gun owners are fighting an up hill battle against the gun grabbers who paint us as uneducated bigoted hicks. To have a bigot like him speaking with give them the proof they need.
    Metcalfe is also the state's leading anti-Gay leader. He has been pushing for an amendment to ban same-sex marriage to the state constitution. When I was talking to my state rep he pointed that out to me when I asked him to work with Metcalfe on gun rights. Until now Metcalfe has done a good job keeping the two issue's apart.
    You will not be missed. It sounds to me it is you that can NOT accept other peoples opinions and is closed minded.
    Marriage is an institution created by the church according to the bible. GODvernment uses marriage to condone or punish via tax code, behaviors they deem as acceptable or unacceptable.
    Seems to me if you were a person that wanted freedom you would be working to eliminate GODvernment from any church sanctioned behaviors and to treat everyone as equals???
    If the GODvernment would eliminate marriage as a tax incentive as well as insurance, retirement, etc.... Seems to me problem would be solved!!

    Ed Stephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Schwenksville, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Age
    70
    Posts
    952
    Rep Power
    634988

    Default Re: 2014 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event.

    Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post
    You will not be missed. It sounds to me it is you that can NOT accept other peoples opinions and is closed minded.

    Ed Stephan
    I don't accept hate and I don't accept lairs. And I don't accept the fact that this will help build a wall between gun owners and the people who need to hear our message. He will separate us even more from the very people we need to join us. He is welcome to his opinion. But why should I reward or show support for that opinion?
    And we as gun owners don't need to give the gun grabbers more things to use against us.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Armstrong County, Pennsylvania
    (Armstrong County)
    Age
    60
    Posts
    2,046
    Rep Power
    2863683

    Default Re: 2014 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event.

    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhra View Post
    I don't accept hate and I don't accept lairs. And I don't accept the fact that this will help build a wall between gun owners and the people who need to hear our message. He will separate us even more from the very people we need to join us. He is welcome to his opinion. But why should I reward or show support for that opinion?
    And we as gun owners don't need to give the gun grabbers more things to use against us.
    Sounds like you are the only one with hate here and no tolerance for other peoples opinion. You must really hate yourself!!

    LMAo
    Ed Stephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Zelienople, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)
    Posts
    3,953
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: 2014 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event.

    So, we only want 2A supporters who can check off certain positions on irrelevant social issues? Metcalf invites a polarizing celebrity and then puts down anyone who is offended....then others join in on the put-downs. Way to go Daryl.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    1,157
    Rep Power
    2766369

    Default Re: 2014 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event.

    Those who believe in God do not use his name in vain. (Godvernment)
    Seems hypocritical to me.

    Open your mind and your heart. - if you can.....
    http://youtu.be/hlVBg7_08n0

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2013 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event
    By WhiteFeather in forum Political
    Replies: 231
    Last Post: April 29th, 2013, 03:28 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 17th, 2012, 01:32 PM
  3. Replies: 130
    Last Post: June 2nd, 2011, 04:33 PM
  4. Replies: 92
    Last Post: April 22nd, 2010, 12:09 AM
  5. Replies: 73
    Last Post: November 23rd, 2009, 03:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops